Please add more ways to obtain Black Lion Statuettes.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:What's in it for Anet to make this change? Sure, we all want easier access to things in GW2, but the current model earns the company profit. How would this change benefit Anet?

Adding an item for sale in a region where you can't buy keys means more people buying an item that didn't previously exist for people in that region.

And then people in the other regions that are able to buy keys will then request that item to be made buyable in their regions as well.

Not if it's roughly the same price as a key. You technically can already buy statuettes by simply buying keys. You are guaranteed 1 statuette per key. Why is that so hard to understand?

So you’re saying that those who want the option to buy statuettes would accept buying them at the cost of a key?

If you think that is fair. Remember tho of an argument I made earlier that anti-lootbox region only gets the statuette, not the 3 chances of rng items compared to buying a key. So it would be rather logical to offer statuettes at a slightly lower price compared to keys. Quite frankly, I don't really care of their pricing point, I just want to be able to get statuettes... Seems to be a very hard point to understand for some.

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:What's in it for Anet to make this change? Sure, we all want easier access to things in GW2, but the current model earns the company profit. How would this change benefit Anet?

Adding an item for sale in a region where you can't buy keys means more people buying an item that didn't previously exist for people in that region.

And then people in the other regions that are able to buy keys will then request that item to be made buyable in their regions as well.

Not if it's roughly the same price as a key. You technically can already buy statuettes by simply buying keys. You are guaranteed 1 statuette per key. Why is that so hard to understand?

So you’re saying that those who want the option to buy statuettes would accept buying them at the cost of a key?

If you think that is fair. Remember tho of an argument I made earlier that anti-lootbox region only gets the statuette, not the 3 chances of rng items compared to buying a key. So it would be rather logical to offer statuettes at a slightly lower price compared to keys. Quite frankly, I don't really care of their pricing point, I just want to be able to get statuettes... Seems to be a very hard point to understand for some.

Maybe it could come with the seasonal item too. Technically there are only 2 rng spots of the 4 guaranteed items out of the chest, with a chance at a bonus slot. Maybe make it come with the statuette + the seasonal material bag or whatever it is at the time.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:So if statuettes are added at the same cost as keys for those regions, they have zero rights to complain about the costs to acquire the items with the statuettes then. They cannot request a lower cost for statuettes nor can they request items to require less statuettes.

Unless they also made statuettes purchasable in all regions for cheaper than a key, than sure I guess.

@Ototo.3214 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:So if statuettes are added at the same cost as keys for those regions, they have zero rights to complain about the costs to acquire the items with the statuettes then. They cannot request a lower cost for statuettes nor can they request items to require less statuettes.

Unless they also made statuettes purchasable in all regions for cheaper than a key, than sure I guess.

Which would devalue keys. It may also cause Anet to earn less as well.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Which would devalue keys.

Kind of. Any time I've bought keys, it wasn't really for the statuettes. And what I said was more meant to point out that they could only be cheaper if that happened.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

This discussion really is going in circles. Ample arguments have been made against this. I suggest you to reread through earlier comments as this has already been discussed.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Been trying to make that point, but perhaps you're more succinct than I.

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

This discussion really is going in circles. Ample arguments have been made against this. I suggest you to reread through earlier comments as this has already been discussed.

And ample arguments have been made against your assertion. Yes, I have read earlier comments and disagree with them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

And ample arguments have been made against your assertion. Yes, I have read earlier comments and disagree with them.

And you may disagree with it all that you want. Doesn't change the fact that in the CURRENT situation players in anti-lootbox regions, who want items from a Black Lion Merchant bought with statuettes, are at a huge disadvantage.

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

And you may disagree with it all that you want. Doesn't change the fact that in the CURRENT situation players in anti-lootbox regions, who want items from a Black Lion Merchant bought with statuettes, are at a huge disadvantage.

VPN or appeal to your government about it. Unless the statuettes are sold at the same price as keys, there will be issues.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

VPN or appeal to your government about it. Unless the statuettes are sold at the same price as keys, there will be issues.

You don't know that for certain. And I find most arguments for to outweigh the arguments against that opinion.

@"kharmin.7683" said:What "disadvantage"? Items are purely cosmetic.

For one, I find this question trying to take the whole discussion off-topic and away from the essence why I started this thread. But to answer your question; that merchant also sells revive orbs in exchange for statuettes, which can be considered a very advantageous item.

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

You don't know that for certain. And I find most arguments for to outweigh the arguments against that opinion.

I’m 95% certain. The second those regions are able to buy statuettes directly at a lower cost, there will be complaints on the forums and reddit from all the other regions about wanting that option as well.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I’m 95% certain. The second those regions are able to buy statuettes directly at a lower cost, there will be complaints on the forums and reddit from all the other regions about wanting that option as well.

And I'm 100% certain it won't if pricing would be the same. Sjeez, I just want my statuettes like everyone else plz...

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

And I'm 100% certain it won't if pricing would be the same. Sjeez, I just want my statuettes like everyone else plz...

Why do you keep flip flopping between statuettes being the same price as keys or not?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Why do you keep flip flopping between statuettes being the same price as keys or not?

Because after all of this discussion, you still haven't gotten the point of this thread...

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:Anet will not lose money by selling statuettes as a stand alone item, they will gain money from it. It's a win/win situation.You say this with such certainty. Have you been involved with the management decisions? Marketing? Finances? Legal?

The way that Anet seems to monetize so many things in GW2, you honestly believe that they wouldn't have done this already if it would make them so much more money? There has to be a good reason for them to gate statuettes the way that they are now, something that tells them that making them available through other methods wouldn't make more profit (or less).

Again, I am not against making these more available but I don't see a compelling reason for Anet to do so. Your say-so that it will absolutely make them more money is not enough.

So a person who cant buy black lion keys at all but want the statuettes asks anet to sell statuettes to them without the need for a key how is that a loss in sale of black lion keys?

@Scratchpaw.1069 said:

Because after all of this discussion, you still haven't gotten the point of this thread...

I’ve stated I see no issues with statuettes being available for purchase directly if the cost is the same as keys. This provides those players in regions that cannot purchase keys to get the items that are only accessible from them.

There’s only an issue if statuettes are made cheaper than keys as this will lead players to request that option as well and potentially cause Anet to take a loss.

Ok a bit more elaborate answer than before from me.

These laws in Belgium do not affect me, I am Dutch.That being said... the chances are these laws go EU wide in the near future.That means Anet will likely have to block the keys for all EU countries in the near future.

"Why would they change it, they make good money off it"

Change comes with loss of revenue... IF these laws (highly likely) are implemented EU wide, the loss from selling keys to EU players will likely entice ArenaNet to make changes to regain that lost revenue in a legal way.

Do a google search, you'll see that Belgium and the EU are not the only locations having/considering these laws.Not by a long shot.

What the best way is, that is something open for debate, which we are doing here.