The greed, strong with you it is

I honestly feel like alot of OP's criticisms are pretty valid. But it's not the first time concerns like this have been raised, and it won't be the last. But Anet will just wait it out, as usual. Especially with the high amount of gatekeeping prevalent in official forums. Happens in almost every game.

• Thanks 1

I disagree.  Sure, the OP is unhappy with the value of some items in game, but pretty much everything that is criticized is optional.  Which means players can either purchase these items or not; the decision does not impact the ability to play the game and complete content.

There are many things that I want in real life, but have determined that the cost of them is not justified.  But that's me.  That doesn't make the corporations that provide those goods/services "greedy".

24 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I disagree.  Sure, the OP is unhappy with the value of some items in game, but pretty much everything that is criticized is optional.  Which means players can either purchase these items or not; the decision does not impact the ability to play the game and complete content.

There are many things that I want in real life, but have determined that the cost of them is not justified.  But that's me.  That doesn't make the corporations that provide those goods/services "greedy".

With few exceptions, most things in life are optional. That hardly qualifies as an argument towards someone being greedy or not.

However, when some things are overprized, based on the actual effort it took to create those things, then the term greedy can be considered. And especially the Glowing-Eye things do fit this criteria perfectly.

Lootboxes are a whole nother giant to tackle. Developers and Publishers know exactly what those do to some people, and they try to dodge legislation hard, because it is so lucrative.

No, but it does qualify.  If a producer highly inflates prices for something that is needed, then it could easily be said that the producer is being greedy because the purchaser is forced to pay the price for the necessary item.  Optional items have no such constraints.  What you might define as over priced, many others may not agree.  A good or service will be dependent upon what people are willing to spend for it, regardless of whether or not you or I believe it to be priced too high.  Some people will just be unable to afford it.

We could get into an entire discussion of market forces and price points, but that is outside of the original premise.  Unless you are advocating that the purchaser should set the price at a point that is desirous which might then make producing the good or service un-affordable for the company producing it?

I'd prefer not to get into the lootbox argument as that opens an entirely different thread of discussion, much of which can be found using the forums search feature.

• Like 1