Thank you to content creators and GW2 developers!

Hello there,

First I would like to say thank you for making this game. I didn't know about this game existed until someone showed it to me. After that, I did a one month research and decided to try and invest in this game alongside Lost Ark. Yes, I will be supporting GW2 and Lost Ark since I have a job. Not only that, have as much FUN as possible!

Also, I use to be a Warframe hardcore player. But stepped away from it because the devs has lost their way and deliver contents which are NOT to playerbase and vets. Not only that, most of the contents are recycled... it hurts me a lot. But sometime, you got to step away and judge with your wallet.

Pushing that aside, I dig a little more into GW2 and I was blown away with the 'Race' selection! They allow us to play as Beast! What are they called again? Oh yeah: Charr! When I created my first Charr avatar, I immediately fell in love with it. A lot of games has so many Humans, Elfs and etc. But creating a Charr.... OMG.... this is so cool and gives me a totally different experiences when playing GW2!

Fighting / Combat - wise. It looks waaaay better than FF Online. Its not boring and easy to pick up. Also the Mechanic class... I love that class so much! It has its quirky and fun animation. I like it a lot!

Dodging is there in GW2 and its good. Better than FF Online as well.

Finally, I can say that GW2 is not heavy heavy on Market and trading compared to BDO. GW2 is more relaxing and fun. They are less restricting than Black Desrt Online (BDO). Played BDO and my god, its no where near as good as GW2.

Oh yeah, Lost Ark is a different MMO breed. So I can't compare it. I just can't......

Looking forward to support GW2 and have fun!

Thank you GW2 devlopers! Graphics looks awsome on my 6900XT GPU! Really Beautiful..... it does!

Edited by Zero.1972
spelling mistakes
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Welcome to Tyria, @Zero.1972, we're glad you're here! If you have questions or get a little lost, we have some great resources:

• This community: They're knowledgeable and willing to help. Ask your questions here or in game and you'll get plenty of help!
  • The official wiki. It's entirely player-maintained. The contributers do a great job, you'll find help on almost anything you want to know.
  • The new player guide. I'm not sure how far along you are, but this will give you an overview of your first 20 levels. 
  • GW2Info. This is an ongoing Twitter thread of useful gameplay tips that gets added to regularly. 

Welcome again, and I hope you have fun!

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

This community: They're knowledgeable and willing to help. Ask your questions here or in game and you'll get plenty of help!

Don't you think that's presumptuous? OP, don't be surprised if you're unimpressed by what "help" you receive if you ask for help in-game.

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:
  • The official wiki. It's entirely player-maintained. The contributers do a great job, you'll find help on almost anything you want to know.

After all, at best you'll be directed here. At worst, well...just use the wiki to avoid finding out.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Don't you think that's presumptuous? OP, don't be surprised if you're unimpressed by what "help" you receive if you ask for help in-game.

Just a bit of confirmation bias perhaps?  For my experience, I've gotten a lot of help in-game when I ask for it.  I've seen posts here where players have praised the in-game community for their helpfulness.  Granted, that might be PvE -- WvW or PvP might be a completely different experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

19 hours ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

After all, at best you'll be directed here. At worst, well...just use the wiki to avoid finding out.

I don't think it's presumptuous at all. Having played quite a number of MMOs (and Guild Wars 1 which isn't an MMO but it is multiplayer), I can tell you in my experience very few games have a community that are as nice as this one. Lotro was one and Guild Wars 1 was another.  This is my experience. YMMV. But I've seen stuff in this game I've never seen in other games.

• Thanks 1