POF Mobs and damage/density

Joxer.6024

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Snowywonders.1378 said:The number of similar complaints like these are getting countless. It's sad, people want content where you can defeat anything by pressing 1 and not having to use any utility. The mob density complaint is even worse, people won't be satisfied until they can walk across the map and only encounter at most three mobs of 2 hyenas each.

No, don't get me wrong...I don't want it easier....just not so many. I can kill them, Vets included just fine but then a Hydra comes running from 2 maps over cuz he smelled something. I would hate a cake walk where you just press 1 and walk thru, but as others have commented as well (I am not alone on that part) there seems to be a tad bit more of the suckers around. It could simply be the new map, its a desert mostly so things "appear" that way, but given the comments I reckon it could be a bit of both. But yea, I don't want them to "dumb it down", so to speak, just even the odds a tad maybe? And actually if resources are to be spent I would rather they do with class balance and the like. ;)

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Mina Ion.7852 said:True, but also remember that you have mounts in PoF which you didn't in HoT. And both raptor and jackal allow you to run right past mobs without too much difficulty.You say that, but forged in particular will kill your mount from under you 99% of the time when you pass them.

More like 1% of the time if you have Jackal mastery 4 and use your mount's movement abilities correctly. Raptor jumps through practically anything because of the evasion, and skimmer can evade so often, long and easily, it's bordering on the ridiculous. Griffon is bad against ranged attacks if you're flying too low, and springer isn't great against anything, but who uses that to cover distance?

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Joxer.6024 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Git gud? .

lol, theres always one. Umm, learn to spell? But yea, I get your point.

Well, you know me. I love to put on the "that guy" face and "that guy" all over the place.

On a serious note, I've found for the most part that serious dose of self improvement solves most of my problems. If I can't do something, work at it for a bit and then I can do it. For example, the elite elimination achievement didn't have a comprehensive guide on how to do it. So, I hunkered down, broke it down into a science, and then powered through.

Yup, that's exactly what I did.... (and I got gud!)And to the others, as TEKnowledgy.1760 mentioned, this post is based more on frustration rather than a "You better change it or I quit" kind of thing. I really don't think ANET gives 2 choya but sometimes its nice just to see how the community feels on something.

@Rennie.6750 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:I myself have been put into situations that I couldn't find safe spot or simply turn away from screen for a while just to be attacked and die. Aggroing too many groups at once happened to me aswell. However I think it's good, it actually requires you to focus on game, even when roaming around. It's pretty good training also.

IMO the main issue is the crazy aggro range though, not the density.

YES!! I think that's the word I should have used instead of density!

Imo if the PoF mobs are easy or hard depends on the class i play. As a necro i melt trough every mob/pack no matter how much respawn or join the party. On the other hand if i playing my Chrono i have a lot of hard times. One or two packs i can handle but often when i survive this i'm neraly complete on cd also have no dodges left. If then come on or two more mobs i die. Running away the most time dosen't work, just run rigth into an other pack. For me the mobs in PoF feels a little bit strange. I survived the jungle without any problems as mesmer/guard but in PoF i died a lot by getting swarmed by trash. The most deads by trash begins with adding more and more mobs on a figth. Worst case for me is standing in a group and hearing the sound of hydras or meteors or a vets djin and knowing, okay that's an other dead incomming.

@SunTzu.4513 said:Imo if the PoF mobs are easy or hard depends on the class i play. As a necro i melt trough every mob/pack no matter how much respawn or join the party. On the other hand if i playing my Chrono i have a lot of hard times. One or two packs i can handle but often when i survive this i'm neraly complete on cd also have no dodges left. If then come on or two more mobs i die. Running away the most time dosen't work, just run rigth into an other pack. For me the mobs in PoF feels a little bit strange. I survived the jungle without any problems as mesmer/guard but in PoF i died a lot by getting swarmed by trash. The most deads by trash begins with adding more and more mobs on a figth. Worst case for me is standing in a group and hearing the sound of hydras or meteors or a vets djin and knowing, okay that's an other dead incomming.

See?? Its not just me or me sucking or any of the above. It just is, and as many have said its just going to be learning curve, that's all. And again, this post isn't really a complaint so to this "Damage and density are just fine. Is someone paying people to complain about this?", no, I am not getting paid and its fun sometimes to see how others feel. I could have made a poll but its so much more fun to start with "OMG ANET PLEASE..........", so yea, all good.I honestly didn't think it would generate 2 pages worth of discussions either so something is there. ;)

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:Some of the Branded definitely need to be looked at. I've seen some random Branded Humans sneak up on players and burn them from full health to downed from 1500 range on a long channeled skill (so you can't even dodge the whole thing) that fires a stream of purple balloons into them.

