Gems as drops?

9 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

lol what?

So dropping 2 gold which is worth "10 whatever currency" is not the same as dropping "10 currency"

So the 1 mouse click is the absolute difference maker between insanity and reality

It's funny, because even if we assume you're correct in this assumption then you're just arguing over nothing. Or -as you've just put it yourself- over 1 mouse click. 🙄

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

I am pretty sure they can link their equation how much to drop to the gold marked

Sure, they could but that's irrelevant. Plus, it would be an absurd thing to do just to implement something that isn't necessary and actually negatively affects their business model. 

I mean, let's start at the basics here shall we? What is the reason Anet should have gems drop ingame as rewards, keeping in mind that 1) gold is the preferred currency of literally everyone and 2) you can't by kitten with gems ingame in the first place. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

• Farm guild halls daily
  • Park alts at the end of jumping puzzles
  • Do your dailies
  • Farm home instance daily. If yours isn't full, ask to join someone's in map chat during reset

All of this can be done in ~30 minutes or less  at the start of each play session. Add in daily fractals and you should have plenty of gold at the end of each month to convert into gems. 

Bonus Tip: If you need a lot of gold quickly and have spare spirit shards, these are arguably the quickest way to make gold in the game. The more gold you have, the quicker you can earn it by doing conversions. 

When I was saving up for my griffon, converting Destroyer cores into Lodestones was providing a massive profit of 1+ gold per conversion. I was easily able to earn 220 gold in 2 days by buying cores in mass off the tp and converting them. This method isn't as effective as it was back then, but you still see profits of around ~30-60 silver per conversion. 

Sites I like to use are

GW2 profits - to see what's most profitable at the moment

and 

GW2 spidy - GW2 STONKS. For when I want to track the price of an item over time. This way I don't end up posting a sell order for something right when the price is about to drop and it ends up taking forever to sell. 

•