The big lie

Ranger is ez, brain dead in fact.

maybe in ranked against 2 gold players, but if you wanna match and do well against top %1 players than you need to x2 that, just watch mats with ranger hard throwing anyone 1v1 they are spoon fed.

beating all these gold players doesn’t make this class ez.

it’s probably about as ez as hunter in wow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

1 minute ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranger is not a problem.

Only the trapper rune, that's it.

I know trapper is alittle kitten, but it’s so ez to counter.

trap dh even is alittle worse . That’s only cuz of stab.

it would be so good if it wasn’t for overturned necro, don’t get me wrong on that. I can say that with a clear conscience 

This can be said about any class at the end of the day. The skill cap in this game is immense. That doesn't change regardless of what class you play, but some builds will have a lower barrier to entry than others. 

Ranger falls into the category of classes that are easy to pick up, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a skilled player can't push the class beyond that. 

Compare an inexperienced player on ranger to an inexperienced player on weaver. I can name more than a few people that don't touch it because the concept of dual attunements puts them off. 

tl;dr classes can have a low skill floor but still have a high skill cap. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This can be said about any class at the end of the day. The skill cap in this game is immense. That doesn't change regardless of what class you play, but some builds will have a lower barrier to entry than others. 

Ranger falls into the category of classes that are easy to pick up, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a skilled player can't push the class beyond that. 

Compare an inexperienced player on ranger to an inexperienced player on weaver. I can name more than a few people that don't touch it because the concept of dual attunements puts them off. 

True, but what the op I think is trying to say is that ranger and Dh can eat a pile of kitten. I don't know I am not a psychologist 

39 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Idk, not sure ez to pick up and actual skill cap has an actual correlation.

things feel ez to pick up becuz they feel natural for people and hence are relatable.

I used mentioned hunter in wow, ppl love to just start off on hunter but it’s insanely hard in pvp on every level.

in fact almost every mmo I’ve ever seen have the ranger archetype as insanely hard- but people love to pick it up becuz it’s relatable 

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Idk, not sure ez to pick up and actual skill cap has an actual correlation.

things feel ez to pick up becuz they feel natural for people and hence are relatable.

I used mentioned hunter in wow, ppl love to just start off on hunter but it’s insanely hard in pvp on every level.

in fact almost every mmo I’ve ever seen have the ranger archetype as insanely hard- but people love to pick it up becuz it’s relatable 

Hunter in WoW has better pet controll than ranger in GW2.

I dont know why you have the idea that hunter is "insanely hard" in pvp, that was long time ago at the moment its very easy to play hunter in pvp, specially BM. In fact as far as i know BM is the easiest spec in the game to pick up and play and compete at decent level.

Edited by razaelll.8324

So what, you needed to tickle your ego to the point you even created a thread on the forums? Lol. Who hurt you kid, who said your class is ez?
Ranger is, just like WoW hunter, easy to play class tho. In every MMO, ranged class gonna be easier than meele class, always. It doesnt change the fact that skill floor can be high, skilled player can create diamond even out of junk. Look at LoL, you have Garen, spin2win straightforward champion, but challenger players can show you that even on such stupid champ they can outplay you in every possible aspect. 
Somebody mentioned Weaver, is it hard to play? Yes, definetly, biggest number of skills to use in the game, lots of cooldowns to remember. Is it hard to master? Depends, fireweaver prolly not, afterall its just spamming everything, procing burning and barrier, isnt it? When it comes to ranger, is it hard to play? No, safe, straightforward class with very little depth to it. Is it hard to master? Probably no too, you can play it on high level thanks to mechanical skills, just like everything else, but wouldnt say its like extremaly hard to understand how to make use of it. I would make an example of teef too, because we all know how most of teef players play and its probably the best class to make laugh out of inexperienced players, but everyone hates teefs so imma skip that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Hunter in WoW has better pet controll than ranger in GW2.

I dont know why you have the idea that hunter is "insanely hard" in pvp, that was long time ago at the moment its very easy to play hunter in pvp, specially BM. In fact as far as i know BM is the easiest spec in the game to pick up and play and compete at decent level.

Since when is beast mastery even considered competitive? Ezier than the other 2 hunter specs probably but it’s not even a consideration in the meta

I have a feeling you are talking about tbc though

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Since when is beast mastery even considered competitive? Ezier than the other 2 hunter specs probably but it’s not even a consideration in the meta

I have a feeling you are talking about tbc though

No i am not talking about tbc, and yes BM is not meta , that does not mean you cannot achieve high rating with it (2400+).

