Add sirens in Cantha and hire this girl to voice them

Terter.4125

Just saw a youtuber singing, pretending to be a siren. I think it will be a cool add to the game . Maybe add a neutral siren that sings on some rock close to some Canthan coast like an easter egg or make a world boss or meta of a siren that can be heard all over the map until it is killed. It will add a huge flavour to the game. Here's the vid of her. Hire her ArenaNet! ->

They could actually add siren-related stuff into a future Icebrood Saga episode if we had a mesmeric icebrood dragon champion like the Dragonspawn singing a hypnotic lullaby or some such to take over the minds of attacking Pact soldiers. We already had references to Jormag's hypnotic whispers in the Jora's Keep ambient dialogue, which even referenced a lullaby:

Vigil Relief Crew (1): My sire died a long time ago... but I swear I could hear his voice in the pass.
Vigil Relief Crew (2): I heard someone singing. A lullaby from when I was little. Exactly how I remembered it. (Source)

With that said, sirens have existed on Tyria lorewise except the sirens were actually Orrian bard-sorcerers who the S3Ep6 musical mastery, the Siren of Orr, is named after as they sang dirges in honor of the Six Gods. In fact, what is currently known as the Sea of Sorrows (between Orr and Lion's Arch) was once called the Bay of Sirens, likely named after these lovely musical wizards. There is also the mesmer underwater trident attack called Siren's Call, but that seems to be unrelated to the Sirens of Orr.

If the developers wanted to go with the more Greek-inspired sirens, however, they could draw inspiration from the old Greek texts where sirens were believed to look like a combination of women and birds in various different forms. In early Greek art, they were represented as birds with large women's heads, bird feathers and scaly feet (a more modern depiction of this look shown here in the famous 1891 painting). Guess who kind of fit the description of the classic sirens on Tyria? That's right: the lovely harpies (who are admittedly based on harpies, humanoid avians from Greek mythology unrelated to sirens). The devs could combine Greek harpy and siren lore and have some Tyrian harpy clans actually sing to entangle and enthrall their prey.

If we ever get any naval content for sea travel in End of Dragons or beyond, I'd love to experience an event of us sailing past some islands or reefs (like the beautiful island depicted in Siren's Reef fractal) only to see the crew of our ship be hypnotized by strange singing coming from one of the islands, prompting us to investigate its rocky and tropical terrain. We could then discover the source of this siren song being a particularly powerful harpy matriarch (perhaps they could even name her Circe to honor the tempting sorceress from the Odyssey?), and we'd end up fighting against her to liberate the crew before they're doomed to be transformed into pigs (like Circe did to Odysseus's crew) or worse. For added fun for Greek mythology fans, this "Circe" could even employ some enthralled one-eyed Tyrian giants as her bodyguards, thus drawing in parallels from Odysseus's encounter with the terrifying cyclops and the clever way Odysseus tricked these cyclops to flee from the cursed island. :)