Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

Playing from EU, server Baruch Bay (SP).
The first time i literally had no game for a week. Then some time without lag spikes, and then again. Huge lag spikes. Then less time without, and then again. And again.
I mean, this is clearly getting worse. Where is this gonna end? Do you really want me to stop playing your game so badly?

• Haha 1

I've found out it's not a GW2 problem but I'm guessing the internet provider.

I did check my network stability over the last 2 weeks, it does spikes there. For example 98% of some time playing are fine and good, but when comes to this 2% it spikes, then it disconnect GW2, even if you can still play the game, but does appear when changing map.

you can monitor check double check your stability from: https://packetstats.com/ after picking up the right server.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The last few days the game has become unplayable. Random spikes, disconnects that last up to 2 minutes. It's just ridiculous. What's going on? AFAIK it's not my ISP. All measuring tools say everything is a-okay even when testing while gw2 is running. So what's going on? I am in Australia, have been playing for years. Never had a problem.

• Sad 1

Some cable fault I guess. Some ISPs use that cable, some don't. Then again some games have no issue since they use different routing too. Anet usually says it is your ISP and your ISP usually can't do anything about it, so you'd have to either use a VPN (tricky with GW2) or switch ISP until one is good with gW2's routing.

• Sad 1

Have never had the lag issues with the game in the last 11 years than I do right now. In WvW especially I have unresponsive screens that may lead to crashes or "catchup" after 10 secs - by which time you are a smear on the floor. Previously these occurred on big 3 way fights - especially chaos armor zergs but now it is random times with no fights close, even taking camps solo. I am from Australia.

When are you going to acknowledge the server degradation and, more importantly, fix it???

• Confused 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:45 PM, michcio.5094 said:

I've found out it's not a GW2 problem but I'm guessing the internet provider.

I did check my network stability over the last 2 weeks, it does spikes there. For example 98% of some time playing are fine and good, but when comes to this 2% it spikes, then it disconnect GW2, even if you can still play the game, but does appear when changing map.

you can monitor check double check your stability from: https://packetstats.com/ after picking up the right server.

Mine's not the case, every time I got disconnected the site you provided told me my internet was fine (tested in NY and CA server). It could very well be and ISP problem, but it would be nice to check if that was the case at least so we can have peace of mind and/or try different things (aka VPN). I don't know if ANet can provide any sort of tool for us to check this, but it would be nice if they acknowledged this issue and try to help us out. All we ask for, really.

• Sad 1

I started  having this issue and called Comcast who checked it. Was told it was due to a recently built housing development for low income and mostly migrant people. The rural lines in my area cannot handle the load at peak times. I said this in chat and was instantly harassed being accused of hate speech, but this is what I was told by Comcast techs. Would love to hear a solution as none of the bullies in chat provided any info on the true cause and solution.

• Sad 1

If someone could compile a list of possible fixes and sticky them to this thread or OP edit that'd be great. Having to constantly redo story missions is a bummer... I've probably spent hours doing the same kitten over and over with unskippable cutscenes and walkalogues.  None of these fixes have worked for me.

Possible Fixes:

Add "-clientport 80"  to your Launch Option.

Go from Direct X9 to Direct X11. Which is no longer viable for most standard installs. The radio box is no longer there in my options.

Port forward your router.

Change 'Content Streaming' to 'Max' under General Options.