Seasons of the dragons achivement - no ascended weapon chest

Doing 'Seasons of the Dragons' First part. Had a terrible time doing "Buried locked chest".  I flew around DryTop during sand storm for full 15 minutes, and I find just ONE of that chest. Time runs out so fast, with next storm 40 minutes away. A long wait.

With some research, I had a site showing all chest locations with image . A 'show all names' setting checked. Go for 2nd try full 15 minutes, again found ONE buried locked chest. 

Had way better luck on 3rd try. Are these chest random spawns? Or I just have to fly around and try my luck on different spots all the time. Am just going keep trying until get all 20. Hell what a pain

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Thanks Farohna.6247 Inculpatus cedo.9234
Made it pass tier 1. Appears I checked wrong setting. This object names setting lets me spot harvest nodes faster 😄

"After completing the new meta-achievement, Seasons of the Dragons, for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet."

Currently I did Gates of Maguuma, Entanglement. Under Return to Dry Top 1, I have tier 4/4  and 12/12 Objective. But no tier 2 unlocked or a prompter on how to proceeed next tiers. Anet need to mention if it is unreleased contents or else people might just go redo LWS3, LWS4, IBS. Just saying

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Currently I did Gates of Maguuma, Entanglement. Under Return to Dry Top 1, I have tier 4/4  and 12/12 Objective. But no tier 2 unlocked or a prompter on how to proceeed next tiers. Anet need to mention if it is unreleased contents or else people might just go redo LWS3, LWS4, IBS. Just saying

If you check the "Seasons of the Dragons" achievement you will notice that it has 24 parts, the first one of which is "Return to Dry Top 1". The tier 1 reward is given at four points, which coincides with the four releases of new Season 2 achievements. You will have to do the next 3 weeks' achievements to unlock tier 1.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Thanks Farohna.6247 Inculpatus cedo.9234
Made it pass tier 1. Appears I checked wrong setting. This object names setting lets me spot harvest nodes faster 😄

"After completing the new meta-achievement, Seasons of the Dragons, for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet."

The letter one receives does state 'weeks' and the HUD display specifically counts down the days/minutes to the next release. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:12 AM, medivh.4725 said:

Are these chest random spawns? Or I just have to fly around and try my luck on different spots all the time. Am just going keep trying until get all 20. Hell what a pain

There are a bunch of regular locations around the map, but which locations get the chests changes every sandstorm.

People have already given you good advice about game settings and the "show all usable object names" thing. If you use TacO, there are paths that will guide you directly to all the possible sites for the chests. Like I say, not all of the possible locations will actually have a chest - but it's faster than running around randomly.

(Insert standard disclaimer here: TacO is a third-party program, not endorsed by GW2/Anet, use at your own risk, guarantee void in Tennessee etc.)

• Like 1