mastery points should be available in the gemstore

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:Mastery of gold giving. Donate to a city of your choice ___ gold to get a Mastery point. Can only be done once per account. This mastery point can be used for anything.

Fair compromise?

The time you require to earn that gold can as well be used to get the Mastery Point the traditional way, no? ;)

Yeah but whales could then just buy gems with gold, and sink it into masteries. I believe that's what @Josiah.2967 meant by that.But it would raise gold to gem prices and lower gem to gold prices for everyone else if people started buying gold en masse maybe, idk...

I still don't like the core principle of it. If you're paiying to "skip" the game, why play at all?And those are the same people that plow through all the content anet thinks about, then complain that they're bored.

Buy all the masteries!I'm bored, there's nothing to do in this game...

My god.....have you been playing Ubisoft games?! Is this what the generation of gaming will be like? People just throw money at the screen without caring so they can skip? Imagine as a game developer, creating a content only to have some guy want to skip bu giving you money!I'm sure you are T2, Ubisoft, EA and Activision favorite! But for developer with dignity that is just ....wish i could say the "word" without getting warning from ModCompare this to ESO, ton of skill shards to buy but MP on gw2 are limited and mostly tied to achievements.

@"Ultramex.1506" said:My god.....have you been playing Ubisoft games?! Is this what the generation of gaming will be like? People just throw money at the screen without caring so they can skip? Imagine as a game developer, creating a content only to have some guy want to skip bu giving you money!I'm sure you are T2, Ubisoft, EA and Activision favorite! But for developer with dignity that is just ....wish i could say the "word" without getting warning from ModCompare this to ESO, ton of skill shards to buy but MP on gw2 are limited and mostly tied to achievements.

Not be like ... it already is. It's safe to say your typical gamer has money to throw at gaming. It's not a teenager thing anymore. 'Old people' game too ... and they got more money than they have time. Face it, this is the new face of gaming.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Ultramex.1506" said:My god.....have you been playing Ubisoft games?! Is this what the generation of gaming will be like? People just throw money at the screen without caring so they can skip? Imagine as a game developer, creating a content only to have some guy want to skip bu giving you money!I'm sure you are T2, Ubisoft, EA and Activision favorite! But for developer with dignity that is just ....wish i could say the "word" without getting warning from ModCompare this to ESO, ton of skill shards to buy but MP on gw2 are limited and mostly tied to achievements.

Not be like ... it already is. It's safe to say your typical gamer has money to throw at gaming. It's not a teenager thing anymore. 'Old people' game too ... and they got more money than they have time. Face it, this is the new face of gaming.

Nah, just because it's "new" doesn't mean Anet should drop on their knee and follow, it's "New" but is constantly criticized mean not worth doing, seeing how many say No in this thread give me hope in gaming.Also, how sad it's must be to throw hard earned more money at a video game for a virtual completion! It's astounding how people lack self aware and be proud of what they have done.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:My god.....have you been playing Ubisoft games?! Is this what the generation of gaming will be like? People just throw money at the screen without caring so they can skip? Imagine as a game developer, creating a content only to have some guy want to skip bu giving you money!I'm sure you are T2, Ubisoft, EA and Activision favorite! But for developer with dignity that is just ....wish i could say the "word" without getting warning from ModCompare this to ESO, ton of skill shards to buy but MP on gw2 are limited and mostly tied to achievements.

Nah, just because it's "new" doesn't mean Anet should drop on their knee and follow, ...

OK ... but Anet isn't doing it because it's a 'new' fad to follow ... they are doing it because they are serving their customers. If customers didn't want to buy progression, companies like Anet wouldn't waste their time to make and offer it. Everyone can disagree all they like and frankly, all the 'nope' in this thread is rather meaningless because these are typical, emotionally based opinions. This isn't a debate about if they should do it ... they are ALREADY doing it. The question is what progression elements they should do it to.

The truth is that what a player buys in the GS as a progression element doesn't affect other people play the game, so being triggered by the sale of progression elements doesn't make sense. Offending people's sense of how the game should be played isn't a reason for Anet to not offer these kinds of products ... and clearly they agree because they do ... and clearly there is no reason to be offended because you will never know if someone bought those products.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:My god.....have you been playing Ubisoft games?! Is this what the generation of gaming will be like? People just throw money at the screen without caring so they can skip? Imagine as a game developer, creating a content only to have some guy want to skip bu giving you money!I'm sure you are T2, Ubisoft, EA and Activision favorite! But for developer with dignity that is just ....wish i could say the "word" without getting warning from ModCompare this to ESO, ton of skill shards to buy but MP on gw2 are limited and mostly tied to achievements.

Nah, just because it's "new" doesn't mean Anet should drop on their knee and follow, ...

