Please help me to get ready for fractals

hmmz.4186

Hello,

I haven't played in a couple of years now. I've been playing again since 3 weeks now, mostly doing the new (for me) zones, getting currency here and there.

I think the best chances I would have with Alacrigade, so I'd like some help with a gear progression path for the diviner armor. From my understanding the accessoeries I can buy with winterberries, but what about the weapons and the armor?

And is it better to start out with exotics or should I just accumulate more materials and craft ascended stuff right away?

I know there is wiki aswell, but I find it rather confusing to get all the information from there, so I was hoping some people can just point me out where to go, what to farm and what meta's/bosses to do.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

The wiki is actually a great tool, if you’re wanting to do fracs as alacren you’re going to want full diviner’s. You either will have to buy them from fractal vendor, raid vendor or craft them, and to craft them you need Thunderhead Keep from season 4. Do the meta, you’re going to need the jewels that drop from it.

You can only get ring, earring and back item from winterberries. And only one of each. Lake Doric is easy to farm for an amulet and maybe ring? If you have laurels you can also buy diviner’s from the vendor that sells the patterns in Thunderhead. You’re going to need laurels for the recipes as well so keep that in mind.

• Like 2

If you have PoF expac, you may just complete the "Raise the Banner" collection, and you will get one free ascended backpiece. If you have 3 characters,  and if you made 3 different factions choices, you may get up to 4 free ascended backpieces. Selectable stats, of course.

Check out snowcrows, metabsttle, the wiki under benchmarks, there’s tons of info out there as far as builds go. They’ll all show you what gear, consumables, builds/traits to use and specifically their rotations. 

Later on if you want to get into the nitty gritty you can dabble with arc dps.

Metabattle is fine for Alacrigade build.  Discretize is generally the best resource for high end fractal info/builds though.  That being said, there's probably some updates due to both sites to some degree since the patch change, but fortunately it doesn't seem to matter much for your standard Alacrigade.  

The learning curve for Alacrigade is pretty forgiving for getting into Fractals, but the Diviner gear is definitely a relatively hefty grind compared to most gear sets since you need Exquisite Serpentine Jewels.  Since you can only get so many of these each day, you're pretty time-gated unless you can just get all gear with selectable stats.

1 hour ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Metabattle is fine for Alacrigade build.  Discretize is generally the best resource for high end fractal info/builds though.  That being said, there's probably some updates due to both sites to some degree since the patch change, but fortunately it doesn't seem to matter much for your standard Alacrigade.  

The learning curve for Alacrigade is pretty forgiving for getting into Fractals, but the Diviner gear is definitely a relatively hefty grind compared to most gear sets since you need Exquisite Serpentine Jewels.  Since you can only get so many of these each day, you're pretty time-gated unless you can just get all gear with selectable stats.

The jewels aren’t too expensive but pretty easy to get if you’re already grinding the brandstone. The metas give a decent amount. If you’re fortunate enough to play with someone else with no need of them that helps too. 

I had the jewels before all the brandstone I believe. 

And yeah as as far as the build goes itself there’s very little variance due to the nature of only having 5 skills per legend. The only difference as far as traits goes is when to use Swift Termination over Dance of Death. I have dance of death to be better for raids and higher dmg when some sites almost always put Swift termination as the go to.

Edited by Clex Mix.7624

3 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

The jewels aren’t too expensive but pretty easy to get if you’re already grinding the brandstone. The metas give a decent amount. If you’re fortunate enough to play with someone else with no need of them that helps too. 

I had the jewels before all the brandstone I believe. 

Yea, brandstone might be a limit, depending on how much and how you've been playing, but either way, it's a lot slower and more difficult to get than something like Berserker's that you can just buy everything you need from the TP.

For fractals use discretize (https://discretize.eu/builds) not snowcrows. People that use snowcrows put themselves at a severe disadvantage because they overcap boon duration and crit chance (unless you don't use potions).

The only thing you can really use on snowcrows is the calculator for gear, as there is a checkbox for fractals ( https://snowcrows.com/gearoptimizer/ ).

8 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Yea, brandstone might be a limit, depending on how much and how you've been playing, but either way, it's a lot slower and more difficult to get than something like Berserker's that you can just buy everything you need from the TP.

Meh, the brandstone isn’t too hard. Do the metas and hearts each day on any 80’s you have. Do the 25nodes per day it’s pretty quick. But yeah bloods are fairly easy to come by or yes purchased on TP.  I mostly try to keep mats on hand.