Rollback.... Again?

Ever since they fixed the rollback issue I went on playing the game believing it is all ok now. However when I played in the Auric Basin I got disconnected and kicked out of the game in the middle of the meta event. Ever since then my character is displayed to be in Hoelbrak, the place I was before I started playing that day, when I get into the character selection screen. If I try to play with that character I'm permanently stuck in the map loading screen. I have repaired my client but it does not fix the issue at all. Seems to me that there's some kind of serious bug on the server side. I have contacted the support team and it had been three days without any response.

So while I'm waiting, I came to ask whether anything similar happened to anyone else in the community, and what could be done against this case. Thanks for reading this and sorry to waste your time if you are not interested.

First ive heard of it since the fix. I’d keep waiting - support sound overloaded at the moment and responses wil take ages.

Have you noticed any loss of anything on the account itself?

I vaguely remember this happening to me years ago and it sorted itself out automatically I think

What's shown on the character select screen isn't always accurate, so if that's all you're going by, it doesn't mean anything. Minor rollbacks can however happen whenever an instance crashes, which will roll you back up to ~10 minutes from the point you entered the map.

Some people have problems connecting to certain IPs (use -maploadinfo to see it while loading). You can try guesting to other (popular) servers to influence which megaserver you're prioritized to (different IPs), but after 3 days, chances are you've been to various IPs, or maybe not. If possible, you could instead try a VPN.

Using -prefreset may help, but be warned that this will reset all of your settings.

In rare cases, the character is "locked" and only support can fix this. This usually only lasts 15 minutes.

@"Healix.5819" said:What's shown on the character select screen isn't always accurate, so if that's all you're going by, it doesn't mean anything. Minor rollbacks can however happen whenever an instance crashes, which will roll you back up to ~10 minutes from the point you entered the map.

Some people have problems connecting to certain IPs (use -maploadinfo to see it while loading). You can try guesting to other (popular) servers to influence which megaserver you're prioritized to (different IPs), but after 3 days, chances are you've been to various IPs, or maybe not. If possible, you could instead try a VPN.

Using -prefreset may help, but be warned that this will reset all of your settings.

In rare cases, the character is "locked" and only support can fix this. This usually only lasts 15 minutes.

Haven't been able to get on the character for three days, so being locked is definitely not the case.I'm saying there's likely to be a rollback because I cannot get on the character, and the only information I can gain from the game is the character screen, which tells me the character is in a place I was at ages ago.As in the commands you suggested me to try, can you please tell me how to use them during map loading? Because I can't see a place to put them down. Thx.

@Randulf.7614 said:First ive heard of it since the fix. I’d keep waiting - support sound overloaded at the moment and responses wil take ages.

Have you noticed any loss of anything on the account itself?

I vaguely remember this happening to me years ago and it sorted itself out automatically I think

Not quite sure yet, don't wanna log onto another character just to make that one fucked too.

@"Ryo.5824" said:As in the commands you suggested me to try, can you please tell me how to use them during map loading? Because I can't see a place to put them down. Thx.

You use it with a shortcut. Right click a shortcut > properties. You add options like this to the end of the target, for example:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -maploadinfo

For a quicker test, simply take another character to the same map. If it also gets stuck loading, you know it's a connection problem, otherwise it's a character problem.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Ryo.5824" said:As in the commands you suggested me to try, can you please tell me how to use them during map loading? Because I can't see a place to put them down. Thx.

You use it with a shortcut. Right click a shortcut > properties. You add options like this to the end of the target, for example:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -maploadinfo

For a quicker test, simply take another character to the same map. If it also gets stuck loading, you know it's a connection problem, otherwise it's a character problem.

Thanks for help!

@Ryo.5824 said:I'm saying there's likely to be a rollback because I cannot get on the character, and the only information I can gain from the game is the character screen, which tells me the character is in a place I was at ages ago.

Rollbacks are not being done on a single account basis. This is an isolated issue relating to one of your characters. It happens, though rare it might be. Log onto a different character, write a ticket, move on.

The CS Team will likely suggest you use the -prefreset command line argument for that character. (Which, of course, will reset your preferences.)Nothing to do with rollbacks; sometimes, the client loses connection with the server, and loses the data of where that character last was. It will either put the character in the last known place, or one of the default places, like Lion's Arch.

Good luck.