Can you not just interrupt them?

Not all builds have interrupts, your build may don't mean the next guy does. Not everyone uses the same build. I guarantee i don't use a single build setup in a guide placed on the internet by some random player. If by chance i do its by coincidence, because i don't use build guides goes against my very essence of who i am as a gamer.Nothing wrong with build guides it's just personal preference for use.

What would be better advice would be to say always keep an eye out. Truthfully, he'll learn to or will just continue to struggle with these sneaky enemies.

Well, if you like to craft your own builds, do you not think it advantageous to have an interrupt? Interrupts are easy against PvE mobs. If the mob in question has a channeled skill that you cannot dodge entirely, which will down you from full health, an interrupt is obviously the best option. Awareness will only allow you to dodge some of the damage, whereas an interrupt will allow you to negate 100% of it.

Well you never replied to the fact i state how you know he dont already have interrupt and if said skill is on cool down? Unless you guys using some sorta cool down hack then this mob still going to give him problems under that circumstance refer to my reply to other guy. "Coulter.2315"This is why awareness and preparation is so important before you just jump head first into battle this is exactly what i also said in my 1st reply to OP.

Ya'll are thinking on paper, not in a typical battle. He can kite enemies move out side of either firing or melee range I strafe alot in battle and sometimes circle my enemy to keep other enemies from hitting me in melee and some ranged enemies can't hit you even in PoF even with melee chars also to prevent agro from happening anyways.i never stand still unless there is no disadvantage from me doing so, but at same time im also aware of what enemies are around me. Personally, i prefer knock back skills over interrupts when i fight basic enemies and vets that way i can get w/e im fighting in a better position where i wont aggro other mobs.Unfortunately, not all classes have knock backs.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:This is why awareness and preparation is so important.

yup!! you need awareness to be "aware" of when to use that interrupt, or dodge, or jump, or run, or die, and then scream at your PC!!! lol, and guys, don't have a go at each other over some post an old dude who still clicks (a bit) made cuz he was sucking so bad at the moment....its all good.

@Joxer.6024 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:This is why awareness and preparation is so important.

yup!! you need awareness to be "aware" of when to use that interrupt, or dodge, or jump, or run, or die, and then scream at your PC!!! lol, and guys, don't have a go at each other over some post an old dude who still clicks (a bit) made cuz he was sucking so bad at the moment....its all good.

Aye I enjoy it lmao just look around you'll see I enjoy a good argument I like to see if people can back up statements with facts and truth or just made up crap as they go lol. I get it from my mother i guess. Gets me through the night when I'm not in game.Eventually i get bored of people I'll find another that wants to throw down. I just keep it constructive and respectful sometimes some where i mess up with wording and I'll get called out on it. Even masters mess up.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:Some of the Branded definitely need to be looked at. I've seen some random Branded Humans sneak up on players and burn them from full health to downed from 1500 range on a long channeled skill (so you can't even dodge the whole thing) that fires a stream of purple balloons into them.

Not all builds have interrupts, your build may don't mean the next guy does. Not everyone uses the same build. I guarantee i don't use a single build setup in a guide placed on the internet by some random player. If by chance i do its by coincidence, because i don't use build guides goes against my very essence of who i am as a gamer.Nothing wrong with build guides it's just personal preference for use.

What would be better advice would be to say always keep an eye out. Truthfully, he'll learn to or will just continue to struggle with these sneaky enemies.

Well, if you like to craft your own builds, do you not think it advantageous to have an interrupt? Interrupts are easy against PvE mobs. If the mob in question has a channeled skill that you cannot dodge entirely, which will down you from full health, an interrupt is obviously the best option. Awareness will only allow you to dodge some of the damage, whereas an interrupt will allow you to negate 100% of it.

Well you never replied to the fact i state how you know he dont already have interrupt and if said skill is on cool down? Unless you guys using some sorta cool down hack then this mob still going to give him problems under that circumstance refer to my reply to other guy. "Coulter.2315"This is why awareness and preparation is so important before you just jump head first into battle this is exactly what i also said in my 1st reply to OP.

Ya'll are thinking on paper, not in a typical battle. He can kite enemies move out side of either firing or melee range I strafe alot in battle and sometimes circle my enemy to keep other enemies from hitting me in melee and some ranged enemies can't hit you even in PoF even with melee chars also to prevent agro from happening anyways.i never stand still unless there is no disadvantage from me doing so, but at same time im also aware of what enemies are around me. Personally, i prefer knock back skills over interrupts when i fight basic enemies and vets that way i can get w/e im fighting in a better position where i wont aggro other mobs.Unfortunately, not all classes have knock backs.

