Guild Wars 2 Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire

Valtanders.5032

Forging Steel

is this content dead?

will something be done with this? I say scale it to 1 or 2 players like DRM
I say it because, if someone wants to do that content,in its current state it is impossible
I tried it at various times with the LFG and from Monday to Sunday nothing appears
I enter the instance( in public) I do the waiting events and nobody enters
I put a search in the LFG and nothing

I say it is not very old content, it is barely a year old and it is discarded and abandoned

Would it be possible to lower the reward (I don't remember if it was good) depending on the number of people participating, and that it be possible to make it from 1 player (the current painful state) to 10 players (as planned by the developers)?😞

Edited by Valtanders.5032
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your information

after 2 months of trying (Forging Steel), I managed to complete the instance with another 2 people, it took us 45 min😅 I consider the reward good 1 gold with 50 ,silver some materials (green and blue) and 10 shards of prophecy

but most likely people won't do it for the duration, not for the reward

the reward is very similar to a SM of less than 10 min duration

I will try to do it alone But from what I saw in the battle against Ancient Forgeman, I think it would be difficult if not impossible for an average player like me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Valtanders.5032 said:

after 2 months of trying (Forging Steel), I managed to complete the instance with another 2 people, it took us 45 min😅 I consider the reward good 1 gold with 50 ,silver some materials (green and blue) and 10 shards of prophecy

I will try to do it alone But from what I saw in the battle against Ancient Forgeman, I think it would be difficult if not impossible for an average player like me.

The forgeman does not heal back if you die. Anyone can do it - it just takes a lot of time. Although some of the mechanics of that fight indeed do not scale all that well down to one person, which makes soloing that a pain for an average player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valtanders.5032 said:

Are you in the tank breaking the bar.  The tank 3 skill (which has to not only be clicked on with the mouse, but held down, not just clicked) will break the bar and then it dies much faster. It doesn't really take that long solo as long as you know the fight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Are you in the tank breaking the bar.  The tank 3 skill (which has to not only be clicked on with the mouse, but held down, not just clicked) will break the bar and then it dies much faster. It doesn't really take that long solo as long as you know the fight.

If you are solo, you can't really prevent the tank from being damaged by Forgeman's fire barrages (because it takes 2 people to raise the shields). It means tank spends most of the time being in destroyed state. And while it is in destroyed state, you can't enter it and use its skills.

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you are solo, you can't really prevent the tank from being damaged by Forgeman's fire barrages (because it takes 2 people to raise the shields). It means tank spends most of the time being in destroyed state. And while it is in destroyed state, you can't enter it and use its skills.

It takes a bit of practice to get it down, but you just have to pick up a scrap toward the end and heal it when it makes it way back. It doesn't have to be fully healed, after all, just not completely gone.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can use the scrap metal to repair the tank without issue.

The 2 important parts of running solo are:

1. close portals asap, ideally before enemies spawn

2. use skill 3 from the tank to break the defiance bar for more damage

It is absolutely possible to 2 phase the final fight as solo player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You can use the scrap metal to repair the tank without issue.

The 2 important parts of running solo are:

1. close portals asap, ideally before enemies spawn

2. use skill 3 from the tank to break the defiance bar for more damage

It is absolutely possible to 2 phase the final fight as solo player.

It certainly is. The boss is one of the easiest and fastest part of the whole instance.

• Like 1

this thread was moved to the living world

quite ironic if you ask me🥴

well I did the instance alone, in just 1 hour 30 ... that's why this content is not worth it

do not get me wrong, the story the gameplay is very fun to play but it's not worth it

Now I don't know if it's my perception, but I think this map should have been an open instance? I say it because of the wood and mytrhil to collect

• 1 month later...

As a new player, I've spent 3 days looking for a Forging Steel group just so I can proceed with the story.   I post in Map and even listed a group; yes, you "can" do it solo but I'm just an average player who struggles even in the open world solo.  (I tried it alone a few times and just die over and over.)   I've even tried to join the "public" one in case someone else shows up?  Nope, never...  I've been told most people do "NOT" do this one unless you can find a nice mentor who is just being helpful or stumble across someone who is doing the story (which is unlikely since most people are well past the content).    They either need to really make it solo or give some mentor rewards for this one (or any older required content).  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ppl appears but take more time, i suggest put a LFG and starting doing something else(like farm or explore map) while wait.

i did this and completed ALL achievments(thats requires LOTs of runs). it takes 2~3 weeks, patience is the key.

another thing to help is this instance doenst need a full group, u can start run with few ppl and maintain a LFG.

The reward is on average to good, so ppl appears even for some extra-loot.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416