Returning player, need some advice!

Wojohowitz.2581

Started playing a guardian. I am currently level 26 and I have tried I think all weapon combinations but I keep going back to either sword and torch or just great sword. I am more geared toward playing pve and battlegrounds. I wanna mix of decent survivability and damage. And I have like 43 hero points I haven't spent because I can't make up my mind which way I should go. Just need some guidance here, Thanks!

Pick a spec and spend your points. You will have to completely unlock all of your trait lines before you can start on dragon Hunter or firebrand. Since you're still leveling and things die so fast, power builds would be a good choice. Don't worry about wasting points, there are more in the world than you need for everything.

I am leveling a human guardian right now (for when I don't wanna play sylvari), and I am running power with GS, sword/focus, or Scepter/focus when I need some range.

No problem man, I know how hard this game can be to grasp at first. Definitely check out the link. I usually look at the WvW builds for open world, and adjust it to fit the open world, usually gearing more toward DPS. Those builds are great starting spots for an open world build.

Welcome back!

My advice for leveling is put hero point in shouts for boons and use from specter weapons sword of justice. If you do not have access to mounts retreat shout is a must.

Sword/scepter/GS and torch are your dps weapons. So you should be all set there.

For lines I would go radiance first, then zeal. You can use valor line with mediation utilities if you run into survivability issue.

Good luck ?

I would actually go for virtues first and focus on burning and support. Radiance/valor might be the "correct" choice but imo virtues make you understand the profession and how it can played later on in the game, and its more fun compared to flat out stat bonuses.

Dont be one of those guardians that dont use your virtues for the team :-)

Archived