If my CC was on CD then I'd swap to my defensive set and block the channel, saving the dodge. Unless ofc you are using x/P thief in which case you can interrupt all day long.

I'm not thinking on paper, I'm thinking out of experience.I class all hard CC (push/pull/kd/kb/daze/stun etc) as an interrupt, since it interrupts the mobs action. Every class has access to these.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

If my CC was on CD then I'd swap to my defensive set and block the channel, saving the dodge. Unless ofc you are using x/P thief in which case you can interrupt all day long.

I'm not thinking on paper, I'm thinking out of experience.I class all hard CC (push/pull/kd/kb/daze/stun etc) as an interrupt, since it interrupts the mobs action. Every class has access to these.

You maybe speaking of experience but still arnt creating a solid solution for that guy in the long term you suggest interrupt nothing wrong with that but if its on cool down for him has no back up he still dies. All i'm doing is offering him more alternatives to escape this mob without killing him I to am speaking from experience I have been soloing content in this game for around 5 years. HoT i struggled first day i got it (i hadn't played in awhile either so i was rusty anyways) so far PoF was the the same. Now notta (i started last tuesday PoF side) i'm doing fine, all i did was observe my enemies. i haven't changed none of my builds since HoT from 10 months ago. Doing just fine I've died maybe twice since I entered PoF once when a baddy wanted eat my mount 2nd when I got arrogant on 1st day.

Whats that saying if you not failing you not trying hard enough? Death is a good thing for the guy that posted bout sneaky mob he'll eventually learn how to fight it. he'll learn how best to fight it on his own terms and build we all play differently no rules saying one must do something like another I dont suggest build setups because of reasons i stated before, i suggest other ways. You suggest build setups we cover more ground that way hows that sound peachy i hope?

I don't do this often but I will this time because it's due and just, I apologize for saying your advice was bad from the start not saying i fully agree with it for long term solution. What I'm saying I'm in the wrong on saying mine would be any better because even with the advice I gave takes years to master awareness some people cant handle the complexities of it. While i maybe some one can just sit back an observe an enemy for any amount of time be it 30 sec to minutes not everyone has those patients or maybe even time.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

You maybe speaking of experience but still arnt creating a solid solution for that guy in the long term you suggest interrupt nothing wrong with that but if its on cool down for him has no back up he still dies. All i'm doing is offering him more alternatives to escape this mob without killing him I to am speaking from experience I have been soloing content in this game for around 5 years. HoT i struggled first day i got it (i hadn't played in awhile either so i was rusty anyways) so far PoF was the the same. Now notta (i started last tuesday PoF side) i'm doing fine, all i did was observe my enemies. i haven't changed none of my builds since HoT from 10 months ago. Doing just fine I've died maybe twice since I entered PoF once when a baddy wanted eat my mount 2nd when I got arrogant on 1st day.

Whats that saying if you not failing you not trying hard enough? Death is a good thing for the guy that posted bout sneaky mob he'll eventually learn how to fight it. he'll learn how best to fight it on his own terms and build we all play differently no rules saying one must do something like another I dont suggest build setups because of reasons i stated before, i suggest other ways. You suggest build setups we cover more ground that way hows that sound peachy i hope?

I don't do this often but I will this time because it's due and just, I apologize for saying your advice was bad from the start not saying i fully agree with it for long term solution. What I'm saying I'm in the wrong on saying mine would be any better because even with the advice I gave takes years to master awareness some people cant handle the complexities of it. While i maybe some one can just sit back an observe an enemy for any amount of time be it 30 sec to minutes not everyone has those patients or maybe even time.

Just two different angles of view mate, I'm suggesting ways to make a build versatile and effective whereas you are suggesting playstyles that do the same.

I'm happy to suggest builds, but I'd need to know profession and whether power/condi.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

Just two different angles of view mate, I'm suggesting ways to make a build versatile and effective whereas you are suggesting playstyles that do the same.

I'm happy to suggest builds, but I'd need to know profession and whether power/condi.

Yea i was gonna point that out within argument, that neither of us knows his class he could be on on engi using turrets for all we know lol ( i hope not in PoF) Maybe expecting his turret to pick off this sneaker thats always a mistake. Turrets alone idk i used turrets for nearly 3 years i dont now just better solutions in my opinion.

Mine not really play style i dont see it that way it's a strategy more the less, because i use it to over come say a meleer trying hit me i circle my target till its dead then switch to the meleer trying take me out (this based on ranger) unless this melee mob is more a threat then target i'm fighting. I think we all solo things differently I've seen good ideas and bad ideas in my time in gw2 both my end and others.

