I opened 1,000 Black Lion Chests - Here are the results.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Ah yes, but you didn't mention the amount of norepinephrine, serotonin, or dopamine you received while opening those 1000 chests, which is really what you are paying for in the first place.

But thank you for doing this..FOR SCIENCE!

I receive 0 because I only expect garbage and get garbage, I also got 0 norepinephrine/serotonin/dopamine when I got a random mount skin I don't like, so what am I paying for again ?I would rather trade keys for a fixed amount of statuettes rather than open lootboxes.

You get one. For each key.?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Ah yes, but you didn't mention the amount of norepinephrine, serotonin, or dopamine you received while opening those 1000 chests, which is really what you are paying for in the first place.

But thank you for doing this..FOR SCIENCE!

I receive 0 because I only expect garbage and get garbage, I also got 0 norepinephrine/serotonin/dopamine when I got a random mount skin I don't like, so what am I paying for again ?I would rather trade keys for a fixed amount of statuettes rather than open lootboxes.

You get one. For each key.?

I would rather trade 1 key for 3 statuette and never bother with the RNG.

Thank you for your monetary sacrifice to open 1000 black lion chests.

The results just prove how sad the chances are of obtaining super rare items.

I thought drops from PvE bosses were bad enough! For me personally, the only reason I use black lion keys is for the statuettes - that way I can at least buy a skin that I missed out on.

Like any gambling, only throw in as much as you're comfortable with losing.

I open about 10 chests a month, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on the loot table. I never expect to get anything super amazing, though last time I did get an infinite repair canister, which :ok_hand:. Playing with chance is fun, and that should be the only reasoning people need for buying these things.

If people can't handle a loss, they shouldn't be gambling on any level. Not even with those quarter machines that pop out random cards and toys. Not even with blind box figurines.

For every person who opens 1,000 Black Lion Chests and gets nothing cool, there's another person who opened a fraction of the amount and got all the cool things. Make your peace.