Explosive engi has gone too far

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Holosmith is the strongest class in the game right now in PvP.When this is the case, I am curious why it's not noticably stronger than anything else in roaming/dueling WvW.

Most PvP builds follow suit in smallscale, often giving up roflstomp damage in favor of more cleanse. But there are few holos seen and even less that are actually good at it. When you do see one, they rarely carry grenades. They might use grenades in zerging, but there people run scrapper - where according to OP
"grenades don’t shine on Core or Scrapper"

Why is it so much stronger in PvP?

Why is the holo such a special case?

Wvw has lot more dmg than pvp while having stuff not nerfed like ranger stances .So it's classes other than the holo thats responsible?

@Shiyo.3578 said:Holosmith is the strongest class in the game right now in PvP.When this is the case, I am curious why it's not noticably stronger than anything else in roaming/dueling WvW.

Most PvP builds follow suit in smallscale, often giving up roflstomp damage in favor of more cleanse. But there are few holos seen and even less that are actually good at it. When you do see one, they rarely carry grenades. They might use grenades in zerging, but there people run scrapper - where according to OP
"grenades don’t shine on Core or Scrapper"

Why is it so much stronger in PvP?

Why is the holo such a special case?

stat scaling.dps classes cant afford to take toughness in pvp, so holo 1shots their kitten. tanky classes cant afford to take much dps, so holo outsustains them.in wvw the raw stats you get lets you dip into both.sec thing, in wvw you have much of open terrain and not much kiting, in pvp nades hit through walls, floor and can be thrown behind, giving holo extra edge over others.And the more stats you have the less valuable might is in comparison, if 20 might that holo rocks in pvp is ~20% more dmg for them, then 20 might in wvw might be more akin to 15% damage.And it's the stats and design of the maps thats responsible?

Hm.

I will give you example you duel 1v1 a holo on far. If he loses he jumps on the pad and 95% of the time you cant do squat about it and he heals to full and returns to fight.If he wins he bursts you down to kill you or just drop you low, if you jump on the pad he just blasts grenades upwards and you die anyways

Holo and tempest are the only classes that can run away, stealth, then full heal while in combat. Difference is a pure DPS tempest gets farmed by revs and thieves while a holosmith farms revs and thieves and is still a tank to take down while using a zerker amulet.

I don't understand why Holosmith kept it's absurd sustain while NO OTHER CLASS besides a HEALER(tempest) did. Not even druids or firebrands full heal if they kite away...and firebrand kiting away, lol. As absurd as rangers survival is, protect me's barrier doesn't make it's health go up so it doesn't run away then full heal like a holosmith, either.

Honestly, holosmith should have 11k HP more than ele or guardian.

So seems like u rly rly want everyone running mender stuff around xxddd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@ApaWanka.2698 said:Grenades are not the problem, because grenades don’t shine on Core or Scrapper, so the problem is somewhere else.

And on that day, it became clear that Holosmith was the true problem.

I'm... glad we've finally figured it out but... how hasn't it been clear in the last 2 months? Or even last 2 years?

EDIT: Well nevermind that, Anet has concluded that the kit was the problem, not the multiple buffs stacked on top of eachother from Holosmith that buffed it.