Guild Hall Arena

Since you’re changing the EotM arena soon, can you please look into changing the guild hall arena to either PvP or WvW balance so that guildies can practise, have private GvGs etc . Currently you can’t test anything/fight fairly in the guild hall because the balance is so different from the competitive game modes.
It’s not like you do any actual pve in the halls so there’s not really any downside to a balance change. It’d be a great update for friends to help friends learn the combat system and gets people using guild halls again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They should just set the entire guild hall to use WvW balance since no other combat can happen in there, and maybe make it so you can exit the arena but remain in PvP mode, effectively enabling you to use the entire hall as an arena.

It'd give guild halls an incredible purpose, but I doubt they'll do it because then too many players would be in instances and the devs have expressed concern about that.

(Basically, it makes the open world look unpopulated.)

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

They should just set the entire guild hall to use WvW balance since no other combat can happen in there, and maybe make it so you can exit the arena but remain in PvP mode, effectively enabling you to use the entire hall as an arena.

It'd give guild halls an incredible purpose, but I doubt they'll do it because then too many players would be in instances and the devs have expressed concern about that.

100%! The guild hall would be so useful like that.

Regarding the concern of open world looking unpopulated, that ideology doesn’t really stand when they make new lounges like mistlock or armistice where people already afk  lol 

As it stands there is zero usefulness or reason to be in a guild hall other than for crafting siege if you’re a wvw player. Being able to test builds and give guildies training in a “safe” environment would just be so practical. Guilds have worked hard and spent hundreds (thousands?) of gold to level up guild halls only for them to then have zero use which is a shame really considering just a simple balance change would bring so much usefulness. 

Edited by Faolain.2374
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

This was already suggested a loooooooooong time ago and I am pretty sure the devs said there was some technical difficulty with doing it - no idea why since it's just another instance, but apparently there was.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

This was already suggested a loooooooooong time ago and I am pretty sure the devs said there was some technical difficulty with doing it - no idea why since it's just another instance, but apparently there was.

I'm wondering if it is due to the fact that it would interfere with the Capture event to obtain the guildhall in the first place i.e. you cannot have a map with PVE combat settings and then swap to WvW/PvP combat settings?

Edited by Andy.5981

1 hour ago, Andy.5981 said:

I'm wondering if it is due to the fact that it would interfere with the Capture event to obtain the guildhall in the first place i.e. you cannot have a map with PVE combat settings and then swap to WvW/PvP combat settings?

As far as I remember the problem was that they couldn't change single maps which are part of the PVE-world-map separately to PvP- or WvW-balance without a large rework of the underlying system.