Facet of Nature (Demon) - Herald - Selfmurder skill

SeTect.5918

Hey all,

"Facet of Nature", the F2 skill of Herald, when on legendary demon you will transfer conditions to yourself from teammates. Actually a pretty cool skill because you can transfer then to the enemy. But if you are in fractals or something this can lead to...a suicide.
Examples:
One time in Volcanic i used it and got 30 burn stacks on me and that...would be no problem but it was after i already transfered like 20 stacks already. Due to Draconic Echo you will still transfer them to yourself after you used "True Nature". - I exploded.
Example 2:
Today in fractals in Molten Furnace at the furnace part when it opens, i used it and got 28 stacks on me and lost 50% of my hp within 1 second.

I liked the change of the stunbreak change so its not a selfmurder skill anymore. Well it still is but it is less.
So i suggest to give 25% incoming condi dmg reduce when facet of nature(demon) is active. in PvE only obv. In WvW maybe 5% because when playing in a zerg.

This was just a suggestion but there are maybe also other options than doing this. I just dont want to murder myself when i use a combo of Condi Herald, Pact of Pain and Draconic Echo.
I also dont want a change of Pact of Pain or less condition transfer from Facet of Nature because this can increase the low damage of Herald due to condition transfers.

Also "Permeating Pestilence" wont save you because u have to stand close to the enemy AND "Invoke Torment" takes like one and a half second to activate so you transfer the conditions just too late.

Would love to hear other opinions about Facet of Nature (Demon) from players and thx for reading.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Dont forget, Pain Absorbtion is a selfkill skill too.  Maybe a trait would be needed like "reduce incoming condition damage by 33%"

Well yea they gave it the new boon that reduces incoming condition damage by 33%. Its still a selfkill skill tho. But Facet of Nature is even more because it moves more conditions to u.

All Youtubers said that Pain Absorbtion is a selfkill skill bc no more resistance but no one said anything to Facet of Nature.
People just dont care about this elite spec. It was not even mentioned in the may 11 patch, also druid was not.

Also they said that renegade will overperform due to torment change. I dont mind if they nerf it bc of that. But they did nothing to shortbow, they just nerfed mace and axe and demon skills.
Condi Herald: Hello????

They nerfed condi Herald more then Renegade even if Herald was not even mentioned in the whole patch notes.

However...
Facet of Nature needs something like Pain Absorbtion got...i killed myself again today in fractals due to 20 burn stacks on me that were moved from teammates to me. i couldnt clean them because of Draconic Echo.

• Thanks 1

I would prefer they just remove the "pull conditions to yourself" entirely from Facet of Nature - Demon now.  Instead, a -20% or -33% condition damage would be preferable and would continue to make sense thematically with the spec.  This would allow a cHerald to get to -50% condi damage reduction while in Mallyx while devoting energy to upkeep, which seems fair overall and also removes the possibility for Mallyx to kill itself while channeling FoN. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I would prefer they just remove the "pull conditions to yourself" entirely from Facet of Nature - Demon now.  Instead, a -20% or -33% condition damage would be preferable and would continue to make sense thematically with the spec.  This would allow a cHerald to get to -50% condi damage reduction while in Mallyx while devoting energy to upkeep, which seems fair overall and also removes the possibility for Mallyx to kill itself while channeling FoN. 

I get your idea but i Always used this to increase my dps in fractals.

And it could maybe end up in people cry in wvw about Herald

Tbh i dont know what they could do.

Removing the condition transfer from teammates to u will decrease the Already low damage of herald. Well they could remove that and do the thing u said and make that a herald trait like...the one that gives 120 concentration and +1% dmg per boon, also affects condi.

But idk, just an idea.

I like ur idea too, if they buff overall dmg then so i dont lose dmg bc herald condi is Already low.

50 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

I get your idea but i Always used this to increase my dps in fractals.

And it could maybe end up in people cry in wvw about Herald

Tbh i dont know what they could do.

Removing the condition transfer from teammates to u will decrease the Already low damage of herald. Well they could remove that and do the thing u said and make that a herald trait like...the one that gives 120 concentration and +1% dmg per boon, also affects condi.

But idk, just an idea.

I like ur idea too, if they buff overall dmg then so i dont lose dmg bc herald condi is Already low.

Well, I hate to be that person, but that is the price of taking Draconic Echo. Wonky synergy? Yes I do think so, but at the very least you have the option to trait into something else, or slot a cleanse, shout out for a cleanse to your group, etc. To a certain degree this risk has always existed unless you are specifically building into resistance or planning your energy around using Pain Absorption.

As boring as @LucianTheAngelic.7054's idea is about having it reduce condition damage, I do like it, but I just think that your example is a bit too specific and inflexible to warrant them changing it. I personally don't think FoN-D is nearly as much of an issue as Pain Absorption is because it is not attached to a stunbreak, has a very fast cast time, and *guarantees* 2-3 condis will be removed from you regardless of it hitting a target. Although I am not really opposed to a change like Lucian's, I fear that the change to resistance is just a precursor to ANet completely watering down Mallyx's flavor, and IMO Facet of Nature/True Nature - Demon were both really wonderful implementations of giving it some more of that unique flavor and a mechanic that not many classes have access to. I know "but flavor" isn't really a solid argument in itself, but to an extent I think it's still important in order to preserve the identity of a class/build/legend/etc.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
Forgot words.

8 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Well, I hate to be that person, but that is the price of taking Draconic Echo. Wonky synergy? Yes I do think so, but at the very least you have the option to trait into something else, or slot a cleanse, shout out for a cleanse to your group, etc. To a certain degree this risk has always existed unless you are specifically building into resistance or planning your energy around using Pain Absorption.

As boring as @LucianTheAngelic.7054's idea is about having it reduce condition damage, I do like it, but I just think that your example is a bit too specific and inflexible to warrant them changing it. I personally don't think FoN-D is nearly as much of an issue as Pain Absorption is because it is not attached to a stunbreak, has a very fast cast time, and *guarantees* 2-3 condis will be removed from you regardless of it hitting a target. Although I am not really opposed to a change like Lucian's, I fear that the change to resistance is just a precursor to ANet completely watering down Mallyx's flavor, and IMO Facet of Nature/True Nature - Demon were both really wonderful implementations of giving it some more of that unique flavor and a mechanic that not many classes have access to. I know "but flavor" isn't really a solid argument in itself, but to an extent I think it's still important in order to preserve the identity of a class/build/legend/etc.

Well if you trait into Something else u can choose between a useless heal and strike damage...if u swap out draconic echo. 

And yea the risk was Always there but anyway i am not fine with it that there is a way to kill urself that fast. 

There should be Something to avoid this without changing the mechanic if transfering conditions.

My view is they should just rework the entire Mallyx legend, since it was originally designed to be something that draws power from conditions, and that's clearly a direction the game is moving away from. Perhaps it could just consume boons instead to increase condition output.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I like how this post is primarily about PvE and yet some people still need to self insert their WvW opinions as if it's not something that can't be skill split

I don't think I have ever died to condis in PvE, do damaging condis from enemies even exist there?

Tho the better question is why OP is using condi Herald in PvE

• Confused 5