Anet needs to fix this gamemode

Every time I come back to play this game mode I see that it just keeps getting worse or the problems are cycled through with each patch. Any change that anet makes, fixes nothing about the core issues about pvp. This gamemode is not worth playing anymore and I cant imagine how bad it is for new players. The only way to compete is to be a meta slave and to play the few viable specs. Right now I'm going to meta slave a scourge because all you do is aoe, kill stuff and not die. its very easy to be useful to your team that way. Ill get my pips for this season and never touch this game mode until I'm forced to again.

I really think anet killed pvp with elite specs and the power creep that came with them, especially the pof specs. I would start by toning down the elite specs to make them on par with the base game classes, in terms of power. Then I would make sure each spec has its own distinct identity for what it can bring to a fight. For example, scourge should be primarily supporting and doing less damage. Instead of giving each spec multiple possible builds, because then it becomes to difficult to balance. I doubt anet would do anything I mentioned because they are probably worried people wont buy expansion packs due to the elite specs being as strong as core specs. 

I do criticize this game mode a lot, because it objectively sucks kitten, but I tried to give a solution or a fix it at least. People can tell me how wrong am I as much as you want, but you cant deny that pvp has really bad balancing issues that make it less fun. Theres a good reason the devs themselves make fun of pvp. They know only a fraction of the player base actually plays this game, but i would argue because that's their fault for not making it fun to play and making it imbalanced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, VoidNard.7206 said:

Every time I come back to play this game mode I see that it just keeps getting worse or the problems are cycled through with each patch. Any change that anet makes, fixes nothing about the core issues about pvp. This gamemode is not worth playing anymore and I cant imagine how bad it is for new players. The only way to compete is to be a meta slave and to play the few viable specs. Right now I'm going to meta slave a scourge because all you do is aoe, kill stuff and not die. its very easy to be useful to your team that way. Ill get my pips for this season and never touch this game mode until I'm forced to again.

I really think anet killed pvp with elite specs and the power creep that came with them, especially the pof specs. I would start by toning down the elite specs to make them on par with the base game classes, in terms of power. Then I would make sure each spec has its own distinct identity for what it can bring to a fight. For example, scourge should be primarily supporting and doing less damage. Instead of giving each spec multiple possible builds, because then it becomes to difficult to balance. I doubt anet would do anything I mentioned because they are probably worried people wont buy expansion packs due to the elite specs being as strong as core specs. 

I do criticize this game mode a lot, because it objectively sucks kitten, but I tried to give a solution or a fix it at least. People can tell me how wrong am I as much as you want, but you cant deny that pvp has really bad balancing issues that make it less fun. Theres a good reason the devs themselves make fun of pvp. They know only a fraction of the player base actually plays this game, but i would argue because that's their fault for not making it fun to play and making it imbalanced.

Thing is its not that classes can do more than 1 thing  as long as its not doing it more than one thing really well at once with a build, like: Be amazing Sustain and have incredibly high dmg or amazing support when build for dmg, because said support often comes with amazing sustain.

They just need to make it so you have to build for it to sacrifice dmg to be a great support by overhauling the lines.

• Like 1

""

Thing is its not that classes can do more than 1 thing  as long as its not doing it more than one thing really well at once with a build, like: Be amazing Sustain and have incredibly high dmg or amazing support when build for dmg, because said support often comes with amazing sustain.

They just need to make it so you have to build for it to sacrifice dmg to be a great support by overhauling the lines.""

Finally someone tells something right!

The fundamental problem affects PvE as well. The game is just unbalanced with regard to classes. You won't see much demand in raids or strikes for non-power classes. 

If the game was balanced then you would not see long wait times in the queue for PvP as there is very limited interest in playing a game where your favorite toon has almost no chance to compete.

The game was broken from the start when they did everything to make it NOT Guild Wars 1.

Edited by Lightfoot.5438
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VoidNard.7206 said:

Compare the PvE population vs PvP population and you can see how successful it really is

In every mmorpg the pve population is much much higher than the pvp one. That does not make the pvp "objectively" bad, its niche.

Edited by razaelll.8324

8 hours ago, Lightfoot.5438 said:

The fundamental problem affects PvE as well. The game is just unbalanced with regard to classes. You won't see much demand in raids or strikes for non-power classes. 

If the game was balanced then you would not see long wait times in the queue for PvP as there is very limited interest in playing a game where your favorite toon has almost no chance to compete.

The game was broken from the start when they did everything to make it NOT Guild Wars 1.

The game has always been this way.

Now it looks as it necro might be favored but before that it was mesmers eles and guardians and thiefs.

It would really help if each type of role on class had at least multiple counters. Some have 1 counter total, and thats just not good. Some of it is due to nerfing into oblivion a class.

1 hour ago, Marxx.5021 said:

Prevent class stacking is the way to go.

It would help if they overhauled so classes which benefit from stacking get less benefit and better when being sinergy with other classes than having more of 1 class.

This particularly is a issue with necros, and Anet when they nerf they don-t fix this issue, and instead put a bandage on it while also a massacre to necro class.

Edited by Axl.8924

19 hours ago, VoidNard.7206 said:

The only way to compete is to be a meta slave and to play the few viable specs. Right now I'm going to meta slave a scourge because all you do is aoe, kill stuff and not die. its very easy to be useful to your team that way. Ill get my pips for this season and never touch this game mode until I'm forced to again.

or you can just git gud and play every build you want

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lightfoot.5438 said:

AMEN to that! With Guardians, Warlocks in every match its become ridiculous... They shield reflect, AOE, immune repeat its not even worth queing.