Pvp corruption line is overnerfed.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Corruption was about either powering up you condi damage output, or getting solid sustain when switching to mallyx,

at expense of giving up the raw damage goodies.

Recent changes however completely obliterated the latter part, making major part of this traitline dead in competitive.
Here's the current disaster in bullet list:

1. Resistance no longer protects from damaging condies. At all.

2. The boon that does (resolution) is not buffed or provided in anyway by corruption line. It still about resistance.

3. ...full 1 second of it!. Yes, both demonic defiance and fiendish tenacity (a grandmaster trait!!) provide just 1s of it.

4. any boon duration in sPvP has been throughly purged. No boon/concentration amulets, vastly nerfed upgrades.
5. Even damage reduction you get from having resistance on (full 1s of it..) is nerfed to paltry 10%.

Someone overdid it, bigtime. While I understand that sustain needed trimming down due to overall lower damage output in spvp, this nail has been hit on the head way too hard. Let's remember that power revs at the very least enjoy superior mobility and evasion compared to condi ones.

Utility and defense can also be added to the list as hammer anti projectile wall is  a thing, and staff while usable by condi builds as well, has 0 condi output, while very respectable power coefficients for a utility weapon.

Condi revs by design will eat more abuse than power counterparts and usually be forced to play on a node - the major hotzone, rather than trying to pick off single targets on the side, with little consideration about holding a point themselves.. They need the defense this line provided. If renegade is an outlier - nerf it, not the core spec!

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Now that resistance finally no longer gives immunity to damaging condis. 

I really wouldn't mind corruption giving a lot more of it. Ignoring immobilize/chill/ cripple etc seems very fitting for condi rev.

They could also return the conditions they ripped from rev, for example axe used to apply confusion, burning, chill and torment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

They could also return the conditions they ripped from rev, for example axe used to apply confusion, burning, chill and torment.

To axe 4 possibly, overall tho at least in WvW condi rev is pretty much where it should be

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

To axe 4 possibly, overall tho at least in WvW condi rev is pretty much where it should be

I wouldn't say that, I'd say the class needs a hard look at because its not nearly as fun (Any spec) as it used to be. (Excluding Renegade, I just hate renegade.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I wouldn't say that, I'd say the class needs a hard look at because its not nearly as fun (Any spec) as it used to be. (Excluding Renegade, I just hate renegade.)

Tastes differ.

Power level wise it is arguably in a stronger spot than pre-patch

It's also more fun now. 

Solo is worse ofc, but solo condi rev was always meh and solo roaming is terrible anyway

WvW ofc

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Tastes differ.

Power level wise it is arguably in a stronger spot than pre-patch

It's also more fun now. 

Solo is worse ofc, but solo condi rev was always meh and solo roaming is terrible anyway

WvW ofc

As someone who is a roamer, I find zerg play to be worse and Im basically being either told to trade up classes or dont play. Roaming is not for everyone; But its far from horrible. In all honestly mindlessly circling a huge glob of people with another huge glob and face-rolling a keyboard seems way less fun.

I think Rev is honestly in its worst state, I don't enjoy herald anymore (Power or condi) and I loathe renegade in its entirety. I've found a fun build for core which works wonders but I am sure that it'll be nerfed eventually as the core class seems to be unintended for functional play.

Im only hoping that whatever end of dragons brings for the class is neither canthan, nor ritualist/assassin themed and is something cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

As someone who is a roamer, I find zerg play to be worse and Im basically being either told to trade up classes or dont play. Roaming is not for everyone; But its far from horrible. In all honestly mindlessly circling a huge glob of people with another huge glob and face-rolling a keyboard seems way less fun.

Zerg play is ofc worse and has no redeeming qualities. 

Group Size of 3-5 is where it's at and where condi rev excels

4 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I think Rev is honestly in its worst state, I don't enjoy herald anymore (Power or condi) and I loathe renegade in its entirety. I've found a fun build for core which works wonders but I am sure that it'll be nerfed eventually as the core class seems to be unintended for functional play.

Im only hoping that whatever end of dragons brings for the class is neither canthan, nor ritualist/assassin themed and is something cool.

