"Your account has been blocked for security purposes"

1 minute ago, embershiny.1056 said:

I am the reddit poster you mentioned. After putting in a ticket with all the info I had and being polite I got nowhere. After doing that AND asking to be escalated to a supervisor it got sorted fast. I suggest doing the same.

Good to hear. Enjoy your rebirth. 😄

27 minutes ago, Quadox.7834 said:

Well they did fire a lot of people and restructure quite recently right? And iirc, it was said that NCsoft would be stepping in a bit more. And the fact that Lineage gets the exact same support (down to the specific sentences used) fuels this suspicion. Oh well, no matter.

Job listings have appeared after the restructure.

Regardless, they do both use the same software....as do many, many companies. 

8 minutes ago, embershiny.1056 said:

Thanks, its kinda hard to feel super into playing now, knowing I can be banned for nothing at all, but in ANets defense it WAS sorted out reasonably quickly, so I am playing again, though slightly nervously lol

Yeah, I can understand. While misbehaviour is terrible for a game, the reputation and the in-game economy, I rather see 100 cheaters (etc.) go unpunished than to see one innocent player lose all time, money and effort he/she invested in the account. I got 7000 hours here. It would be absolutely devastating for me if I would lose my account.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, embershiny.1056 said:

I am the reddit poster you mentioned. After putting in a ticket with all the info I had and being polite I got nowhere. After doing that AND asking to be escalated to a supervisor it got sorted fast. I suggest doing the same.

Thank you! Could you share the mail where you asked to escalate the ticket (if you want to)?

Edited by Quadox.7834

12 hours ago, Quadox.7834 said:

I mean you mentioned Gaile Gray, a person who isn't working at Anet anymore and hasn't for over 2 years.

Well we havent hard anything to contradict what Gaile Gray said so her statment still stand even if she do not work thee anymore.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well we havent hard anything to contradict what Gaile Gray said so her statment still stand even if she do not work thee anymore.

Yeah but they restructured the whole company after that and, it seems, on orders "from above" (NCSoft).

Anyway, let's stop talking about this, it doesn't matter either way.

Edited by Quadox.7834

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I had the same problem.. I was using VPN for the first time in this game and then went afk.. when i returned the account was blocked.. so i submited support ticket (account banned). It took them 3 hours to respond me and THEY REMOVED THE BLOCK. 
This is one of the best support team i ever seen in game so far. 

• Like 1