Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

I see a couple of different problems being id'ed. My problem is that today I am having trouble even logging into the game. This morning it took 30 mins, and I started trying to log into the game about 50 mins ago and was just able to log in. I can get here to the website just fine. Nothing is wrong with my internet, it's just logging into the game. I keep getting an error regarding being unable to connect to the login server. This is the first day I have had any issues with the game. 

There was a recent post on LinkedIn about the power of AWS for Arenanet. The truth is they currently do not have the servers scale enough to handle the current player base.  This the reasoning for recent lag spikes that are occurring. But if you place a ticket or bring it up.  They will state it's your local network setting. 

Maybe if enough people bring to there attention they will address it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

bonjour

depuis 4 jours je galère j arrête pas de me faire jeter de la partie

y a que dans ce jeu ou sa merde depuis leur foire au dragon sa merde

en attendant c'est plutôt la foire a la déconnexion, sa devient chiant au moment ou j'écris je viens de me faire déco

apparent y a pas beaucoup de solution

bon chance Marco de Trépoya 

• 2 weeks later...

Necro'ing this thread because the error code I'm posting about is identical.

Getting a LOT of 7:11:3:202:101 disconnects as of the past two days. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, dungeons, fractals, open world, spvp, etc. As per usual I made sure I had all the recommended ports open, and I'm not having any connectivity issues with any other game/application on this computer. Anyone else having the same issue?

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2023 at 7:06 PM, Muffin.5208 said:

I have huge lag spikes that lasts about 30 secs. Map is all black and lots of texts are gone when you hover over items.
It happens ALOT! It was fine just a few days ago. Not doing anything unusual in the background.

Several in our guild are having these blackout screens in WvW as well. 

• Haha 1

Must now also report something.

Whenever I play GW2, open world, story instances, just like that my connection is completely lost.

Not just a disconnect but when I look in the taskbar the complete connection to the internet disappears. The typical network icon changes to a globe for several seconds.

I am running Windows 11.

This problem is only here in Guild Wars 2. As a normal user I would say that the game causes a hard traffic over the network connection that my Fritzbox 6600 constantly cracks.
Funnily enough it is not reproducible.

If I play Pubg, New World, 7Days2Die, Smalland, Scum my connection runs like clockwork. Only here - in Guild Wars 2 my connection crashes occasionally.

And... yes it is only with me. Because while the entire Internet connection is "dead" for me, my girlfriend can play games, surf the Internet and watch Youtube videos.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:07 AM, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Necro'ing this thread because the error code I'm posting about is identical.

Getting a LOT of 7:11:3:202:101 disconnects as of the past two days. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, dungeons, fractals, open world, spvp, etc. As per usual I made sure I had all the recommended ports open, and I'm not having any connectivity issues with any other game/application on this computer. Anyone else having the same issue?

I'm experiencing the same thing, haven't been playing alot lately but the problem is consistent everytime i log in, how're you guys doing now? anything you guys did to fix the issue?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

I'm experiencing the same thing, haven't been playing alot lately but the problem is consistent everytime i log in, how're you guys doing now? anything you guys did to fix the issue?

It just magically stopped happening to me a few nights ago. Made no changes of any sort, aside from playing GW2 a lot less during the disconnect-y days.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Regular (yet infrequent) disconnects here with exactly this error code: 7:11:3:202:101.

Today has been extremely terrible....8 dc's so far, in less than 2 hours. Funny when in combat (spoiler alert: NOT !!!)

In general:

No matter what I play, jumping puzzles have become a frigging nightmare, ditto for story lines, no matter in which region.

And yes: I have tried everything as specified by the helplessdesk (see what I did there?) and also everything mentioned in the so-called technical support thread.

Nothing works, just nothing.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been on and off bad since a week before the expansion launched. Around that time my ping jumped from 260-270 to 320+ and has stayed there.

