Attribute changeable gear [suggestion]

Zahld.4956

Have gear that can change attribute stats that is easier to obtain than legendary gear. This gear can be lower stat level than legendary gear but then can be upgraded incrementally to legendary gear.This would make build making easier with an upgrade path with the obtained weapons.This could be the precursor to precursors and precursors would then have changeable stats too.Choice of skins and effects could be chosen or maybe multiple selections of selectable ones can be obtained by upgrading the pre precursor.Dye channels could be an option too for weapons.Animation, footstep, arm effects etc could have more than one to be used, making them more customizable.Existing legendaries could add these upgrades too once they have been unlocked.With more customizable legendaries, each one would be more unique to each player.

So you want items with changable stats, a choice of skins and effects with multiple selections possible on the same item, dyable weapons (something no current weapon, including legendaries, has), animations, footsteps and arm effects...but they should be easier to obtain than legendaries because somehow they're not, even though they do everything legendaries do and more?

I think that's very unlikely to happen.

Having said that I agree that a way to try out any stat combination would be useful. But I think it's unlikely Anet would give us easly to obtain equipment where you can freely change the stats, considering even legendaries only got stat-swapping when ascended weapons were introduced, because Anet admitted it would be annoying to craft a legendary and then have to craft an ascended item as well to get the stats you wanted.

More likely is something like a practice arena where you can 'rent' any item with any stat combination to try it out. They could even add it to the existing areas with practice golems. Or something like previewing the level 80 boost - you can equip the items of your choice and try them out in an actual map, but you don't get to keep them. Then once you've decided on the stats you want you can go and make or buy permanent versions.

So you want some weapon rarity that's like exotic strength but with selectable stats? If yes, i agree it would be useful, but that would make ascended items useless and their cost to make totally disproportionate to what they offer ("just" 1 stat combination and 5% or so more strength than exotic).

I mean, what would the cost to make them be? Should it be lower than ascended? But with such a huge gain as selectable stats it wouldn't be appropriate. If more than ascended, then i guess that could work but then again, no one would probably bother with ascended at all.

Maybe if they make a new craftin legendary armor, and the crafted ascended (NOT the grandmaster marks one), be a precursor to it, then i can see that happening as ascended would then still be relevant.

I don't know... In a game so heavily based on stats on gear, i always wondered why selectable stats were a premium, but seeing the system in action and how it affects economy, i can see why they did it. It's not like it's hard to change stats on ascended anyway, it just costs a few gold and that way, at least you're sure you'll definitely try every aspect of that build before deciding to change the stats again because you know it'll cost you. :wink:

I don't understand this obsession with changeable stats for the overall userbase. There's only two main reasons you'd want swappable stats right now:A. you WVW (because pretty much nobody runs toughness in PVE as a DPS)B. you raid

They (arenanet) could nerf every build to the ground and likely it will still be Berserker (or some variation to hit crit cap if it's fractals) +Viper for most of PVE.

For most everything else if you aren't running berserker or viper (unless you are running support for fractals/strikes/DRMs) it generally means you are build testing. For build testing you can use exotics from things akin to bladed armor boxes , runic armor boxes (strikes), or warlord armor boxes which are stat select.

If swappable stats were such a hot thing outside of legendary items then equipment templates would also likely fall out of favor. It is not in Arenanet's best interest to inflate the number of items in the game for a very narrow section of the playerbase while also hurting their gemstore offering.

edit: also I'd say the flood of mid level crafting items that are intended for use in legendary gifts (mystic tribute) is a testament to the fact that the goal is to move everyone onto legendaries for the Legendary Armory

@"Infusion.7149" said:I don't understand this obsession with changeable stats for the overall userbase. There's only two main reasons you'd want swappable stats right now:A. you WVW (because pretty much nobody runs toughness in PVE as a DPS)

I play WvW mostly, but as everyone knows, you need to PvE as well for various reasons.I use the 2 equipment slots, and build templates. One build is Minstrel's Crhonomancer for WvW, and the other gear set is Viper's/Trailblazer's Mirage for PvE (will change to full vipers once i get the chance).

That's usually enough for most people and if you only do PvE, you're fine with just one set. Exotic is fine if you open world, and Ascended if you do Fractals.Legendary stat change is cool and all, but it's really not that important because you'll end up using the same stats all the time anyway.How i know?

I made a legendary armor piece out of the WvW precursor that had Wanderer's stats. When the piece was done - i immediately selected Wanderer's stats again.The only real benefit is that you can use the same armor on 2 different equipment slots, and each slot will have different stats, plus switching of runes and infusions.

Putting something like that on "lower" gear would devalue legendary armor a lot i think, plus, most people wouldn't see the benefit. Especially since Exotic is so easy to get nowdays, and even ascended trinkets (the ones in bloodstone fen can even be reset).

@Danikat.8537 said:So you want items with changable stats, a choice of skins and effects with multiple selections possible on the same item, dyable weapons (something no current weapon, including legendaries, has), animations, footsteps and arm effects...but they should be easier to obtain than legendaries because somehow they're not, even though they do everything legendaries do and more?

All that is after upgrading it to legendary or while except for stat changing.The stat changing gear is lower level than max gear but increases as weapon is upgraded.This gear (armor, weapon, sigil etc) would not be standard gear but sort of like precursor gear that can also change stats but does not max out until upgraded to maybe ascended then legendary.It's just stat changing gear that isn't difficult to obtain but isn't BIS gear until upgraded to higher levels and also adds more features than current legendary gear.Stat changing gear is good to work on new builds with and to test and use in all game modes.