[Suggestion] Book of Places (Waypoint Bookmarking)

Gibson.4036

If this kind of functionality already exists in some form, please let me know!

After recently buying a bunch of portal scrolls and books to put them in, I'd like to suggest an item that will let us bookmark, so to speak, commonly used waypoints. The item would take up an inventory slot, and have maybe 10 to 20 slots where we could enter the code for a waypoint, and then give it our own customized name. This would allow us to click on the book, like we do with portal books or spearmarshall's plea, and get a dialogue in which we can select any of the saved waypoints to travel to it. Waypoint cost would still be deducted from our wallet.

Ideally, we would be able to buy several of these books, each with a distinctively different color, so we can easily recognize them from each other in inventory, and able to be given custom names.

So I could have a red book that I name "Farming Spots" that I've filled with the waypoints to get to my favorite nodes, a yellow book I've named "RP" with waypoints near the taverns of tyria, and a blue book I labeled "Events" that I could fill with waypoints to get to recurring events I like to join.

the easiest way they can do something like this is:

open your world map → right click a waypoint you like → click set as favouritethen it would get added to a new, "Favourite Waypoints" section on the upper right or lower left corners (or whichever location is best) of your world map, have it limited to 5 waypoints so it wont clutter or give it a collapsible tree menu so you can hide/unhide waypoints beyond 5 listed