OK ... but Anet isn't doing it because it's a 'new' fad to follow ... they are doing it because they are serving their customers. If customers didn't want to buy progression, companies like Anet wouldn't waste their time to make and offer it. Everyone can disagree all they like and frankly, all the 'nope' in this thread is rather meaningless because these are typical, emotionally based opinions. This isn't a debate about if they should do it ... they are
ALREADY
doing it. The question is what progression elements they should do it to.

Right....people opinions different from you are meaningless, they sell level booster but there has been a poll about whether it's good for the game, and when people bring up such question, it maybe...probably...possibly mean selling them might affect the game, i personally suggest new player shouldn't use those as they will skip all tutorials for each level up, only use it for altThe truth is that
what a player buys in the GS as a progression element doesn't affect other people play the game
, so being triggered by the sale of progression elements doesn't make sense. Offending people's sense of how the game should be played isn't a reason for Anet to not offer these kinds of products ... and clearly they agree because they do ... and clearly there is no reason to be offended because you will never know if someone bought those products.Now where have i seen this comment before? Oh yea! loot boxes! People have been telling other to shut up it doesn't affect the game if you don't buy it, look where did that get us? loot boxes in every games so bad that there are now laws against it! It's always the same, thinking it won't affect other until shit hit the fan, i'm just gonna copy one example that other have already said: "
Jezz wheez i've bought everything in this game with my money, now i'm bored.........when is the next expansion gonna come out? Omg why is Anet so slow in bringing us content? Not much to do so I'm leaving
" You're only think about yourself, funny how OP think WE, whose opinions are meaningless, are shortsighted.

@Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... but Anet isn't doing it because it's a 'new' fad to follow ... they are doing it because they are serving their customers. If customers didn't want to buy progression, companies like Anet wouldn't waste their time to make and offer it. Everyone can disagree all they like and frankly, all the 'nope' in this thread is rather meaningless because these are typical, emotionally based opinions. This isn't a debate about if they should do it ... they are
ALREADY

The truth is that what a player buys in the GS as a progression element doesn't affect other people play the game, so being triggered by the sale of progression elements doesn't make sense. Offending people's sense of how the game should be played isn't a reason for Anet to not offer these kinds of products ... and clearly they agree because they do ... and clearly there is no reason to be offended because you will never know if someone bought those products.

The problem with your argument is that the same people who anet is supposed to serve by selling progression to them, are the same ones that will soon complain that they have nothing to do in the game and bother anet for more content - that they can again just skip. That content is then rushed to meet the demand of people who competed previous content by buying to skip it, and that affects everyone.

Also you're not helping your side by telling that only your opinion matters and that others are meaningless. Yours is just as emotional as anyone elses and based on opinion.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ALREADY

The problem with your argument is that the same people who anet is supposed to serve by selling progression to them, are the same ones that will soon complain that they have nothing to do in the game and bother anet for more content - that they can again just skip.

People do that EVEN if Anet doesn't sell progression ... so no, that's not a problem with my argument.

That content is then rushed to meet the demand of people who competed previous content by buying to skip it, and that affects everyone.

No it doesn't ... the fact that someone can purchase progression elements does NOT affect how anyone else wants to play the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

The problem with your argument is that the same people who anet is supposed to serve by selling progression to them, are the same ones that will soon complain that they have nothing to do in the game and bother anet for more content - that they can again just skip. That content is then rushed to meet the demand of people who competed previous content by buying to skip it, and
that
affects everyone.

Also you're not helping your side by telling that only your opinion matters and that others are meaningless. Yours is just as emotional as anyone elses and based on opinion.

People do that EVEN if Anet doesn't sell progression ... so no, that's not a problem with my argument.

No, not really, you're just now desperately trying to salvage your argument after others proved your argument wrong.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ALREADY

The problem with your argument is that the same people who anet is supposed to serve by selling progression to them, are the same ones that will soon complain that they have nothing to do in the game and bother anet for more content - that they can again just skip. That content is then rushed to meet the demand of people who competed previous content by buying to skip it, and
that
affects everyone.

No, not really, you're just now desperately trying to salvage your argument after others proved your argument wrong.

No proof has been presented that shows Anet selling progression eliminates people complaining that they don't have enough content. In fact, people have been complaining about a lack of content even BEFORE Anet started selling progression elements, so whatever 'proof' you say exists to your point, it's false.

People going out of their way to buy progression elements most certainly are not complaining they don't have to do the progression they are purchasing ... such a thing would be absurd and any idea this would happen is easily dismissed as nonsensical. If they wanted to do that content, they would do it. If anything ... they are HAPPY they don't have to do content they aren't interested in to progress and participate in the game.