Anyways i dont apologize alot unless i truly mean it and or feel i was in the wrong else a apology would have no meaning correct?So glad to see that you accepted it. Anyways think i try for another hr PoF then sleep take care and have a good night/day where ever you be in the world.

Just imagine how good that guy would do if he puts both our advices together hehe.

@Zaraki.5784 said:Lol, complaing about PoF mobs is really funny xDDid you forget HoT mobs?PoF mobs (save hydra, maybe, and djinns) are really, REALLY easy.

Lol...see what you did there? You admitted that there are SOME that really suck, so my "complaining" is not unwarranted. Unwanted maybe, but meh, such is life. Got you all talking about something other than dps meters for a change!!! Oh no I didn't............. ;)

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Mina Ion.7852 said:True, but also remember that you have mounts in PoF which you didn't in HoT. And both raptor and jackal allow you to run right past mobs without too much difficulty.You say that, but forged in particular will kill your mount from under you 99% of the time when you pass them.

Honestly, I rarely have a problem. But it depends on the mount. For example, trying to bypass mobs with skimmer or springer isn't terribly smart. But jackal makes it tooo easy.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:It's all an illusion that the aggro range is greater in PoF than HoT, I highly doubt they can set aggro range by region, perhaps they can do it by mob type but I really haven't noticed any difference. Also, it's supposed to be more difficult to traverse the desert, remember, HoT and PoF are both higher end locations, by now you should have learned the mechanics of the game and know to be aware of your surroundings. They're also possibly trying to get people to pay attention and not switch between the game and watching YouTube, NetFlix, etc.,. etc.,...which I've seen so many comment on doing, can't really do that in PoF without making sure you're in an outpost or some out of the way location you can only reach with one of the mounts. Having said that I had a Vet Fire Hydra literally come after me up on the side of the canyon underneath the Temple of Kormir, it was actually quite funny.

I don't think it's an illusion. What I see happening is that new mobs (forged, sand sharks, sand eels, new versions of branded etc. do aggro from a bit further away than a lot of mobs in core and some in HoT. It isn't a huge amount, except Hydras seem to have an aggro range somewhat like that on Risen Acolytes in Orr. Mobs that exist in other maps (wild boars for instance) seem to have the same range as I see from them in core.

Another thing I've seen is that mobs that are not paying attention at a given range will close and attack once you get into into combat with something else. I don't know whether ANet made the aggro range bigger for combat or whether they've designed pathing scripts to have mobs move in such a way their normal aggro range will detect someone who may be fighting another mob, or just standing there. I know back in GW they would path a second group of mobs where a careless party might choose to fight another group.

I agree I don't see an illusion i've been playing gw2 for 5 years think I would know the difference. Even HoT mobs don't have such a long range aggro. Though I do understand why they have it and mainly because of mounts. Because we move so quickly its to compensate for that. To make it little more challenging and harder to ride mounts without it being to easy. Makes sense if we was riding around in PoF with tyria basic agro ranged mobs that be a huge advantage for us here in PoF ya know? Be to easy, wouldn't put us in turmoil or any reason for us to ever have to fight our way out of hell so to speak when said mob thrashes our mounts.I don't see it as a problem, I'm just aware of it. We'll adapt, we'll get used to it and eventually wont be a big deal.

for the 2nd thing about mobs coming in for back up, actually all of tyria is like this its just that longer range aggro is playing into effect Go to orr and start fighting a mob near but not within normal aggros range but in range of the said enemy you fight it will reinforce the one you are currently fighting. This is not anything new it's just multiplying that reinforce range in PoF thats naturally there in core or HoT.

I wanted to touch up on this 2nd thing I was thinking on it last night just to tired to bother to add it or go into it.

There would be an easy solution here, if both the coding of normal aggro and reinforce aggro was separate variables from each other. Anet might have left said reinforce aggro as is to see how we adapted and or felt about it, maybe like a test. They do stuff like this all the time. Reason PoF was toned back a bit say from HoT to PoF in difficulty as there was more people against HoT difficulty than those for it. Anet always has gone with the majority. (After all the majority bought the game just like the minority) They always have they always will get used to it. They try to make everyone happy in a considerate way. It isn't perfect to us, because some of us like it hard some of us like it easy.That is why mobs here are little less harder but have bigger health pools trying keep us all happy. But I digress...

