Rust Frenzy (Earth+Sword 3) is kind of bad. How would you change it?

Aodlop.1907

As the other double attuned sword skills are single strikes, I'd probably change Rust Frenzy to be a single strike instead of the channeled four strike. One change would be to reduce the base damage/condition applies by an amount (maybe half the damage, and reduce bleeding applied to 5 or 6) but allow it to also inflict a couple stacks of Vulnerability and Weakness on hit. It fits thematically with it being a "rust" skill. Unfortunately since those two debuffs are so linked in with the Air trait line now, I don't see it happening.

Maybe changing it to its a two hit attack, the first a short immobilize to hold the opponent in place and the second drills in the damage/condi applied. As it is right now, using Rust Frenzy is pretty bad to use even on a disabled opponent, but adding the Immob might make it actually worth double attuning to earth... ...eh... not really... and ANet would probably just make it a cripple.

If Lava Skin wasn't as good as it is, I'd say place some sort of defense boon on the double attuned Earth skill since Earth is so focused on protection. What sucks is that, I believe technically its supposed to deal more damage overtime than even Quantum Strike but because of its current locked channel and the fact that double Earth is probably the worst attunement combo means very few people will every use it. Even on Condi Builds its usually better to just rotate between Fire/Fire and Fire/Earth instead of ever fully committing to Earth.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Like 2

A few ideas for improving sword weaver:

- Reduce cast times for all dual skills plus Weave Self/Tailored Victory to 1/2s.

- Add 1s immob and 1.5s quickness to Rust Frenzy.

- Convert Gale Strike to a 450 range pull.

- Remove root requirement from Tailored Victory.

- Increase range on Natural Frenzy and Shearing Edge to 900.

- Convert Twin Strike to a whirl combo with a 2s ice field.

• Like 1

There a number of ele skills that should not root for there effect. I persionly would like to see churn let you move during its channel. Just image the panic that would cause ppl seeing an d/d ele running at some one with super speed with a churn channeling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1