Since then, for no reason I can be playing perfectly fine (as fine as 320+ ping allows) and then bang, a string of client can't connect pops, or total server drop out, or ping jumps to1k+

The past couple of days have been the worse. Yesterday during wvw, all of a sudden, 1-2s skill delay, 60s of being able to do nothing and then DC.

Just now, as I start PvP, loading screens for some reason take a minute+ instead of the usual few seconds.

Every time I do a trace, the issues seem to start once it hits the AWS routers.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting ridiculous....ever since the patch of Monday 16 October 2023 (unsure if related or not) skill lag is up to 10 seconds and occasionally even worse.

I am DC-ing more often then before: for example: yesterday I DC-ed from game over 7 times...in just 75 minutes of..well trying to play..

GW2 forums do NOT have this issue, and for as far as my memory goes, never have.

Not even a word from Arenanet, just utter silence from them.

For what it is worth: the issue is only with GW2, any other game is fine. I realize this may have been said by others before, but I guarantee this is 100% true.

DC-ed already twice today in under 30 minutes of gameplay (that is, if you even want to use the word play here, as it is a major struggle).

Not even able to get back in at the moment..client just hangs at attempting to put my char in Seitung.....

On the bright side: even getting your dailies done (those from Wizard vault) have now become quite a challenge to complete :)

Edited by Nimedhel.4680
info added
  • Sad 1

I've had this issue for at least over a year now. I used to play GW2 just fine and didn't event thought about any DC problems unless my internet really went down or maybe I was downloading stuff.

Since last year or so. This annoying kitten happens basically every 10 mins to 1 hour(if I'm lucky) while I'm playing. I have been kicked out of fractals, strikes, restarted whole story missions, etc. The game became unplayable.

Since this started to happen I have done the following:

• Allowing GW2 in firewall settings
  • Formatted PC
  • Changed home
  • Changed ISP and router

Just started having this issue about an hour ago, in WvW, everything seems fine but the second i get near other players/ fights everything freezes. im still running around but skills wont cast people rubber banding all around me. Everything was working fine for like 2 hours and now all of a sudden DC 5+ times. I have tried the diagnostic test and everything looks overall ok, so not sure what is going on. Has no one fixed this yet? Its not my router. I just had to repair the game the other day because i was getting instant kicked out of the game the second i mapped into LA or entered WvW, Fractals, any halloween content - seemed very specific to LA. That seems better and now this. 

I rarely post in the forums, but I've been having issues with logging in through the game launcher (unable to gain access to the login server yadah yadah) and many occasions of disconnecting only when switching and loading maps (error 5:11:3:164:101).

Spoiler

I usually play unranked conquest PvP currently, and it has gone to a point where it become disruptive not only to my gameplay, and it feels bad to my teammates as well. Because of disconnecting during the loading screen, I have to restart the game client. Sometimes, I could get back in time in the match I am playing, but there have been unfortunate situations where I could barely log back in due to the 'login server error' problem, which results to unintentional abandonment of my matches, my team losing, and also dishonor timeouts for me.

Anyways, apologies for this rant (it's why I put this in a spoiler lol).

GW2 is allowed in my firewall settings as I checked it. I also tried both clientports 443 and 80 to see if they could help. Also, we just had our internet router changed so I don't think it's the issue. Maybe it's our ISP, but for the past few years I played, I have not experienced the aforementioned issues quite as frequently as it is these days. I also live within South East Asia, so maybe it's a routing problem, but I genuinely don't know.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Experiencing large lag spikes (sometimes says ping is 400+, sometimes it shows 200 [which is usually normal for me from Japan]), but the actual in-game lag is still horrendous either way. It's to the point that I can walk around during a meta for 30 seconds or more in "lag time" for which I am not actually interreacting with the game or other players (I think?) but can still "move" through the world. Today, I tried the public convergence, lots of "lag time" and then eventually a disconnect back to character select. I also get the "cannot gain access to log-in server" error multiple times, especially when just logging in. It's basically guaranteed 3-5 times whenever I log in.

Edited by firedragon.8953