Fractal agony

Ok I just discovered why I keep on getting kicked from fractal groups when I'm doing the reccomended fractal fir my fractal level. I cant get fractal gear with infusion slots because I am broke on gold and on special currency for buying medium gear. Also I cant get agony resistance because I'm broke on that stuff too which just annoys me.

I'm starting to remember 2 years ago before I started playing guild wars 2 a similar event happened to me on world of warcraft with the mythic plus dungeons and an artificial player-made scoring system. I got into a mythic dungeon level recommended for my skill and gear which was mythic plus 17 but then a player discovered that my "score" wasnt high enough and then kicked me.

The incidents I'm having with fractal groups is similar to what I went through before. I really dont want to have a bad experience here on guild wars 2 and I'm still new to the game. I really dont want to pay to play fractals either. But soon I may have to stop doing fractals all together and go back to easy story mode beginner dungeons.

Fractal level has nothing to do with agony resistance or AR that you have equipped. If you severely lack the AR for the fractal scale you are doing then you become a hindrance to your party.

If you are doing T3s or lower then you should not need gold for agony resistance slots, just get Bjora Marches' eternal ice shards and make ascended trinkets from those directly or indirectly through LS4 currencies.

P.S. daily "recommended fractals" are the same for everyone, it does not mean it is based off your fractal level (or AR either).

Assuming you've bought Tears for a temporary boost...

Join a guild, a group of friends, or any other kind of static who wont mind/ care what your AR is while you're working to get equipped. PUGs are less welcoming due to the nature of not having the benefit of getting to know others, especially if they have an issue with someone just 5 AR below the "1% max health pulsing damage limit."

There are very few fractals that are all that Agony-heavy anyway. And people who just get hit by anything and everything will wipe no matter what.

Why don't you just run the fractals you can?If you don't want to pay anything for your equipment, you will quickly run into a wall as far as fractals are involved.

Also, don't take offense, but judging by your posts on fractals, low agony isn't the only reason people will kick you ^^''.I agree with Kid, better find a guild or a static that doesn't care what you do in fractals.

@"wilykcat.5864" said:Ok I just discovered why I keep on getting kicked from fractal groups when I'm doing the reccomended fractal fir my fractal level. I cant get fractal gear with infusion slots because I am broke on gold and on special currency for buying medium gear. Also I cant get agony resistance because I'm broke on that stuff too which just annoys me.

I'm starting to remember 2 years ago before I started playing guild wars 2 a similar event happened to me on world of warcraft with the mythic plus dungeons and an artificial player-made scoring system. I got into a mythic dungeon level recommended for my skill and gear which was mythic plus 17 but then a player discovered that my "score" wasnt high enough and then kicked me.

The incidents I'm having with fractal groups is similar to what I went through before. I really dont want to have a bad experience here on guild wars 2 and I'm still new to the game. I really dont want to pay to play fractals either. But soon I may have to stop doing fractals all together and go back to easy story mode beginner dungeons.

This is one of the reasons there's tiers to fractals. People who don't (yet) have AR can hang out in tier 1 and gain gold and +1 infusions so that over time they can build up their gear to be able to tolerate more agony. If you choose to go higher than your AR can tolerate, it's entirely to be expected that you get kicked.

@wilykcat.5864 said:Ok I just discovered why I keep on getting kicked from fractal groups when I'm doing the reccomended fractal fir my fractal level. I cant get fractal gear with infusion slots because I am broke on gold and on special currency for buying medium gear. Also I cant get agony resistance because I'm broke on that stuff too which just annoys me.

Fractals are not the exclusive way to get gear with slots for infusions. In fact, there are tons of easier and better ways to get ascended gear on the side outside of fractals (and there are tons of guides out there on how to get that gear).

Please do some basic google searches. The reason you are getting removed is very likely not only the lack of agony resistance but general lack of understanding and knowledge. I'd suggest a short session and read up on ascended gear, agony resistance and basic fractal guides.

@wilykcat.5864 said:I'm starting to remember 2 years ago before I started playing guild wars 2 a similar event happened to me on world of warcraft with the mythic plus dungeons and an artificial player-made scoring system. I got into a mythic dungeon level recommended for my skill and gear which was mythic plus 17 but then a player discovered that my "score" wasnt high enough and then kicked me.

Sorry, all I am getting from this is you just trying to access content in a different game for which you were not ready. The difference being that in case of agony resistance you actually need a specific amount to avoid unnecessary additional damage.

@wilykcat.5864 said:The incidents I'm having with fractal groups is similar to what I went through before. I really dont want to have a bad experience here on guild wars 2 and I'm still new to the game. I really dont want to pay to play fractals either. But soon I may have to stop doing fractals all together and go back to easy story mode beginner dungeons.

Then don't play the content or change your approach (aka join a guild and have others help you understand, spend some time online and watch 1 or 2 guides, ask in map chat, etc.). T1 and T2 fractals are in general the areas where new players who are clueless practice. Obviously one needs the appropriate agony resistance for T2.

Do the fractals your AR allows for.You can farm Living World maps for currencies and buy Ascended trinkets that come with infusion slots.You can also buy a limited stat-selection of Ascended trinkets from the laurel vendor.You then grind the agony infusion in the fractals you actually can do, or you buy infusions on the TP.

Work on crafting gear, sometimes you also get Ascended gear chests as fractal rewards.You can change the stats of the Ascended gear in the mystic toilet.