Legendary Armor - Equally obtainable across the board

@Friday.7864 said:

@Friday.7864 said:I would like to do WvW a few times a week for a couple of hours to get the
basic
lege armor but I'm being punished way too much for being a low rank...Would have to play WvW all week to finish Diamond while a high rank can prolly do it in a day or two. That's too much of a disparity.Sure, WvW is fun for a change of pace but even after hours of playing I didn't feel like I made any progress towards my goal. That's a bit too frustrating so except for gift of battle I gave up on the game mode.

I got the legendary wvw ring within a month - month a half the most and my level is at the low 200 level in wvw. So I only get + 1 added pip. You only need 3 days of wvw. 1 full day + 2 days of just going right before reset. However as much as people don’t say it. Always go for out numbered to get pips faster. Your talking 12 pips vs 6 pips. Which is much better. And if it is outnumbered don’t tell anyone. That way all you do is kill sentrys. Or little camps. If you die owell. Go for sentrys and repeat till outnumbered is gone. But don’t say you need a high level to get all you need to finish diamond in one day. That’s people with like lvl 1000-2000. Which you can get a legendary armor set way before that.

Outnumbered is something I can see only in the morning when I'm at work.In theory it sounds amazing, irl it's useless unless you're a kid on vacation.

I’ve seen it available at all hours of the day. You just need to continually be hopping maps and checking the buffs of others to see if it’s available.

This is not true, that buffs accessibility will vary with your server and population up-time

I’m on BG which is a T1 server and one people argue that is over stacked. If I have seen the buff available at any hour then surely it can be on other servers. It all depends on how many players are on a map from your server versus all of the others. I also want to clarify that I don’t mean that it will always be available 100% of the time. I was just disputing the claim that it was
only
available in the morning.

@Doctor.1384 said:The wvw and pvp versions should at least have unique skins, and I dont see how any player wouldnt want this.

No. The trade off for sPvP and WvW having legendary armor was that they would not have skins specific to the legendary armor itself. The ascended armor sets used as the precursors are unique enough.

Most people that don't raid would disagree. Since the skins are the same as the ascended precursors the item doesn't indicate the same prestige as its pve counterpart.

The prestige is that it let’s them change stats and eventually equip across all of their characters that can use it.

I can't even join some maps cuz they're full when I'm able to play and you're telling me there is surely an outnumbered buff somewhere...Guess all I can do is agree with a sarcastic

YES

Please read the entirety of my posts. I did not say that there would be a buff 100% of the time. The claim was that the buff would only be available in the morning which I disputed as I have been able to get the buff at all hours. This was over the course of several months when farming for a legendary armor set as well as the ring. I'm also on a T1 server that players have argued to be the most overstacked and yet I was able to find that buff.

Yes, and I keep telling you that the buff is, to working adults, a completely useless and UNRELIABLE way to boost pips, even if it does pop up for a few minutes in the evening here and there... It's a rare exception, not the norm, and I won't let anyone portray it as something else.

I've gotten that buff often in the late afternoons and evenings when I got home from work. All maps do not have the same population of players from each of the servers. A lot of the time there's usually one zerg that hops around and several havoc groups. Depending on how players shift around the four maps, anyone can get the outnumbered buff. It's not something available solely in the mornings. But you know what, go ahead and continue to believe that it's improbable to get the buff in times outside of the morning. It'll just make it that much more easier to get for others.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Friday.7864 said:I would like to do WvW a few times a week for a couple of hours to get the
basic
lege armor but I'm being punished way too much for being a low rank...Would have to play WvW all week to finish Diamond while a high rank can prolly do it in a day or two. That's too much of a disparity.Sure, WvW is fun for a change of pace but even after hours of playing I didn't feel like I made any progress towards my goal. That's a bit too frustrating so except for gift of battle I gave up on the game mode.

I got the legendary wvw ring within a month - month a half the most and my level is at the low 200 level in wvw. So I only get + 1 added pip. You only need 3 days of wvw. 1 full day + 2 days of just going right before reset. However as much as people don’t say it. Always go for out numbered to get pips faster. Your talking 12 pips vs 6 pips. Which is much better. And if it is outnumbered don’t tell anyone. That way all you do is kill sentrys. Or little camps. If you die owell. Go for sentrys and repeat till outnumbered is gone. But don’t say you need a high level to get all you need to finish diamond in one day. That’s people with like lvl 1000-2000. Which you can get a legendary armor set way before that.

Outnumbered is something I can see only in the morning when I'm at work.In theory it sounds amazing, irl it's useless unless you're a kid on vacation.

I’ve seen it available at all hours of the day. You just need to continually be hopping maps and checking the buffs of others to see if it’s available.

This is not true, that buffs accessibility will vary with your server and population up-time

I’m on BG which is a T1 server and one people argue that is over stacked. If I have seen the buff available at any hour then surely it can be on other servers. It all depends on how many players are on a map from your server versus all of the others. I also want to clarify that I don’t mean that it will always be available 100% of the time. I was just disputing the claim that it was
only

@Doctor.1384 said:The wvw and pvp versions should at least have unique skins, and I dont see how any player wouldnt want this.

