Salt on the Wound Achievement - Targeting bugged

It’s ridiculous that this hasn’t been fixed 2 years later. 

I managed to get it with that help of another player.

basically I had them start the instance and I joined them.

the abilities that you get as the guest are far more effective at dealing with the bug.

the #1 ability is spammable so you can get way more hits.

the #3 ability if used at the beginning of each attack phase increases not only the hosts damage, but also the guests. So combined with the rapid fire, it’s super easy to get this achievement. Rather than focusing on any weak spot in particular, I just spammed my 1 ability 10 times on as many as I could.

The annoying part of this bug is that you can’t tell if you have broken a weak point or not until after you move onto the next portal. So once he phases, you will start seeing him bleed.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Can we get a fix on this bug??? There's nothing worse than being utterly frustrated while trying to play a game, and it being directly due to a bug that should have been fixed long ago. If this achievement is required for completion of Vision, then it should be a priority fix. Otherwise, please remove it from the Vision completion requirement.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously you put a legendary item behind a buggy achievement and you appear to do nothing about it, even wiki states a bug since 2020.

One wonders how many players have rage quit over this crap. Never to come back.

Go on, give a dev a 6 Pack of Red Bull  fix it pls! It gives you wings! 

/rageoff /get coffee /chill mode.

• Thanks 1

An alternative is doing either the WvW or PvP Dragonfall reward track.

If you are looking to build the Vision legendary, you are going to have to go into WvW for the Gift of Battle anyways.

While I think the achievement should work better, at least there are some alternatives if your goal is the legendary trinket.

At least that is what I did to complete that step.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is actually soloable, it’s about knowing where to target. I’ve gone in several times to help people and been the only one doing the damage and not failed to get the achievement for them. Don’t wait for the shots to connect or wait for damage numbers, don’t shoot at the closest. Shoot 3-4 shots then re target the next spot and repeat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nonusehki.7508 said:

Here I am, two hours later after googling the bug... Easily the most frustrating thing I've encountered in this game. I feel there's absolutely zero chance I will finish this achievement.

You can do it in group. I helped at least 5 players, and I've been helped as well. Post it in LFG, I'm sure someone will join, it doesn't take much time. But yes, I agree that it's a poor experience and should be fixed.

Edited by Urud.4925

2 hours ago, nonusehki.7508 said:

Here I am, two hours later after googling the bug... Easily the most frustrating thing I've encountered in this game. I feel there's absolutely zero chance I will finish this achievement.

Doing in a group would be faster. But if you're like me and don't want to group up, there is a cheese method that WILL get you the achievement but will also test your patience as it's very repetitive.