Underwater combat with fighting mounts in EOD

1. Imagine Shark mounts with their own elite spec unlocking skills for them to combat underwater bosses(sharks:berserkers) eg: Nereid
  2. Skimmer mounts not getting dismounted while doing barrelroll to heal ally shark mounts/ally players(skimmers:healers)
  3. Armor fish to take up the tank role.. not to be confused with the armor fish ranger pets
  4. Some nice mount for mage skills underwater

and if anyone start to debate why player skills arent sufficient to do underwater combat... maybe think of these as new masteries that inorder to fight in currently thawing jade sea, we need these special mounts to do combat... some lame excuse or a valid well thought out excuse to make the underwater mount combat acceptable 😋

and to mix it up... 2 skills in underwater while mounted will be mount specific attack and 2 skills are the mounter/player specific..

example: a mounted player with a lance weapon mounted on a shark could do a "bite" skill specific to shark mount and do an "accelerated jab" skill specific to player weapon. and 2 skill for mount and 2 skill for player and the middle 3rd skill is a combined form of attack involving player and the mount, something like "fang over fang" skill like how kiba and akamaru does in naruto

Shark skills:

Skill1: Bite->Raking jaws->Take a chunk(auto attack chain)

Skill2: Ramming Head(impact damage varies based on swim velocity max dmg can be set in range of 900 to 1500)

Skill3: Slice and Dice(player cuts the enemy with a weapon and the shark tries to shred the target with its sharp jaws) This skill can vary based on equipped player weapon.. it could vary for a sword and a lance

Skill4: "High Velocity Jab" swimming from 1500 range, increasing velocity of the mount, the player jabs the target with the lance(skill based on weapons)

Skill5: "Lance Cannon" while swimming at high speed toward the target, the mount makes a sudden halt and the player throws the lance and jumps off the mount but still holding the reins on the mount and kicking the lance hilt to increase the speed and impact of the lance projectile

imagining these stuff is fun.. but idk how something like this would be implemented as a combat though...

attackers shd move and swim towards the target occasionally instead of mindless button presses as they do with golem rotations.... and tanking roles should be thought similarly but tanks shd not move as they aggro the boss...

and maybe.. tanks shd play some mecchanics to maintain aggro on them like boss shd have specific aggro points on them.. like eyes, hands, head tail,.... and the tanks should occasionally attack such points on the boss to retain aggro on them and once the point is dealt enough number of attacks rather than dps value, the boss maintains aggro on the tank for specific amount of time and the tank shd move the boss to differen tspot if necessary of keep him on certain spot... like.. lead the boss to a certain well made underwater traps to enable breakbar availability or some other mechanics...

I believe the devs can build something better than this idea and get something unique rather than same old extra elite spec for player and giving one more weapon for players...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I would rather want to have new elite specs with new weapons than this. Underwater combat is horrible and boring, even with mounts. 

depends I guess.. based on how its been implemented... if u imagine current underwater combat.. with ppl crowded near the boss trying to press all dps rotation buttons like a mindless robot as they do in raid golems, it wont be fun at all... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fear.3865 said:

I think peepo wants to fight with their own skillbar.

I like underwater content, I hope one day they will fix it, but diversity among all class is needed imo. 

might be alil bit different and refreshing if we see our skyscale launching fireballs at zhaitan and griffon throwing its sharp wings at kralkatorrick.. they tried it somewhat similar with aurene and kralk fight.... idk why they didnt continue the idea.. maybe they do have the idea in reserve for EOD perhaps?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

• 1 month later...

If they did underwater combat for EoD its all already revamped. I'd imagine its possible to allow players to use any land weapon underwater but some would be slower simple because you're moving thru water and maybe the traditional water weps would be faster? Or the skills themselves have been redone. For instance Well like abilities would become aoe spheres instead. Specific weps skills like the warriors greatsword "Whirl Wind" attack wouldn't work because you're no longer sliding on the ground but it could be converted into a dart or boost forward move kind like the rangers  "Surging Maw" skill , but you kind of already have that with "Tsunami Slash" with a spear. (But its a spear and this would make use of your GS) I could see the old Spear, Harpoon gun & Trident skills being customized to the class so they no longer are the same for all classes as well. But it will be interesting to se what happens.

Edited by Kelly.7019

Underwater combat is fun and takes more situational awareness. Fighting across the X, Y and Z axis brings more possibilities to a fight & depending on how they've design it more places to hide. They already have some nice hiding spots in wvw maps underwater- i can just imagine the fun! Much like a thief getting bonuses from attacking from behind maybe some weps skills give bonuses for attacking from below or above! 😄

Oh the fun if there were thermal layers underwater that you couldn't see thru like the foggy areas of the wvw maps.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

Nice a evolution to play in zerg pressing 1, will be in zerg pressing 1 in a mount, at least everyone will be using same skill reinforce even more the picture of monotone activity.

thats why MMOS that have combat mount have the "dismount" at taking some damage, or like the more korean grind, the mount have "X" amount of life, everytime it die u lost a "mount life", and when get 0, u have to purchase the mount again.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416