Differences from mirage alacrity to revenant

Etaiver.9781

Mirage bring unstable condi damage while Renegade bring power damage, Renegade can hit higher DPS unless confusion is good on certain bosses like twin largo.

Renegade have more cc then mirage while being more consistent with the it as well, also have a choice of offering stability and a 50% damage reduction to other or heal. Mirage have the option to bring things like portal and reflect, technically can also bring a little bit of quickness but time warp is so kitten after the nerf so it may as well not exist.

And lastly Renegade can keep up the alacrity with the press of one button while mirage need to consistently spamming ambush attack.

• Like 2

Renegade is the better option if you want to make an alac toon for general raid or fractals for that matter. Mirage is just not going to be as useful much of the time in my opinion. Alacrigade can apply 100% alac to 10 players with 1 button in diviners and still do good dps for a support while also being top CC bar damage, providing party fury, protection, some might, stability, condi damage mitigation to party, normal damage mitigation to party, some group heals, etc, etc. Basically anything alac mirage can do Alacrigade is better at other than on maybe 2-3 encounters that Mirage benefits from using confusion on. Alacrigade can even be a solid offheal if they change stats, but Im just talking about your usual Diviners + Berserker power Alacrigade. It can do allot more than Mesmer can in the right hands.

• Haha 1

If you wana run Mirage for raids I would just spec vipers and use for condi bosses, but imo you still will end up wanting a renegade to be able to fill the usual alac support role. That said, I think if you are playing with a static of friends who are willing to let you run what you like than, run what you like.

6 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

Mirage bring unstable condi damage while Renegade bring power damage, Renegade can hit higher DPS unless confusion is good on certain bosses like twin largo.

Renegade have more cc then mirage while being more consistent with the it as well, also have a choice of offering stability and a 50% damage reduction to other or heal. Mirage have the option to bring things like portal and reflect, technically can also bring a little bit of quickness but time warp is so kitten after the nerf so it may as well not exist.

And lastly Renegade can keep up the alacrity with the press of one button while mirage need to consistently spamming ambush attack.

what you didnt mention is that mirage also gets people 25 stacks of might, that alone lets your FB switch from heal fb to hybrid condi fb that can dish out ~25k dps. grab a scourge or 2 for barrier and you have everyone in team pulling out 25k+ dps while having everything.

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

what you didnt mention is that mirage also gets people 25 stacks of might, that alone lets your FB switch from heal fb to hybrid condi fb that can dish out ~25k dps. grab a scourge or 2 for barrier and you have everyone in team pulling out 25k+ dps while having everything.

He asked about for raids not 5 man comp. but sure Mirage can make give might but a renedade will still do allot better then Mirage in 5 man situations and provide allot more ways to carry a party vs Mirage.

13 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Nor did I mention the might from Renegade, in my opinion there are so many people that brings might these days it's not worth mentioning, there should not be a situation that mirage is the only one bring all 25 of stack might, especially in pug group with less group synergy (tho I can see as a fight drag on, the boon might drop due pressure). So quite a few of them is wasted due to overstacking. 

Edited by AXLIB.8425
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, Mouse.7382 said:

As I play cdps Mirage, I cannot explain the difference--but what I can say from doing Daily T4 CM Fractals (as HB main)--Revenant (as stated by the players playing them) is much easier to maintain ALAC as Rev.

renegade has perma aoe 10 players.

Chrono seams stronger alacrity of 50% instead(if i recall its selfish, not for alies)than the normal 25% alacrity from rev f4.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAw6lNwaYOsFWJ2+A-zRJYwRD/J4xB-e

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 7/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

Alacrigade can apply 100% alac to 10 players with 1 button in diviners and still do good dps for a support while also being top CC bar damage, providing party fury, protection, some might, stability, condi damage mitigation to party, normal damage mitigation to party, some group heals, etc, etc.

Ah, yes, the elusive four-legends-herald-renegade build.

Alacren will require more specific gear, which slightly reduces the DPS. Needs to use a traited skill on cooldown. Alacrity mirage is a pure DPS condi build with better damage (much better against some bosses), and relies on vigor, regen, and constant ambushes to pump out alacrity while doing the damage rotation. Also craps out 25 might, which is nice.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Ah, yes, the elusive four-legends-herald-renegade build.

Alacren will require more specific gear, which slightly reduces the DPS. Needs to use a traited skill on cooldown. Alacrity mirage is a pure DPS condi build with better damage (much better against some bosses), and relies on vigor, regen, and constant ambushes to pump out alacrity while doing the damage rotation. Also craps out 25 might, which is nice.

I play alacregade. I used to play Mirage. I know what renegade does. I said what "renegade" does NOT "herald" although they both have allot of overlap other than Glint and Kalla. Mirage Alac is "good" on like 3 bosses. Mirage can work if you cant get a real alacregade kinda like quickness scrapper works when/if you cannot get a cqb =p

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

renegade has perma aoe 10 players.

Chrono seams stronger alacrity of 50% instead the normal 25% alacrity from rev f4.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAw6lNwaYOsFWJ2+A-zRJYwRD/J4xB-e

Alaregade is 100% alacrity to 10 players from F4 when you run diviners and trait Rightious Rebel. Its not spread out in tiny chunks like Mirage so its allot easier to drop on party in fights with mechanics that force party to move apart vs Mirage.

5 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Alaregade is 100% alacrity to 10 players from F4 when you run diviners and trait Rightious Rebel. Its not spread out in tiny chunks like Mirage so its allot easier to drop on party in fights with mechanics that force party to move apart vs Mirage.

yeah from renegade i know well, main rev as well but im play more towards heavy heals and perma regen 🙂 (the amazing build system that rev has and no other class has 🙂 )

My doubt was between mirage and chrono, i always tough chrono would be the class for  alacrity choice in mesmer, i dont pve , duno if its a pve only build.

Even on WvW  diviner stats with jallis hammer and perma alac for 10 players xD

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Yea I duno why Anet decided to give Mirage alac all of a sudden. The only reason I can come up with is to "throw the dog a bone", so to speak, in hopes of making Mesmer players "happy" again while at the same time taking chrono down a peg (same patch) from being the "purple dps" everyone felt they needed for "good" raid comp., etc.

I cant help but see it as another lazy cheap "fix" like removing a dodge to "balance" condi mirage.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 4:58 AM, Etaiver.9781 said:

On 7/20/2021 at 1:52 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

On 7/20/2021 at 2:32 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

WTF is with quote now how can I remove these? Sorry but the new forum is total kitten. Moderator is welcome to delete this post since I dont see how I can remove the quotes and dont care so sit for 10 minutes to figure it out tbh.

Edited by Moradorin.6217