Can we have a direct player to player trading feature in Cantha expansion

Terter.4125

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:it works for the original GW and unless you have a stroke while trading scams are almost impossible, so i really see no reason why not.

Yet it happend all the time and CS was flooded with support requests.

I personally had it once (and yes I was an idiot). I traded for the item Nicholas the Traveler wanted and the icon was the same of another item. I did not read carefully and accepted the trade. I am very happy that support took actions but even more pleased that GW2 offers more protection let alone stopped the spam. It definitely didn't work in GW1 and it was a pain to trade.

actually it does work, the problem is simply the identical item icons GW1 suffers from, AFAIK GW2 doesn't have that problem.

First, the fact that similar icons made scamming easier does not in reverse mean that there is no scamming at all, even with differing icons. It only means less players might be affected.

Second:

You were saying about same icons?

Interesting example. However, the rare Ascalonian coin is soulbound on acquire, so it wouldn't be trade-able.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:it works for the original GW and unless you have a stroke while trading scams are almost impossible, so i really see no reason why not.

Yet it happend all the time and CS was flooded with support requests.

I personally had it once (and yes I was an idiot). I traded for the item Nicholas the Traveler wanted and the icon was the same of another item. I did not read carefully and accepted the trade. I am very happy that support took actions but even more pleased that GW2 offers more protection let alone stopped the spam. It definitely didn't work in GW1 and it was a pain to trade.

actually it does work, the problem is simply the identical item icons GW1 suffers from, AFAIK GW2 doesn't have that problem.

First, the fact that similar icons made scamming easier does not in reverse mean that there is no scamming at all, even with differing icons. It only means less players might be affected.

Second:

You were saying about same icons?

Interesting example. However, the rare Ascalonian coin is soulbound on acquire, so it wouldn't be trade-able.

True, but that was not the claim. The claim was that there are no reused images in GW2, which given how even the current most used "currency" for traders has a spitting image copy item, even if that is soul bound, is false.

As is the argument that this is a non issue even IF the claim that there are no reused images were to hold up. The replacing of items with similar image was the most common and easiest way to scam others, it was not the only one. Another common and often used one was trade of high volume items with initial trading as planned, then as the second party got more complacent and less attentive, introducing other than agreed items. Also similar images are not needed to scam. One could just as well use say an old image which got updated without other players noticing. Images get updated occasionally. The list goes on from there.

Here is what it comes down to:

• if you want to trade, there are trading platforms which are tolerated by Arenanet. Do so at your own risk but it is possible
  • players who want in-game p2p trading are basically asking for developer supervised and secured trading while openly, at least in this thread, ignoring all player related issues this might cause. It's like asking to be allowed to scam AND demanding the developer secure one at the same time. That is not going to fly