My argument can't be 'disproven' to begin with ... it's based on the fact that Anet ALREADY sells progression elements.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

No proof has been presented that shows Anet selling progression eliminates people complaining that they don't have enough content. In fact, people have been complaining about a lack of content even BEFORE Anet started selling progression elements, so whatever 'proof' you say exists to your point, it's false.

People going out of their way to buy progression elements most certainly are not complaining they don't have to do the progression they are purchasing ... such a thing would be absurd and any idea this would happen is easily dismissed as nonsensical. If they wanted to do that content, they
would
do it. If anything ... they are HAPPY they don't have to do content they aren't interested in to progress and participate in the game.

My argument can't be 'disproven' to begin with ... it's based on the fact that Anet
ALREADY
sells progression elements.

And how can you prove your claim?It's the same claim as people who oppose your argument, based on your opinion, so you cant disprove other arguments either.Yet your argument should hold more weight than anyone elses? Not to mention you stated that other peoples arguments are worthless. So... Why is that? Why do you get to be right in your opinion and others don't?

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

That's untrue ... Anet selling progression does not eliminate people complaining that they don't have enough content. People have been complaining about a lack of content even BEFORE Anet started selling progression elements. People going out of their way to buy progression elements most certainly are not complaining they don't have to do the progression they are purchasing ... that's absurd. If they wanted to do that content, they would. If anything ... they are HAPPY they don't have to do content they aren't interested in.

It reduces the average total time it takes to complete new content.

This reduction in time makes the calls for new content because bored with content in game happen quicker on average.

This means ANet has less time to develop new content before places get flooded with people demanding more content - even if they are just a minority who consume content quickly or buy their way past the content.

I was against them adding in the waypoints on the gem store - it should be something that requires players to map complete at least one character if added at all. I would have been fine if it was something bought with in game currency if you had the "Been There, Done That" title. That way it would mean that players have done it at least once. Would have preferred it not added at all, it's not that hard to run around and unlock waypoints.

There are plenty of mastery points for players to have some say in what they do to get the mastery points. The mastery points are account based so it's not like altaholic players have to do something they hate doing multiple times to unlock things for all of their characters. It's a one and done thing.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

People going out of their way to buy progression elements most certainly are not complaining they don't have to do the progression they are purchasing ... such a thing would be absurd and any idea this would happen is easily dismissed as nonsensical. If they wanted to do that content, they
would
do it. If anything ... they are HAPPY they don't have to do content they aren't interested in to progress and participate in the game.

My argument can't be 'disproven' to begin with ... it's based on the fact that Anet
ALREADY

And how can you prove your claim?

The fact that Anet already progression elements. REALITY proves my claim that they can sell Mastery points FOR THE SAME REASONS they sell other progression elements.

@Seera.5916 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

That's untrue ... Anet selling progression does not eliminate people complaining that they don't have enough content. People have been complaining about a lack of content even BEFORE Anet started selling progression elements. People going out of their way to buy progression elements most certainly are not complaining they don't have to do the progression they are purchasing ... that's absurd. If they wanted to do that content, they would. If anything ... they are HAPPY they don't have to do content they aren't interested in.

OK ... but that doesn't change what I said ... Anet selling progression elements does NOT eliminate people complaining they don't have enough content. I'm being told my 'argument' is wrong because players that buy progression will complain they dont' have enough content ... but that doesn't make sense because this was ALREADY happening before Anet started selling progression.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

would

ALREADY

The fact that Anet already progression elements. REALITY proves my claim that they can sell Mastery points FOR THE SAME REASONS they sell other progression elements.

Those elements are not endgame progressions - what this thread is about. So their use could be seen as convenience and not progression, though that line is blurry and as stated, most people would rather they dont sell those either. So that's not proof of anything.

If they sold legendary arnor in the gem store, hero points and time gates materials then yeah, I'd be with you in your argument and that would be proof, but they dont, and what you presented isn't.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

OK ... but that doesn't change what I said ... Anet selling progression elements does NOT eliminate people complaining they don't have enough content. I'm being told my 'argument' is wrong because players that buy progression will complain they dont' have enough content ... but that doesn't make sense because this was ALREADY happening before Anet started selling progression.

But that reduction in time if it becomes great enough would likely reduce the time frame between content is released or cause more content to be released in the same amount of time.

This would cause a reduction in quality.

Yes, this one addition wouldn't do it all by itself, but it's an additive thing. I'd rather we not get close to that point.

I'm against any content skips that can be basically purchased with real life money - this does include just in game gold as that can be obtained via buying gems and then converting them. Even moreso for things that are a one and done for the entire account.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

would

ALREADY

Those elements are not endgame progressions ...

No where in this thread did we EVER limit our discussion to ENDGAME progression, nor would you be able to say the currently elements Anet sells for progression are NOT endgame-specific either.

