POF Mobs and damage/density

Joxer.6024

@fellyn.5083 said:I don't mind how difficult mobs are in PoF. What I do mind is that their aggro range seems to be about half the map in distance.

they cant though because of mounts riding them be to easy PoF content is based around the mounts. I do think they could adjust the reinforce range on the other hand my solution is posted above. look for it read it see what ya think. (5 replies up from here)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an example... I was trying to navigate through Desolation the other day, riding through a Forged camp, had to change mounts from raptor to springer and got put in combat before I could make the switch. I fight a few Forged that aggroed on me, and as I do, another aggros, and when I start fighting him, another aggros, and so on. I had half that camp cleared minutes later before I could resume my travels. These adds were well beyond "normal" aggro range. I've had many similar experiences while traveling through PoF. Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous when you're just trying to get somewhere. At least in HoT, we could glide while in combat.

@Nikal.4921 said:As an example... I was trying to navigate through Desolation the other day, riding through a Forged camp, had to change mounts from raptor to springer and got put in combat before I could make the switch. I fight a few Forged that aggroed on me, and as I do, another aggros, and when I start fighting him, another aggros, and so on. I had half that camp cleared minutes later before I could resume my travels. These adds were well beyond "normal" aggro range. I've had many similar experiences while traveling through PoF. Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous when you're just trying to get somewhere. At least in HoT, we could glide while in combat.

I had a similar experience with a commune hero point. Just trying to get literally 5 seconds to myself bordered on impossible, especially because when the ranged units aggro, they don't move and they don't cluster. At 1200+ range, they're significantly far away from each other, and there aren't always opportunities to line-of-sight them to force them to reposition. I had to splat a lot of Forged and almost got respawned on before I finally got that commune done.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Nikal.4921 said:As an example... I was trying to navigate through Desolation the other day, riding through a Forged camp, had to change mounts from raptor to springer and got put in combat before I could make the switch. I fight a few Forged that aggroed on me, and as I do, another aggros, and when I start fighting him, another aggros, and so on. I had half that camp cleared minutes later before I could resume my travels. These adds were well beyond "normal" aggro range. I've had many similar experiences while traveling through PoF. Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous when you're just trying to get somewhere. At least in HoT, we could glide while in combat.

I had a similar experience with a commune hero point. Just trying to get
literally 5 seconds
to myself bordered on impossible, especially because when the ranged units aggro, they don't move and they don't cluster. At 1200+ range, they're significantly far away from each other, and there aren't always opportunities to line-of-sight them to force them to reposition. I had to splat a lot of Forged and almost got respawned on before I finally got that commune done.

These 2 experiences mirror the point I am trying to make with this post and good to see I am not alone in my feelings or observations. Take note, none of us say we want it "easier", just spread out or more so that aggro mechanic looked at, that's all. But great discussion all, I had not expected this topic to take off like this! ;)

Archived