Can't Pick Up Baubles in SAB

Inb4 you need a bigger wallet!

Been having this issue for the past two years now and still haven't seen a fix for this. While collecting baubles, my bauble count randomly stops and prevents me from collecting anymore baubles whatsoever in my inventory. I've lost so many baubles to this bug. It just stops on a seemingly very random number and the counter refuses to move unless I get baubles from prize chests (the ones that show up in the bottom right of the screen). Can anyone PLEASE tell me what this is and how to fix it?

Well how many baubles do it stop at?
There is a max of 250, 500 with first bag and 750 with second.EditThe map reward pop up take you over the max yes but you still cant pick up baubles on the ground unless you spend or turn some of the ones in your inventory into bauble baubles.

@Linken.6345 said:Well how many baubles do it stop at?

There is a max of 250, 500 with first bag and 750 with second.

@CriminalxIntent.3845 said:Inb4 you need a bigger wallet!

I have all the wallets. It has nothing to do with that. As I already said, it's random. It maxed out at 500+, then 600+, and even at 320 and even as low as 200+. Having to randomly go back to the hub and turn baubles in every time this occurs is tedious. I can try to repair the client, but this is so common, I'm not sure if it's really on my end.

@CriminalxIntent.3845 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well how many baubles do it stop at?

There is a max of 250, 500 with first bag and 750 with second.

@CriminalxIntent.3845 said:Inb4 you need a bigger wallet!

I have all the wallets. It has nothing to do with that. As I already said, it's random. It maxed out at 500+, then 600+, and even at 320 and even as low as 200+. Having to randomly go back to the hub and turn baubles in every time this occurs is tedious. I can try to repair the client, but this is so common, I'm not sure if it's really on my end.

And you dont have any baubles in account wide slots?

Instead on focussing so much on having the wallets and the people asking about them maybe you could be a bit clearer and give more information.Give a few clear examples of when it happens; include things like current bauble count, bag size for that character, does it happen to both mob dropped baubles and fixed place baubles, map and ping.Had you at least given current counts and bag size in the first post than no-one would have had to ask about the bags.

@CriminalxIntent.3845 said:I have all the wallets. It has nothing to do with that. As I already said, it's random. It maxed out at 500+, then 600+, and even at 320 and even as low as 200+. Having to randomly go back to the hub and turn baubles in every time this occurs is tedious. I can try to repair the client, but this is so common, I'm not sure if it's really on my end.

That must be a problem unique to your account then, as none of us is experiencing the issue. It's best to contact support and have the ticket escalated to a higher level, perhaps they can find a solution.

@"Topalai.4789" said:Instead on focussing so much on having the wallets and the people asking about them maybe you could be a bit clearer and give more information.Give a few clear examples of when it happens; include things like current bauble count, bag size for that character, does it happen to both mob dropped baubles and fixed place baubles, map and ping.Already explained this.Had you at least given current counts and bag size in the first post than no-one would have had to ask about the bags.

There is literally nothing concrete I can provide because there is no fixed moment in time these things happen. It is literally random for both when it happens and for the bauble count. I just now got stopped at 502 baubles while scaling the hollow log in w1z2. If it will help at all, here is everything I can tell:

1. I have every bauble bag unlocked on the characters I use for SAB
  2. I have every weapon and weapon upgrade unlocked on the characters I use for SAB
  3. I have NO hidden/specialty bags on ANY of my characters
  4. When it happens, that means I can't collect ANY bauble that isn't from the daily/bonus chest (chest in the bottom right hand corner of the screeen. those chests force add baubles to your count). No mobs, no map baubles, no key chests, no end boss chests, no digging chests. Nothing.
  5. Collecting baubles from the daily/bonus chests does NOT fix the problem and I am still unable to collect baubles until after leaving the world and returning to the lobby.
  6. This happens on any and all maps. I haven't been through w2 z3 yet, but it's happened thus far in all other zones.

@CriminalxIntent.3845 said:

@"Topalai.4789" said:Instead on focussing so much on having the wallets and the people asking about them maybe you could be a bit clearer and give more information.Give a few clear examples of when it happens; include things like current bauble count, bag size for that character, does it happen to both mob dropped baubles and fixed place baubles, map and ping.Already explained this.Had you at least given current counts and bag size in the first post than no-one would have had to ask about the bags.

There is literally nothing concrete I can provide because there is no fixed moment in time these things happen. It is
literally
random
for both when it happens and for the bauble count.
. If it will help at all, here is everything I
can
tell:
  1. I have every bauble bag unlocked on the characters I use for SAB
  2. I have every weapon and weapon upgrade unlocked on the characters I use for SAB
  3. I have NO hidden/specialty bags on ANY of my characters
  4. When it happens, that means I can't collect ANY bauble that isn't from the daily/bonus chest (chest in the bottom right hand corner of the screeen. those chests force add baubles to your count). No mobs, no map baubles, no key chests, no end boss chests, no digging chests. Nothing.
  5. Collecting baubles from the daily/bonus chests does NOT fix the problem and I am still unable to collect baubles until after leaving the world and returning to the lobby.
  6. This happens on any and all maps. I haven't been through w2 z3 yet, but it's happened thus far in all other zones.

Yea dont know what to tell you that only happens when Im at 250 on my core account with no bauble bag and 750 on main account with all of them.

Maybe you are mixing up what characters have unlocked the bauble bags?

Visually picking up baubles but having them not added to the total count can be caused by packet loss, this might happen for a few baubles per world but if it was a persistent thing you should also notice lag spikes and disconnects. This is also why I asked about ping times, high ping can be an indicator for a bad connection.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Tried a -repair of the client?
You never mentioned if you tried this or not. Running the repair will help ensure there is not a client side issue.

If it was a server side issue I would expect more people to complain about this and it is unlikely to be an account based bug but if nothing else works you can contact support so they can have a look at your account and the logs. Add things like the date, time (+timezone), map ip, zone, character name and bauble count of at least 2 occurrences to help them troubleshoot your issue.

The bit you surely won't want to hear: In all the videos you posted you are at just over 500 baubles, you say you obtained all the bauble bags so your max should be 750 and you also say you haven't been through w2z3. Yet the bauble bag for 750 baubles is sold in w2z3. I would advice you to double check the bag has been properly unlocked. The easiest way to do so would be through gw2efficiency if you have an account there https://gw2efficiency.com/account/sab and make sure the Bauble Tote Bag is checked.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Topalai.4789" said:The bit you surely won't want to hear: In all the videos you posted you are at just over 500 baubles, you say you obtained all the bauble bags so your max should be 750 and you also say you haven't been through w2z3. Yet the bauble bag for 750 baubles is sold in w2z3. I would advice you to double check the bag has been properly unlocked. The easiest way to do so would be through gw2efficiency if you have an account there https://gw2efficiency.com/account/sab and make sure the Bauble Tote Bag is checked.

Yeah, I can only suggest the same as Topalai here, despite you not wanting to hear it... you're talking about having maxed bag size on all your SAB characters, but without having been through w2z3, you cannot have max bag size (or did you maybe visit w2z3 simply up until the bauble tote bag point?).

Anyhow - the SAB page on gw2effiiency is one I would recommend too because it gives you a great overview of what you have unlocked per character. In the video you linked where it stopped at 502; did you have something below 500 just before you got to this single bauble, something might have bumped you +5 or +10 so you went from 492 or 497 to 502? If so, you've obtained max and the total won't update further. If you opened some reward chest, it can be misleading because this would still add to the total above your bauble capacity, but any bauble you picked up after passing the capacity won't be added to your total.