@Seera.5916 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

But that reduction in time if it becomes great enough would likely reduce the time frame between content is released or cause more content to be released in the same amount of time.

This would cause a reduction in quality.

Yes, this one addition wouldn't do it all by itself, but it's an additive thing. I'd rather we not get close to that point.

I'm against any content skips that can be basically purchased with real life money - this does include just in game gold as that can be obtained via buying gems and then converting them. Even moreso for things that are a one and done for the entire account.

True ... but that doesn't change what I said ... Anet selling progression elements does NOT eliminate people complaining about a lack of content. If anything, Anet selling progression elements people don't want to earn in the first place PROMOTES people continually playing the game doing content they DO want to participate in.

Basically the 'not enough content' argument is based on the assumption that people will play the game and make purchases REGARDLESS of how they feel about the content they are subjected to. I'm going to say that's a pretty shaky ground to build that argument on since we know in lots of cases ... people have (and use) the option to simply not play games where they don't like the content.

I'm going put this out there ... people are MORE likely to maintain a relationship with the game where they are given choices on how to play and when they make significant purchases in it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

would

ALREADY

No where in this thread did we EVER limit our discussion to ENDGAME progression, nor would you be able to say the currently elements Anet sells for progression are NOT endgame-specific either.

The thread is about mastery points isn't it?Masteries and their points are endgame progression. They were designed to give endgame players something to do once you hit max level.Lvl 80 is not endgame specific nor are the way points. You level to 80 to get to endgame, and way points are more like convenience but still they shouldn't have done either.The whole promise of the game since the beginning was that there would only be cosmetics in the shop. Since then they've already sullied that with questionable additions, I dont think they need to alienate more players and potential new players with adding buyable endgame progression on top of what there already is in the shop just because a minority of rich players sont have time to play the game and would rather skip it.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

would

ALREADY

The thread is about mastery points isn't it?Masteries and their points
are
endgame progression.

Again, this discussion has NEVER been limited to just endgame (whatever that is) progression elements nor have you shown the currently sold progression elements can't also be considered endgame progression ... HOWEVER you want to define that term.

I mean, if your argument is that MP's can't be sold because the are endgame, I would argue that if there are ANY elements that prevent players from progression and frustration, it's the endgame ones. If ANY progression elements should be sold, it's the ones that are MOST likely to cause people to become dissatisfied/frustrated by their game progression and perhaps in the worst case leave the game altogether. Again, seems to me like people have forgotten why some people play games. NOT everyone is looking to solve something or learn some finger acrobatics ... some people just want to hang and do things with their friends and escape. If some elements are an obstacle to that (like level 80 and Waypoints ... COINCIDENCE?) then why not give them choices?

@Trinnitty.8256 said:I didn’t read the thread much. I do find the idea similar as anet selling waypoint unlock packs.

Exactly ... any argument that someone wants to present based on 'Anet can't sell progression' is really far behind ... it's already happening. The challenge for people who want to argue Mastery points shouldn't be sold is to show why they are different than the currently sold progression elements and how that difference makes them unsellable. Otherwise, it's no different.

@Obtena.7952 said:

ALREADY

that
affects everyone.

would

ALREADY

The thread is about mastery points isn't it?Masteries and their points
are
endgame progression.

Again, this discussion has NEVER been limited to
just
endgame progression elements nor have you shown the currently sold progression elements can't also be considered endgame progression ... HOWEVER you want to define that term.

I'm bringing you back to the point that's relevant here ... Anet already sells progression elements, so there isn't some way you can 'disprove' that Anet can't sell other ones, EVEN if you want to label them 'endgame'.

@Trinnitty.8256 said:I didn’t read the thread much. I do find the idea similar as anet selling waypoint unlock packs.

Exactly ... any argument that someone wants to present based on 'Anet can't sell progression' is really far behind ... it's already happening. The challenge for people who don't want to argue Mastery points shouldn't be sold is to show why they are different than the currently sold progression elements and how that difference makes them unsellable. Otherwise, it's no different.

Just because they've done it before does not mean that those of us who do not want that stuff in the gem store should remain silent in our opinions that unlocks like that should not be in the gem store.

None of us are saying that they can't do it. Just that we do not want them to sell any more things like that on the gem store.

I don't know the reasons the others have but to me those unlocks go against the whole core of playing video games in the first place. What's the point of buying a game that you're only going to pay more to bypass the actual playing of it.

@Seera.5916 said:I don't know the reasons the others have but to me those unlocks go against the whole core of playing video games in the first place. What's the point of buying a game that you're only going to pay more to bypass the actual playing of it.

Seems to me the point is to give people choice on playing the parts of the game they want to play and not being subjected to the parts they don't for a fee.