MM hunter is not that much harder either, hunter in general is not a hard class.

It was hard back in classic when you could not use traps in combat.

Edited by razaelll.8324

4 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

No i am not talking about tbc, and yes BM is not meta , that does not mean you cannot achieve high rating with it (2400+).

MM hunter is not that much harder either, hunter in general is not a hard class.

It was hard back in classic when you could not use traps in combat.

Hunter was considered extremely hard during all Azeroth.

it’s considered one the hardest possible things for a new player to play because of all the buttons.

sry I’m pretty sure you are wrong on this, except for beast mastery being ezier- however it isn’t in the realm as ez as death knight nor half the other things they could play.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Hunter was considered extremely hard during all Azeroth.

it’s considered one the hardest possible things for a new player to play because of all the buttons.

sry I’m pretty sure you are wrong on this, except for beast mastery being ezier- however it isn’t in the realm as ez as death knight nor half the other things they could play.

Well i cannot agree with that. I played WoW since 2004 and hunter was considered hard during classic. At the moment its one of the easiest classes to play specially in pve, and BM is easier than frost Dk. Frost dk is the second easiest spec to play.

The only hard think in pvp for hunter is positioning. But in SW they even gave the ability to shoot through walls ..... One of the most disliked abilities together with convoce

Edited by razaelll.8324

1 minute ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Well i cannot agree with that. I played WoW since 2004 and hunter was considered hard during classic. At the moment its one of the easiest classes to play specially in pve, and BM is easier than frost Dk. Frost dk is the second easiest spec to play.

I have never meant anyone through all Azeroth or shadowlands that would recommend hunter to a new player for pvp with a straight face.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I have never meant anyone through all Azeroth or shadowlands that would recommend hunter to a new player for pvp with a straight face.

Well you just did 🙂 many people recommend BM for new player because it easiest spec and it performs very well in pve and can be decent in pvp

When you write easiest spec in wow in youtube you will se BM together with frost dk and dh.

As i said hunter was much harder in classic when traps couldnt be used in combat and back then it was one of the hardest classes if not the hardest together with shaman.

Edited by razaelll.8324

11 hours ago, Widmo.3186 said:

So what, you needed to tickle your ego to the point you even created a thread on the forums? Lol. Who hurt you kid, who said your class is ez?
Ranger is, just like WoW hunter, easy to play class tho. In every MMO, ranged class gonna be easier than meele class, always. It doesnt change the fact that skill floor can be high, skilled player can create diamond even out of junk. Look at LoL, you have Garen, spin2win straightforward champion, but challenger players can show you that even on such stupid champ they can outplay you in every possible aspect. 
Somebody mentioned Weaver, is it hard to play? Yes, definetly, biggest number of skills to use in the game, lots of cooldowns to remember. Is it hard to master? Depends, fireweaver prolly not, afterall its just spamming everything, procing burning and barrier, isnt it? When it comes to ranger, is it hard to play? No, safe, straightforward class with very little depth to it. Is it hard to master? Probably no too, you can play it on high level thanks to mechanical skills, just like everything else, but wouldnt say its like extremaly hard to understand how to make use of it. I would make an example of teef too, because we all know how most of teef players play and its probably the best class to make laugh out of inexperienced players, but everyone hates teefs so imma skip that.

Yeah weaver the thing that basically farts out enough aoe and sustain around it to kill basically anything and barely get scratched is harder than ranger a class with very small burst windows and trash node control

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Well you just did 🙂 many people recommend BM for new player because it easiest spec and it performs very well in pve and can be decent in pvp

When you write easiest spec in wow in youtube you will se BM together with frost dk and dh.

As i said hunter was much harder in classic when traps couldnt be used in combat and back then it was one of the hardest classes if not the hardest together with shaman.

So when I looked It up and beast mastery is way stronger rn than I thought, maybe as good as tbc.

for all the other hunter specs, I believe what I said is spot on though

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

So when I looked It up and beast mastery is way stronger rn than I thought, maybe as good as tbc.

for all the other hunter specs, I believe what I said is spot on though

For survival i can agree but for MM no, in my opinion MM is like in the middle of the pack, not very hard but also not easy as BM, so my point is hunter is not that hard as you think it is. Did you played hunter recently?

Anyway i dont think this is the topic of this thread. On the topic i think @Kuma.1503 is right and ranger is easy to pick up for both pve and pvp

Edited by razaelll.8324

1 hour ago, razaelll.8324 said:

For survival i can agree but for MM no, in my opinion MM is like in the middle of the pack, not very hard but also not easy as BM, so my point is hunter is not that hard as you think it is. Did you played hunter recently?

