Which Guardian build is viable now in 3v3

haenz.9578

• 2 weeks later...

Playing currently both (burn) condi FB and DH. The FB has more utility/support and cc but way less damage, so results are mixed in public games. The DH is a beast, oftenly dealing from 400k to 900k damage while tanking enemy necros at control points. But I can only speak about gold tiers...

I've been playing a higher DPS variant of the core radiant GS build. It's fun, but as others have noted probably not as effective as other classes at the moment.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEt3lVwoYfMQ2IOyL/HVA-zZIPkMVBlKB6VI44B

Some notes:

• The zeal trait line really helps you pump out more damage compared to virtues. Wrathful spirit (retaliation when you lose aegis), increase symbol damage, Zealous blade (greatsword cooldown reduction and bonus power), and symbolic avenger all synergize perfectly with this build. These traits, along with signet of judgment, more than make up for loss of retaliation on virtues.
  • Using signet of judgment in place of smite is actually quite versatile. It gives you on demand retaliation if you are initiating with a burst (the burst combo is focus 5 > switch weapons, wait a few seconds > greatsword 2 + judge's intervention + signet of judgment + virtue of justice 1). Alternatively, if you are on defense, it gives you a bit more effective HP with its passive to help keep alive. With contemplation of purity and judge's intervention, this gives you three stun-breaks. Additionally, you can still clear conditions reasonably well with smite on heal, virtue 2, contemplation of purity, renewed focus, and condition loss on weapon-swap sigil.
  • Great retaliation up-time with signet of judgment, wrathful spirit, healer's retribution, light aura from virtue 1, greatsword symbol 4, and greatsword leap 3 out of any light symbol.
  • Using a scepter rather than a sword is a personal preference. With such low HP, I find it useful for kiting or damaging from off-point when you are low HP.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking strictly Solo Queue Ranked.. I'm currently Plat top 50, but to be fair Guardian in solo is really a low Tier1 Plat kind of class at the moment. Right now Trap Burn DH feels a lot stronger than any Core build. A lot of it has to do with DH ability to remove itself from combat with Wings F2 and Trap's stealth. The same goes for Trap DH power variants. I use burn because I never liked Power DH... like, at all lol. That and burn burst builds have the potential to carry soloQ a lot easier than Power builds.The build I currently use: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABs2x7lNwaYOsO2IeMXbtMA-zZx8MSQFkpUQhDA

You really need to be at the right place and at the right time with this build because it doesn't have a whole lot of stability or stunbreakers... so if you know a burst is coming, trap and fly away like a bird with F2. Renewed Focus is a must... I don't like the randomness of Dragon's Maw and renewing Virtues is a big woop.