No. The trade off for sPvP and WvW having legendary armor was that they would not have skins specific to the legendary armor itself. The ascended armor sets used as the precursors are unique enough.

Most people that don't raid would disagree. Since the skins are the same as the ascended precursors the item doesn't indicate the same prestige as its pve counterpart.

The prestige is that it let’s them change stats and eventually equip across all of their characters that can use it.

I can't even join some maps cuz they're full when I'm able to play and you're telling me there is surely an outnumbered buff somewhere...Guess all I can do is agree with a sarcastic

YES

Please read the entirety of my posts. I did not say that there would be a buff 100% of the time. The claim was that the buff would only be available in the morning which I disputed as I have been able to get the buff at all hours. This was over the course of several months when farming for a legendary armor set as well as the ring. I'm also on a T1 server that players have argued to be the most overstacked and yet I was able to find that buff.

Yes, and I keep telling you that the buff is, to working adults, a completely useless and UNRELIABLE way to boost pips, even if it does pop up for a few minutes in the evening here and there... It's a rare exception, not the norm, and I won't let anyone portray it as something else.

I've gotten that buff often in the late afternoons and evenings when I got home from work. All maps do not have the same population of players from each of the servers. A lot of the time there's usually one zerg that hops around and several havoc groups. Depending on how players shift around the four maps, anyone can get the outnumbered buff. It's not something available solely in the mornings. But you know what, go ahead and continue to believe that it's improbable to get the buff in times outside of the morning. It'll just make it that much more easier to get for others.

It's not belief, it's facts from when I was playing WvW to finish some reward tracks.I did several of those and NEVER have I see the buff pop up for long enough for it to MATTER.People tell their friends/guilds about it and in the next 5 minutes it's gone.

@Friday.7864 said:It's not belief, it's facts from when I was playing WvW to finish some reward tracks.I did several of those and NEVER have I see the buff pop up for long enough for it to MATTER.People tell their friends/guilds about it and in the next 5 minutes it's gone.It very much depend on what server you play on. On T1 ones, you see them only very rarely, usually in the middle of the night (when you're least likely to play). Ironically, on the very bottom of the tier list they aren't as common as you might think either - after all, to be outnumbered, the other side needs to have players, and on the bottom tiers they are as likely to be completely empty as your server is. The best chance thus would be somewhere in the middle tiers, preferably outside of the peak hours.

@Friday.7864 said:

basic

only

YES

It's not belief, it's facts from when I was playing WvW to finish some reward tracks.I did several of those and NEVER have I see the buff pop up for long enough for it to MATTER.People tell their friends/guilds about it and in the next 5 minutes it's gone.

It’s the timing when you get on. For example Friday you will never get it since it’s reset. Most likely to get out numbered is let’s say Tuesday morning. Or Thursday before reset. Since Tuesday is sometimes content days most players will be doing that leaving servers open. And Thursday’s are empty because it’s the last day to get your pips and most likely people already have gotten them. Ether that or stay on the map when the other team is zerging and capping your map. To say that is “fact” is not really a true thing since it’s possible on my end and others. If you wanted to put facts then I would like statistics please.

@blambidy.3216 said:

basic

only

YES

It’s the timing when you get on. For example Friday you will never get it since it’s reset. Most likely to get out numbered is let’s say Tuesday morning. Or Thursday before reset. Since Tuesday is sometimes content days most players will be doing that leaving servers open. And Thursday’s are empty because it’s the last day to get your pips and most likely people already have gotten them. Ether that or stay on the map when the other team is zerging and capping your map. To say that is “fact” is not really a true thing since it’s possible on my end and others. If you wanted to put facts then I would like statistics please.

Likewise, show some statistics, people are selling me the story of the outnumbered buff as if it's something I can regularly rely on to get extra pips in the evening when some maps are often full to begin with.I'm not arguing the fact that it can pop up for a short while - I just can't stand people sugarcoating the buff.It's not something that can be counted or relied upon when it comes to farming pips - it feels like I was told to rely on rare drops to farm gold - it's light years away from reality.

@Friday.7864 said:

basic

only

YES

Likewise, show some statistics, people are selling me the story of the outnumbered buff as if it's something I can regularly rely on to get extra pips in the evening when some maps are often full to begin with.I'm not arguing the fact that it can pop up for a short while - I just can't stand people sugarcoating the buff.It's not something that can be counted or relied upon when it comes to farming pips - it feels like I was told to rely on rare drops to farm gold - it's light years away from reality.

I agree with you. I truly don’t know the actual amount and it isn’t everyday. But it’s def not on reset day. And longest I get it is maybe couple hours on my server. But it’s rare. Hours to avoid to get it are reset since that’s when everyone is on. And wkened mornings. I guess it also depends on how active the servers against you are. Cause the more people that go against you make it that your outnumbered. How much people? Idk. Usually when a tag on their server is when it’s there. So when your getting your butt kicked and your alone is most likely when it’s there.