Upcoming Balance Patch Notes [7/2/20]

saerni.2584

Yep I definitely preferred the 4 seconds as generally when you started the first the enemy would block dodge the second to come in. That 4 second delay allowed me to hold off on the second until after the dodge. Further to that in the DE spec with no port to on steal , I tended to like the enemy to come to me and use port away. Needless to say experience on a hybrid might differ as in a pure condition build you do not rely on shadowstrike damage much and just want to get conditions on.

With torment being lessened, the repeater damage is even more important but I think I can manage the three seconds. It is definitely a nerf.

You are much better off getting shadowstrike and two repeaters in overall then shadowstrike one repeater and shadowstrike especially since there only 2 torment add on shadowstrike now.

I understand that all of the thief patch notes were not published to the forums as they ran out of time. They also seemed to have reversed course on a number of other professions restoring much of their lost damage (Shades reversion in particular). What I hope to see is them looking at those higher INI costs they added to Theif skills as they just cripple builds entirely forcing even more one button spam.

@Bovan.9481 said:

@BobbyT.7192 said:Wasn't expecting much really. I doubt the buffed skill will effect anything.Also not surprised that thieves get a small patch either, I should be, just no energy for it anymore.

They couldn't fit in the full notes for everything immediately. Thief in particular is said to get a lot more then we see in the notes.

I'm personally hopefull that condi Thief will be something worth considering for PvE now. In the same veins it would be nice if condi Thief in PvP could simply be a functional build instead of the abomination it seems to be every so often. Fingers crossed for the previous Assassin's Signet ''fix'' to be baked in baseline as well.

More changes? Like tool tips updates, and a few bug fixes?

Condi thief is insanely overpowered still and dictates the entire meta atm. Everything played is immune to condi thief, it's why top thieves are playing d/p now which is good against everything with no "You literally cannot damage this" counters such as inspiration signet mirage, condi rev, scourge(not that its played but its immune to you as condi thief) etc.

Don't play thief but I can almost guarantee the thief changes from reading what happened to the other classes.

PvP: this is where Thief has been good at since the start of the game really and because thief is good at it means thief will get buffed in this area.

WvW: in terms of large scale fights and being in squads and that, thief has never really shined in this game mode which can mean one thing, Thief will be getting nerfed.

PvE: With this game mode, there are 2 different builds i see on SC website, boon thief and DPS thief (DD or DE) this is a bit of a double whammy as with Boon thief I don't think i've seen many around or at all really, and Damage thief is again not often found in raids or fractals this can only mean a nerf here too.

Come back to me tomorrow when I am right :D

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:I hadn’t been around much since I had been gone, but I do hope that sword and staff are looked at, especially how much initiative cost it takes for weapon skills.

I also hope they take a look at initiative management in general. I noticed so many increases in initiative cost for weapon skills. Some that don’t even make sense. So let’s hope initiative management costs are on the table to be looked at and not just specific builds that either collaterally help builds or destroy them.

Wishlist: A trait either minor or maybe even the first major trait to replace thrill of crime, haste, or caltrops- that helps regenerate initiative faster 40%- 50% faster. ?

If they reworked haste into 50% more ini regen while under the effects of quickness, I'd be down for that.

I would totally be down for that! That would be amazing. Such a good idea man!