Let me get back on solution for reinforcement aggros. What they could do here without really making mount riding to easy and on foot combat more friendly to those that aren't down for all this long range reinforcement aggro. Is just take that reinforce aggro cut it back to hot or even core ranges, but leave normal aggro range as is. Personally. i don't see a problem either way I don't mind which is used. But I'm not every tom bob and harry playing this game. With this setup the more hardcore battle loving people could still manually aggro more mobs theres plenty around to aggro, and those that feel it's to difficult taking on more than 1 enemy wouldn't have to stress or complain so much. It's a solid solution and would keep all happy and still keep riding mounts fun without being to easy. maybe anet will consider it. They probably will even without me saying a word.

I think the gw2 community as a whole is missing some basic human elements like compassion and empathy also understanding of the fact none of us play the same we all are different in this game. i don't blame the people themselves the entire world is becoming this way the environment around us in our personal lives have started losing those elements. its up to you if you want it to change who you are as a person. I don't let the world change me, I prefer to change the world.

@Joxer.6024 said:

@Snowywonders.1378 said:The number of similar complaints like these are getting countless. It's sad, people want content where you can defeat anything by pressing 1 and not having to use any utility. The mob density complaint is even worse, people won't be satisfied until they can walk across the map and only encounter at most three mobs of 2 hyenas each.

No, don't get me wrong...I don't want it easier....just not so many. I can kill them, Vets included just fine but then a Hydra comes running from 2 maps over cuz he smelled something. I would hate a cake walk where you just press 1 and walk thru, but as others have commented as well (I am not alone on that part) there seems to be a tad bit more of the suckers around. It could simply be the new map, its a desert mostly so things "appear" that way, but given the comments I reckon it could be a bit of both. But yea, I don't want them to "kitten it down", so to speak, just even the odds a tad maybe? And actually if resources are to be spent I would rather they do with class balance and the like. ;)

You know what, that's fair. My response was just rude because I REALLY like guildwars2. And I don't like how the only challenging content in it involves groups (fractals/raids) I want challenge in the open world but, not to brag, I don't think it will ever reach a level satisfying for me personally because I am already way above the average gw2 skill level (I have exalted legend and merciless legend from pvp league, and I constantly win duels in WvW, again, not to brag, not that it even means anything).

If it was up to me, I would add more mobs and make them even more dangerous, but I just have to accept that the core GW audience does not want that and it's okay. Like others have suggested, I could put on white rarity gear for more challenge but that destroys the purpose of my ascended armor and legendaries.

@Snowywonders.1378 said:

@Joxer.6024 said:

No, don't get me wrong...I don't want it easier....just not so many. I can kill them, Vets included just fine but then a Hydra comes running from 2 maps over cuz he smelled something. I would hate a cake walk where you just press 1 and walk thru, but as others have commented as well (I am not alone on that part) there seems to be a tad bit more of the suckers around. It could simply be the new map, its a desert mostly so things "appear" that way, but given the comments I reckon it could be a bit of both. But yea, I don't want them to "kitten it down", so to speak, just even the odds a tad maybe? And actually if resources are to be spent I would rather they do with class balance and the like. ;)

You know what, that's fair. My response was just rude because I REALLY like guildwars2. And I don't like how the only challenging content in it involves groups (fractals/raids) I want challenge in the open world but, not to brag, I don't think it will ever reach a level satisfying for me personally because I am already way above the average gw2 skill level (I have exalted legend and merciless legend from pvp league, and I constantly win duels in WvW, again, not to brag, not that it even means anything).

If it was up to me, I would add more mobs and make them even more dangerous, but I just have to accept that the core GW audience does not want that and it's okay. Like others have suggested, I could put on white rarity gear for more challenge but that destroys the purpose of my ascended armor and legendaries.

Right I think us older players that have been here atleast 2 years+ have above avg skill (lets say knowledge). We require hard stuff, just because of what we know about the game as a whole. I think sometimes we dont consider new players enough, some people in game and forums have only been here for just couple of months. We can't expect them to understand the game as a whole like we do, just because they don't have the knowledge we gained in our progression of the game as a whole.

See what I'm saying?

Instead of us older players rebuking these new players or those less fortunate on adaptation or those less knowledgeable we need to start helping them by offering advice. Rebuking them is hurting us more than even complaints or opinion based on frustration is. Hurts all of us, me, you, them and the community as a whole.If we me you and anyone else that loves gw2 and has been here for 2 years+ and wants to see less complaining then we need to step up to the plate and help people get on our level, by sharing the knowledge we have. If you are as good as you feel you are, helping another with the game related stuff should be easier than rebuking them correct?

Now I'm not innocent in this I've rebuked to in the past, but I eventually realized the reality for what it is. Have been changing my ways. because community as a whole is starting to become toxic. That is bad, if it fully consumes gw2 community game will die from the inside out like lung cancer to the human body.

Archived