Would Ranked PVP benefit from having a "start from zero" option?

It's a simple question I keep finding myself coming back to every time a new season starts up. I get my placement matches done, maybe 3 or 4 of them are wins from being carried, and the rest is even win/loss. Each season start I end up in gold despite not having the requisite skill and someone ends up being butt hurt over the fact that I'm outskilled by quite a few players. Would such an option work for this game mode where I'm allowed to enter at zero and earn my way up to a more natural skill ceiling?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:botsgeneral smurfing

This. Starting from 0 doesn't address people manipulating the ranking system.

@Prime Shock.9386 said:Each season start I end up in gold despite not having the requisite skill

I think gold 1-2 is the average? Has that changed recently? I can understand people being surprised if you end up in plat despite not knowing your buttons but gold?

I'd be down for a starting at zero.Tho I don't think it'll matter. The sPvP scene is so toxic it's better just to turn off the chat window.I think my favorite part of sPvP is that the term Bot is just used as an insult to say your bad.But I think no matter what Anet did to the ranking system that fact remains that they decided the win screen shows the winning team dancing on your corpse.So apparently Anet them selves want the toxic behavior and general bad sportsmanship.