Participation Decays when defending

Okamikazi.8652

Not a bug. It's a mistake. There is nothing that gives participation in defending other than the defense event, and that requires kills. Most of the time kills only happen at the final part of the assault(when they charge into lords) or when the defenders charge out. Other than kills you bleed participation when defending, even if you are doing critical tasks to defend your objectives.

You didn't do anything the game could register. So no its not a bug, you just aren't doing enough of certain things. None of the enemies you hit with siege died. Shield blocking doesn't count toward participation.In this situation, assuming you can't kill anything or tag things that get killed in the near future, you should be repairing. And if you can't repair you might as well leave if you are playing for participation.

Competent players will only run into this problem occasionally, its mostly dependent on how your bl map in general does at the time of playing and your ability to solo the map objectives and other players.

Its not uncommon to be stuck at 0 participation indefinitely against an organized enough force who has conquered and is camping your corner.....but it means your entire team is being outplayed to such a large extent that the enemy kinda earns it.

To gain participation regarding a defend event you must do either the following:

• Kill an enemy (indirect kills may also count e.g; Venomshare Thief on your allies although I'm not sure if that still works. Kills with siege should also work)
  • Repair gate/wall

I haven't really stumbled upon anything else that would otherwise grant me eligibility for the reward.

Unfortunately successful shield gen bubbles do not count towards the event which I find ironically ridiculous considering it's defensive siege. They should update the participation system in that regard to include successful shield gen bubbles etc

Hope that helps.

They should change the system so that using a shield to block a shot should reward the player with the same participation as a player hitting a wall with the shot (ie, 2m). Same goes for siege disabler. Seems like anet simply did not consider that use case when adjusting the participation system.

@Belorn.2659 said:They should change the system so that using a shield to block a shot should reward the player with the same participation as a player hitting a wall with the shot (ie, 2m). Same goes for siege disabler. Seems like anet simply did not consider that use case when adjusting the participation system.

These would be the defensive plays that I also had in mind. Repairing walls was a troll move from arenanet in first place but I would like to see a good way to reward tapping the defense buildings. On my server it is always a problem that people build them but no one maintain them.

A possible solution that i had in mind would be:You could gain participation from tapping a siege weapon in tower range(not zone) the participation increase could be the difference between the maximum despawn time and their remaining time for 1 min => 1sec till a cap of 5 min but you will not gain anything from the same weapon in a time frame of 1 minute. You will also not increase your participation level you will only hold your current level.

The only way i see to abusing this is to build defense till the cap is reached but I think this would be to annoying compared to the outlook treb or camp turning.

Archived