Bloodstone-Crazed Shark needs to be tuned down by A LOT

I really want to kill this shark to finaly finish my 'current event' section for as long as it is available, but there is simply no bloody way. I really tried hard, I waited for half an hour until it spawned, I got around 8 people together to kill it and we failed MISERABLY. This is really a kick in the nuts if you weren't around at release. You simply don't get a full zerg anymore for this legendary beast.

PLEASE Anet, think about one of the following solutions given the fact that this is more or less impossible to finish under the given circumstances:

1. Make him a CHAMPION, not a LEGENDARY type of enemy.
  2. OR: remove the TIME cap. It can spawn in a cave which takes almost 5 minutes for people to get there. Within 10 minutes, you can't beat him. We brought him down to 60% with a lot of death-zerging, but no way to kill him.
  3. OR: significantly tune down his damage abilities. Everything he does is super lethal. Also he has this annoying pull mechanics that leaves you unable to use any skill for around 5 seconds until you're dead.

PLEASE: as it is now, this mob is unkillable since only very few people do it anymore - and there's a temporary achievement attached to it. Please let us kill this mob. Thank you!

€dit: apparently it's not under 'current events' anymore, but under 'side stories' - doesn't change the fact that no one's doing it anymore and leaving it as legendary is really unnecessary by now.

If the dailies are events on mt malestrom or bloodtide coast you should be able to get a group pretty easily. There were tons of people killing it today in a daily map. I agree it could do with a nerf though because its not in line with the others.

I have much more trouble getting a group for ley line anomaly because it always fails since people are never organised enough.

It doesn't help that a lot of people ignore underwater combat so much that their UW gear is usually underleveled and of low quality, not to mention not knowing their UW weapon skills very well, and just having poor builds in general for UW content. Yet they still contribute the same to scaling.

I'd really like to see the shark nerfed slghtly just because of those issues. As a group, you are already less effective simply by virtue of being underwater.

Archived