Why remove ranked conquest?

Scykosix.7836

I dont mind new modes being implemented, I guess 2vs2 can be fun if you are playing the 2vs2 privileged professions , but why would you remove 5vs5 ranked conquest this season and make it 2vs2 only ranked? The entire sPvP balance is built around conquest mode and you remove it? Why not just keep both with different leaderboards? I would rather wait 5 minute que than play that unbalanced mode... Really dont get the decision making here, at all.

It’s because it’s not a real season- if you queued for ranked it wouldn’t count as ranked just rated. This way you at least have something that counts as ranked. Basically I’m saying that 5v5 ranked atm would be the same thing as unranked except longer q times and worse matches since no one queues ranked in the off-season as it affects their ranked games won etc.

@Scykosix.7836 said:I dont mind new modes being implemented, I guess 2vs2 can be fun if you are playing the 2vs2 privileged professions , but why would you remove 5vs5 ranked conquest this season and make it 2vs2 only ranked? The entire sPvP balance is built around conquest mode and you remove it? Why not just keep both with different leaderboards? I would rather wait 5 minute que than play that unbalanced mode... Really dont get the decision making here, at all.

1) because population is so incredibly low that queue times would be unbearable. Though, I have no problem with them both existing simultaneously.2) AFAIK there was no dev that stated that sPvP balance was built around conquest mode. It's just that that's been the main mode for forever.3) The concept of mini-seasons was a good idea but they only really make sense when there is balance in-between regular seasons.

@Ovark.2514 said:

1) because population is so incredibly low that queue times would be unbearable. Though, I have no problem with them both existing simultaneously.2) AFAIK there was no dev that stated that sPvP balance was built around conquest mode. It's just that that's been the main mode for forever.3) The concept of mini-seasons was a good idea but they only really make sense when there is balance in-between regular seasons.

I know but ranked queue had atleast somewhat normal matchmaking even off season while unranked is all over the place and ofcourse the balance is built around conquest in sPvP what else could it be?