Gem sales in UK?

Yeah dead right.  I have been a loyal customer from the very start and deserve to be included in any offers available.  It's not fair to exclude people because of their location in the world.  You sold the game to us in the UK, you take our money for gems from the UK.  Where is our reward A-Net?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tortoiseshell Sweep.3265 said:

The sale in Europe was on sites selling in Euros. When I switched to GBP they weren't discounting them (if they even had any in stock).

PayPal auto converts the currency. 

And it was EU sale as in Europe, not Union 

Edited by Jin.8501
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tortoiseshell Sweep.3265 said:

The sale in Europe was on sites selling in Euros. When I switched to GBP they weren't discounting them (if they even had any in stock).

When I bought gems during the Europe discount, it worked as a user in the uk. Even when switching to GBP, and paying with PayPal. 
So I doubt we will get a uk only sale as a result, when they do it by regions and the server is the EU one for the uk. 

I was able to buy gems at the discounted price during the sale too, and I'm in the UK.

There were a lot of problems with the sale though, I know some sites were apparently only selling a fixed number of gem codes at the discounted price and when those ran out they went back to selling them at full price so maybe that's what happened?

19 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I was able to buy gems at the discounted price during the sale too, and I'm in the UK.

Ok, fair enough then. It didn't work for me sadly. I went to gamecardsdirect and added the card to my basket at 40 EUR, and when I went to pay it changed it to 40 GBP. That's about 5% less than the normal 42.50 GBP on the gemstore, so I guessed it was probably a favourable currency rate or something. With a 1.5% card transaction fee, it wasn't really worth it (I didn't see a paypal option).

Having gone back to have a look today, it appears they normally sell them at 50 GBP so I guess it was a 20% discount, but when the normal price is a 15% markup it's not that great really.

I don't have much experience of buying stuff online in other currencies so I guess I must have missed something.