Anyway i dont think this is the topic of this thread. On the topic i think @Kuma.1503 is right and ranger is easy to pick up for both pve and pvp

I think I mentioned ez to pick up not equal to ez to play.

analogies help, guitar is an ez to pick up instrument it feels natural and everyone knows to hold it, but the most important part of the repertoire for a new player requires you to be able to play 800 notes in a minute. This is no ez task.

if you wanna be good on ranger it’s not ez, heck a lot of good players end up doing terrible in ats as ranger

edit: only really bringing up cuz I feel it’s a perfect analogy for this https://youtu.be/JP8R7JBu_UM

guitar would feel ez to pick up like ranger but you have to learn that inhuman thing whereas cello would feel unnatural like weaver but you’d have to play something ez like

https://youtu.be/zT7ISFpFohg

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
Proofing a statement
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I think I mentioned ez to pick up not equal to ez to play.

analogies help, guitar is an ez to pick up instrument it feels natural and everyone knows to hold it, but the most important part of the repertoire for a new player requires you to be able to play 800 notes in a minute. This is no ez task.

if you wanna be good on ranger it’s not ez, heck a lot of good players end up doing terrible in ats as ranger

edit: only really bringing up cuz I feel it’s a perfect analogy for this https://youtu.be/JP8R7JBu_UM

guitar would feel ez to pick up like ranger but you have to learn that inhuman thing whereas cello would feel unnatural like weaver but you’d have to play something ez like

https://youtu.be/zT7ISFpFohg

When i say easy to pick up i mean easy to start playing the class, understands its mechanincs fast and play it at decent level.  So ranger is a new player friendly class with which a new player can learn fast and perform on decent level.

Weaver takes more time to learn its mechanics and more time to practise it combos, as weaver you dont have instant access to all of your abilities and you have to weave to the proper attunement in order to get the ability you need, which means that in order to perform well enought with weaver you need to have very good awareness of your oponent and what you would need next, atuning to wrong atuments can cost you your life.

The music example was not very relevant in my opinion, because cello is much harder to play than guitar on a decent level it takes more time to learn to play cello than guitar as far as i know.

If you want to be a good player you have a lot things to learn  like kiting, positioning , rotations, compositions , maps, what other classes can do and what to expect from them, but this all stuff are not relevant to the class so they are not specific for rangers but to the player.

I am wondering why do you ensist on that ranger being very hard? 

Edited by razaelll.8324

8 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Yeah weaver the thing that basically farts out enough aoe and sustain around it to kill basically anything and barely get scratched is harder than ranger a class with very small burst windows and trash node control

This comment makes me think that you didnt played weaver much.

Am i right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

When i say easy to pick up i mean easy to start playing the class, understands its mechanincs fast and play it at decent level.  So ranger is a new player friendly class with which a new player can learn fast and perform on decent level.

Weaver takes more time to learn its mechanics and more time to practise it combos, as weaver you dont have instant access to all of your abilities and you have to weave to the proper attunement in order to get the ability you need, which means that in order to perform well enought with weaver you need to have very good awareness of your oponent and what you would need next, atuning to wrong atuments can cost you your life.

The music example was not very relevant in my opinion, because cello is much harder to play than guitar on a decent level it takes more time to learn to play cello than guitar as far as i know.

If you want to be a good player you have a lot things to learn  like kiting, positioning , rotations, compositions , maps, what other classes can do and what to expect from them, but this all stuff are not relevant to the class so they are not specific for rangers but to the player.

I am wondering why do you ensist on that ranger being very hard? 

I mean I’m just a national champion level cello player and guitarist.

cello is not hard on any level.

ranger ain’t that ez, otherwise I think I would’ve seen good ones on my region

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I mean I’m just a national champion level cello player and guitarist.

cello is not hard on any level.

ranger ain’t that ez, otherwise I think I would’ve seen good ones on my region

And you think there are noo good ones in your region?

So you are saying cello is easier pick up and learn to play than guitar?

I guess violin is also easier than guitar?

Edited by razaelll.8324

21 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I was able to match top 10 weaver after just making a character.

weaver is insanely ez

I think you are strongly over exaggerating here and i find it very hard to believe on that statement.

I am wondering if weaver is that easy as you claim , why some of the top players consider it having the most complex and hard skills rotations?

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Like 1