The thing is liking condi herald pre- patch but not post patch and not just swapping to Renegade or core kinda means one thing

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Zerg play is ofc worse and has no redeeming qualities. 

Group Size of 3-5 is where it's at and where condi rev excels

The thing is liking condi herald pre- patch but not post patch and not just swapping to Renegade or core kinda means one thing

I've never been the biggest fan of condi rev, not since the febuary patch. Just didn't feel like me anymore and I only dabbled when I wanted something different on my class. I've always been a power rev at heart I feel like; I love the move-set of sword main-hand and while I don't like sword off-hand much anymore I still enjoy the aesthetic. 

I am running core because as it stands I dislike heralds incarnation at the given moment, I love the idea of channeling glints power but just its playstyle is meh. I dislike how its slowly morphing into whatever its becoming; I dislike kalla and always have disliked kalla and renegade as a spec. Its just not me and I don't like its gameplay loop, Im hoping they'll hand me svanir or asgeir with a more power centric gameplay loop and something cool to toy with. 

to me theme is everything, and unfortunately despite my initial hype for the ritualist-lite renegade it just never felt good to me. (Shortbow is still a cool weapon though.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I've never been the biggest fan of condi rev, not since the febuary patch. Just didn't feel like me anymore and I only dabbled when I wanted something different on my class. I've always been a power rev at heart I feel like; I love the move-set of sword main-hand and while I don't like sword off-hand much anymore I still enjoy the aesthetic. 

I am running core because as it stands I dislike heralds incarnation at the given moment, I love the idea of channeling glints power but just its playstyle is meh. I dislike how its slowly morphing into whatever its becoming; I dislike kalla and always have disliked kalla and renegade as a spec. Its just not me and I don't like its gameplay loop, Im hoping they'll hand me svanir or asgeir with a more power centric gameplay loop and something cool to toy with. 

to me theme is everything, and unfortunately despite my initial hype for the ritualist-lite renegade it just never felt good to me. (Shortbow is still a cool weapon though.)

I mean condi Renegade in WvW doesn't use Kalla, especially not post nuking, it's really just core with shortbow+high dmg traitline and marginally worse F2-4

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, lodjur.1284 said:

I mean condi Renegade in WvW doesn't use Kalla, especially not post nuking, it's really just core with shortbow+high dmg traitline and marginally worse F2-4

Just don't like the spec, while I think shorbow is a neat weapon it doesn't mean I'd wana run it. I don't bang-wagon and thats whats going on right now, there is NOTHING they could ever do to get me to play renegade. Just ain't my thing~ They could even gut any other version of revenant out of existence and say "Renegade is the only way we want you to play" and I'd just stop playing lol. 

There is nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Just don't like the spec, while I think shorbow is a neat weapon it doesn't mean I'd wana run it. I don't bang-wagon and thats whats going on right now, there is NOTHING they could ever do to get me to play renegade. Just ain't my thing~ They could even gut any other version of revenant out of existence and say "Renegade is the only way we want you to play" and I'd just stop playing lol. 

There is nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me.

Fair enough, but that makes it hard to say condi rev isn't in a good spot.

Especially with both core and Renegade being in viable spots

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Fair enough, but that makes it hard to say condi rev isn't in a good spot.

Especially with both core and Renegade being in viable spots

Granted, but they really don't have much competition in the class. I mean power herald is still "Ok" but its not by any means good without extremely skilled hands. Its easy to punish, easy to read. Power and heal revenants are now kinda on the back foot as they can work, but they aren't as well built as their condi-variants.

Until we let power and support revenants get some well-deserved love and support from the team, condi-rev in some form will basically exist in every build. I mean Im running a hybrid build on core... because it feels better than power herald at any level of play.

Note Im excluding renegade, as Im sure you could run anything with the traitline and have it work. Its just all the way around one of the best traitlines revenants have access too. Paired with Jalis and either invocation/shiro/mallyx and there you go. I don't really consider renegade in the argument because as it stands now, its going to be good no matter what they do the other aspects of the class. It offers a good hybrid menagerie of benefits that make it appealing.

for those of us who don't like it, we're forced to wait and see what comes next for the class in EoD.

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1