Give Herald 5 man quickness

ZeftheWicked.3076

4 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I speak of what most players deal with - Pugs and HFB+alac (and often bannerslave) team comp requirement. 

You don't know what most players deal with ... and even if that's true, those players ALREADY have a solution to the problem you are talking about. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Oh and what would that solution be?

How you decide to team with people. I mean, you keep telling me your talking about PUGs ... except I know that. THAT"S the problem ... teaming with PUGs that want optimal play. That has nothing to do with how a class is designed. If you CHOOSE to play with optimal play PUGS, there isn't a problem that Anet needs to fix for you. If you choose that route, you already decided how YOU want to play doesn't matter to you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

There is a difference between plain pug bias for meta picks and a spec just being plain D tier, where pity groups are needed to let you see some action.

As it stands Herald is bottom tier in 5 man group content. And it's not ppl being meta-sheep or a-holes, it's the cold, hard truth. A fairly balanced profession will handle itself in the wild when it's time to group. Herald won't, because:

1. His boonshare is redundant. Firebrand will give his team most if not all the boons herald can, with quickness on top!

2. His DPS is dysmal - 30k tops. Even power reaper, who's basically the walking benchmark for how low can you go but still get the dps slot does 4k more.

Even when you try to combine both aspects and sell him as supportive dps he still loses cause quickness condibrand and power quickness chrono lose by barely 1k dps while providing far more impactful support (quickness, aegis).
And that's not to mention absolute stomp that is condi scourge (35k dps with barriers) or renegade (41k dps with team alac and might stacking).

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

As it stands Herald is bottom tier in 5 man group content.

IF this is true, it's not a problem. IN a game where there are optimal choices, something is always at the bottom. What's even better, nothing about how the game is designed prevents it's use, EVEN if it's on the bottom. This is why GW2 is a superior game offering for people that want to play how they want. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

And that pretty much removes you from this conversation.
Your own bias (which you so adamantly accuse me of) couldn't be any more apparent.

You're fine with herald being stuck in a ditch, I'm not. There is no room for further discussion between us.

Your positions are very far apart and the conversation is somewhat at cross-purposes.  You (Zef) are trying to address a question of what changes need to be made to achieve balance re Herald (and your specific suggestions in particular).  Obtena appears to be arguing that balance is not necessary.

Anet appear to believe that at least some degree of balance (in general) among professions is desirable....simply by virtue of the comments in their balance patch notes where they give reasons for their rebalancing.  See the references to "overperforming" and the like - they seem to regard having diversity of builds as desireable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Your own bias (which you so adamantly accuse me of) couldn't be any more apparent.

Except there isn't a bias ... I'm just recognizing how the game works. I'm of the belief that whatever balance Anet want's ... is being worked towards ... and it has nothing to do with having a whole bunch of equivalent performance meta builds over all classes for whatever role you want to play.

There is lots of evidence to suggest that POV is correct and I've provided those evidence to you. If Herald wasn't 'balanced' to Anet's satisfaction, we know they can see that and change it; we see these changes EVERY balance patch. That's not bais, that's just obvious from paying attention to balance history for 8 years. What is also not biased is that if you don't want to be told what to play by Optimal Play PUGs ... you don't have to choose to play that way. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nope.

Reasons why:

1. Health of the game -Herald can take multiple roles as a support, so it doesn't need to be buffed as it's already flexible enough.

2. Balance -if you want to pick supportive build then herald is fine, if you want to pick pure dps then there's no reason to pick herald seeing what his kit offers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

funny, I just made a team with 4 condi dps plus me as boon/healing herald for 4 day, the group fill much faster also it went much more smoothly than "meta comp" . 

Even when I want to play my main Character --"HB" , I usually take 4 any classes with me and we don't have any problems. 

As solo support,  the only down site as herald is if you choose to use jails instead of ventari to give stab for some annoying boss fight, you gonna sacrifice alacrity output, but if you have a mirage , you can let him fill the gap. 

Support herald maintain permanent boons from glint facet, healing orb trait and alacrity (as long as you spam Nature harmony), also extend boons that provide by other dps class for 3 more sec, plus superior healing/condi cleanse. Stop saying it's useless just because you guys  don't know how to play this spec. 

And last thing, you can finish fractal t4 or raid "without alacrity or quickness or both", it's really stupid to judge spec by this. it also make you tunnel vision to see this game. Most people in lfg just keep looking for "hb , alacrigate" , but that doesn't means you have to follow this path. You can play herald and be really useful when you know how it works and which class you should have to help you in the instance content. 

STOP BEING A kittenING USELESS 🐑 

Edited by Rodrick.1942
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1