Question about mallyx

Axl.8924

So i heard its supposed to pass condis.

Can't you guys get resistance and still push em to enemies?

I don't see anything about mallyx changes recently, merely corruption which sounds very necro like and nerfs to poison and torment. I have no idea why they would put pvp and pve as same amount of stacks of those, sounds like a extreme nerf to a class for condi.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Confused 1

Yes it can pass some condis to enemies. 

But one of those skills are bound to "drag condis from allies to you"-skills. So does Pain Absorbtion (Mallyx Stunbreak)

Which means you can drag so many condis at once ,that you die within a second.

Resistance got changed, it doesnt help with damaging conditions anymore.

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Thanks 3

So basically its useless?

did Anet not give any consideration that changing would harm even nerf this ability?

Personally i don't like that at all if its so, since you are literally risking your own life and taking dmg it should be effective.

Edited by Axl.8924

30 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

So basically its useless?

did Anet not give any consideration that changing would harm even nerf this ability?

Personally i don't like that at all if its so, since you are literally risking your own life and taking dmg it should be effective.

Anet thought last second they could compensate it a bit through giving Pain Absorption  the additional -33% condi damage boon, but that doesnt help much , if at all. 

Overall, its a bad change that hasnt been thought through. Maybe there will be an fix or rework for those suicide skills

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mallyx traitline had a well thought synergy working resistance with the condi absorption from mates, adding the enemy condis and allowing you to collect them, if you were good enough even with Pact of Pain active... then twice transfering to the enemy through Permeating Pestilence and Mallyx version of True Nature with the addition of Herald Core Value. It was really fun to play as a roamer against all those condi cncer builds Anet seems to protect so much, like the mesmer and scourge variations, or the stealth condi thieves that put tons of condis on you and blink out of sight to scratch their bellybuttons while you try to cleanse and heal.

It was particularly satisfying to turn all that Anet lopsided "balance" against them for once. Collect, resist, bounce condis back, season with some extra torment and burning and watch em melt mostly from their own hmmmm... stuff.

Well, Anet totally messed up that synergy with the changes to Resistance and Resolution, basically destroying the main condi control worked into the Mallyx traitline and stance and probably the best counter to condi abuse builds.

I wonder if the dev team that developed and implemented this even understood how Revenant Mallyx functions. Then again, perhaps they did.

Edited by Ged Kealmen.7210
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ged Kealmen.7210 said:

Mallyx traitline had a well thought synergy working resistance with the condi absorption from mates, adding the enemy condis and allowing you to collect them, if you were good enough even with Pact of Pain active... then twice transfering to the enemy through Permeating Pestilence and Mallyx version of True Nature with the addition of Herald Core Value. It was really fun to play as a roamer against all those condi cncer builds Anet seems to protect so much, like the mesmer and scourge variations, or the stealth condi thieves that put tons of condis on you and blink out of sight to scratch their bellybuttons while you try to cleanse and heal.

It was particularly satisfying to turn all that Anet lopsidedness against them for once. Collect, resist, bounce condis back and watch em melt with their own hmmmm... "stuff".

Well, Anet totally messed up that synergy with the changes to Resistance and Resolution, basically destroying the main condi control worked into the Mallyx traitline and stance and probably the best counter to condi abuse builds.

I wonder if the dev team that developed and implemented this even understood how Revenant Mallyx was  designed to function.

I highly doubt the dev(s) responsible for this change had any regard for the impact this would have on the intricacies of certain builds, or were even aware that such builds or skills even existed. It is not just Rev sadly. Look at Signet of Renewal on Ranger, Save Yourselves! on Guardian. There was such little foresight and analysis to the change to resistance. It is embarrassing to see such a massive change to a boon done with such little care and nuance. You can't just ctrl-x past design and ctrl-v a shiny new idea without also changing the pieces around it to fit like they used to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I highly doubt the dev(s) responsible for this change had any regard for the impact this would have on the intricacies of certain builds, or were even aware that such builds or skills even existed. It is not just Rev sadly. Look at Signet of Renewal on Ranger, Save Yourselves! on Guardian. There was such little foresight and analysis to the change to resistance. It is embarrassing to see such a massive change to a boon done with such little care and nuance. You can't just ctrl-x past design and ctrl-v a shiny new idea without also changing the pieces around it to fit like they used to. 

What’s even worse is that like you said they didn’t consider Mallyx with this change.  It was literally the poster boy for Resistance and completely designed around it (the only build/class designed around it) so you would think they would have paid more attention to make sure the core gameplay of Mallyx was handled appropriately during the transition. Instead they just slapped 5s of Resolution on Pain Absorption and called it good. Omegalol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1