Dodge jump fails at random

I'm not 100% sure when this problem arose, but dodge jump seems to outright fail 10% of the time, often several times in a row before working again many times in a row. I don't remember having this problem before - it occurs both with manually dodge jumping (hitting space + dodge with my thumb or hitting simultaneously with two different fingers) and with a dodge jump macro (which I don't recall ever failing before). The times when it fails my character simply performs a normal jump despite having enough endurance. With manual dodge jumping I can understand this happening, but it's happening with macro too. My ping is mostly <50 (EU).

Did something get altered that affected the reliability of dodge jumping?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:Are you noticing this anywhere specific, my dodge jumps have been successful 99% of the time, apart from dailies I’ve been doing nothing but sab normal and trib and if mine were failing I could garauntee I would notice, maybe it’s not working in a specific part of the game.

No, only that it tends to kick in more often if I haven't dodge jumped for a few seconds.

• Like 1

@Drakonhammer.2148 said:

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:Are you noticing this anywhere specific, my dodge jumps have been successful 99% of the time, apart from dailies I’ve been doing nothing but sab normal and trib and if mine were failing I could garauntee I would notice, maybe it’s not working in a specific part of the game.

No, only that it tends to kick in more often if I haven't dodge jumped for a few seconds.

sounds like lag maybe

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 10:26 PM, TristisOris.2165 said:

can't confirm that. it fail without reason 50\50. ping 60, no packets loss.

It was a year ago that I left that post. It might be that the issue was caused by something on my end. TacO has been updated multiple times since then, anyway, and I haven't experienced anything like it that was caused by TacO.

However, I bind dodge and jump to a single button on my mouse. When I bought a new mouse recently, it came with Logitech G Hub. Setting up the dodge-jump in that had me fail most of my attempts, whatever I did. I uninstalled G Hub and reinstalled the older app, Logitech Gaming Software, which is not updated  anymore, but its Multi Key function gives me 100% success at dodge-jumps.

(Disclaimer, in case you are not aware of this: It is technically a macro, but it's allowed as per ANet communication.)