Return to living world

Kirigato.7183

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2021 at 1:01 AM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Seasons 4 and 5 (IBS) most likely are since they’re a part of the meta achievement which the legendary amulet is tied to. 

This is what I want to clarify because the official announcement did not say anything like that.

-start-of-quote-

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

-end-of-quote-

From it, we can conclude the following:

* Free Seasons are only for 2 and 3.

* To get the Legendary Amulet, we need to complete the "new meta-achievement" for Seasons 2,3,4, and IBS.

They did not say they'll be giving away free episodes of Season 4 and IBS. From what I've seen, it's simply an assumption by players, I myself misunderstood it.

Are there any official statements regarding this? Forum reply? Tweet?

23 minutes ago, Shael.4703 said:

This is what I want to clarify because the official announcement did not say anything like that.

-start-of-quote-

Starting 25 May Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

-end-of-quote-

From it, we can conclude the following:

* Free Seasons are only for 2 and 3.

* To get the Legendary Amulet, we need to complete the "new meta-achievement" for Seasons 2,3,4, and IBS.

They did not say they'll be giving away free episodes of Season 4 and IBS. From what I've seen, it's simply an assumption by players, I myself misunderstood it.

Are there any official statements regarding this? Forum reply? Tweet?

They stated that the living world episodes will have spot light weeks where they will be free.  Nowhere does it say that this is only for seasons 2 and 3.

From the other thread on this topic:

If Seasons 4/5(The Icebrood Saga) are not part of 'Return to....' where will the NEW Meta Achievements (required for Amulet) for those Seasons come from? 

I mean, each week the News Blog says "Catch up on the story of the dragon cycle and prepare for Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons." 

It would be kind of strange to stop the 'catching up' part way through, no? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the other thread on this topic:

If Seasons 4/5(The Icebrood Saga) are not part of 'Return to....' where will the NEW Meta Achievements (required for Amulet) for those Seasons come from? 

theyre updating the meta when its turns comes, on first week the meta showed only season 1.

look at "current events" -> seasons of dragons, theres 4 tiers. 24 goals. its a lot. hardly only 2 and 3 will fill up all that goals, since in 3 each goal is a map "return to xxxx map".

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure if you are agreeing, or disagreeing.

Regardless, there's no reason to think they won't be giving all Living World Seasons (no matter what they are called) away. 

because that will make nonsense, on some post forum before this, im one that suggested something like that to bring the maximum players to LS series, and them make them "connected" with all buildup to IBS expansion, so more inclined to be interested in expansion.... if they cut IBS, the main bridge between Gw2 saga and EOD will be lost.

• Confused 1