Second "dodge" that just cleanses conditions

Swagg.9236

Everybody started memeing really hard, I see, but truth be told, stripping down GW2's gear options to a more generic playing field would be a pretty interesting thought experiment. Too bad anet is so against player-generated content, otherwise we probably could have had people make their own whitelists and leagues on their own in custom-made maps by this point.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Swagg.9236" as much as a lone 3stack burn from guard can dot for 6k, so can lone nade or whatever power hit for 6k, only that you dont get to cleanse.there is a reason why its never condi meta, conditions MECHANICALLY are inferior to power, always were and I suspect they always will be.

Conditions are only """mechanically inferior""" to power if a target can cleanse them. Since the action of cleansing conditions is neither evenly distributed in individual proc availability nor in conditions cleansed per respective proc, it's difficult (effectively impossible) to put "playing well against conditions" onto a scale of "objective skill level." While, sure, it's possible to "play well" against conditions if one simply waits for the condi bomb and then presses the cleanse buttons or just evades through the entire, protracted condi bomb, a player is still conforming to a certain build in doing so: everybody just ends up running the same build in the end. It's both an issue driven by power damage and condi damage, but at the end of the day, everybody has a heal button strapped to their bar but they don't have a cleanse conditions button. It's just weird, arbitrary and nearsighted (or perhaps better expressed as "entirely against the base design" considering the idea to make conditions kill things in 3 seconds was dropped on people a few years after the game launched lmao).

There should be more condition damage reduction, currently only Revenant has reliable access to it in multiple ways.

I can understand Anet reasoning behind it since Rev can be very telegraphed, but I genuinely think that this effect should not entirely be limited to it. Maybe it can have the most powerful (Which is does, only the Revenant can be fully immune to condition damage for so long.), however I think that most classes should have access to at least 20% condition damage reduction from somewhere within the profession and not just runes.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Swagg.9236 as much as a lone 3stack burn from guard can dot for 6k, so can lone nade or whatever power hit for 6k, only that you dont get to cleanse.there is a reason why its never condi meta, conditions MECHANICALLY are inferior to power, always were and I suspect they always will be.

Conditions are only """mechanically inferior""" to power if a target can cleanse them. Since the action of cleansing conditions is neither evenly distributed in individual proc availability nor in conditions cleansed per respective proc, it's difficult (effectively impossible) to put "playing well against conditions" onto a scale of "objective skill level." While, sure, it's possible to "play well" against conditions if one simply waits for the condi bomb and then presses the cleanse buttons or just evades through the entire, protracted condi bomb, a player is still conforming to a certain build in doing so: everybody just ends up running the same build in the end. It's both an issue driven by power damage and condi damage, but at the end of the day, everybody has a heal button strapped to their bar but they don't have a cleanse conditions button. It's just weird, arbitrary and nearsighted (or perhaps better expressed as "entirely against the base design" considering the idea to make conditions kill things in 3 seconds was dropped on people a few years after the game launched lmao).

there is several reasons why conditions are bad.lets say you have half HPyou take half hp in power damage and you die, you are dead, gg.1 you take condi damage.a you can cleanseb you can use healing skill before you diec you can have your ally cleanse youd you can have your ally heal youe you can escape and go down in a position where you can get picked upf even if you will go down, you can still use couple abilities to make pressureand this is just off the top of my head examples that I have done

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Swagg.9236 as much as a lone 3stack burn from guard can dot for 6k, so can lone nade or whatever power hit for 6k, only that you dont get to cleanse.there is a reason why its never condi meta, conditions MECHANICALLY are inferior to power, always were and I suspect they always will be.

there is several reasons why conditions are bad.lets say you have half HPyou take half hp in power damage and you die, you are dead, gg.1 you take condi damage.a you can cleanseb you can use healing skill before you diec you can have your ally cleanse youd you can have your ally heal youe you can escape and go down in a position where you can get picked upf even if you will go down, you can still use couple abilities to make pressureand this is just off the top of my head examples that I have done

And since when having options and ability to strategize has been a bad thing?

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

And since when having options and ability to strategize has been a bad thing?

Well, conditions are inferior to power for that reason. Can say that makes them bad but doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

@Shao.7236 Apologies, seems like I misunderstood what you meant by 'conditions are bad' and assumed you meant the usual 'conditions are OP PLS NERF'.I'm on the same page here with you then. In majority of encounters, condis are worse than power and have more ways to be countered. Nondamaging condis on power builds are a different kind of beast, but they can feel overtuned due to the current CC fiesta.