¿weapons and races missing in Gw2?

Hello to the community, I would like your opinions, well, and more so now that a new expansion is coming out soon, I analyzed what kind of weapons are missing in the game and that it would be very interesting to be able to see them, because I think it would give much more variety because I see that in the end the elite specializations make weapons that perhaps in a certain class does not make much sense, and is sometimes seen as forced.

In my opinion, the following weapons are missing in GW2:

1- 2-handed axes
2- Spear that can be equipped out of the water, leaving the trident as a water weapon. In addition, that some classes have the opportunity to equip it in 1 hand (javelin type) with a shield or war horn as a secondary weapon, (I think that in GW 1 there was such a class), in fact this could well be a new specialization of the warrior ...
3- Claws or fists. There are some legendary daggers that even look like claws, nowadays many rpg games include claws as weapons for classes type dps, assassins or monks ...
4- Magic books or orbs for magicians.

I'm sure some of them escapes me, there are also some skills of some classes that would need a rework, for example and in my case, I am a lover of warriors with 2 swords, however the skills with both swords are a little ... "Compared to other weapons, where the last one is a block, it could well be a strong attack with both swords, (this is just an example).

In turn, and finally they could also put new playable races, as I read a lot about this topic in comments from different players, races that can be playable within the lore of GW2 can be:

1- Centaurs
2- Quagam (frogmen I don't know exactly what they are called)
3- The bird men (I don't know what they were called, excuse me)
4- Dwarves (in the game's history they are mentioned)

And ... given that each race has some skilles that in the end are NOT usable, they could optionally, do as many role-playing games do, that each race has a passive of some stat without this being something that makes a difference, for For example, the char could have a power bonus, the Nor in Vitality, etc.

Edited by kaleyl.7890

Dwarves have been turned to stone per the lore. It originaly started with just the stonesummit dwarves but that seems to have been expanded to all dwarves.

Centaurs are highly unlikely to be playable due to them being a current major threat to DR and Humans.

Tengu have been the single most requested beast race in the games history with Quaggan and Kodan following it. Id like to see Tengu myself as a playable race sometime.

The frogmen have so many different tribes and all have a different name.

Out of the 4 Tengu are currently the only ones with a city space already in game and in lore. Dominion of Winds, though i doubt anet will ever introduce a new race.

A new weapon type is also probably not going to happen.

We have melee staffs, that function well with scythe skins. Anet could add a throwing staff to a few classes as part of an elite spec. The gw1 class was called the paragon. Id love to see spears however.

Fists would be nice too but anet would probably again use focuses for that.

2 handed axe would probably be a hammer with some skins.

and books/orbs are basically focuses

ok so where to begin....

Firstly,

You list is nowhere close to approximate amount of weapons one could think of as separate distinct weapon types that the game does not implement by name.

Secondly:

Half of your "weapon" list is not even a weapon per say.

And that is without going into things like, 2h axes being so indistinct that you could implement 2h axe looking skins for hammer or GS and it would be just about as good as an actuall 2h axe, and the fact that "magic books or orbs" seems oddly fitting with foci weapon cathegory. (where for example binding of ipos legendary focus is literally magic book).

Thirdly:

New playable races - as you should know from reading any of bazilion of threads on the aspect, are extremely cost prohibitive endeavour and therefore extremely unlikely for AN to ever implement such at this point.

Fourthly(is that how you spell it? 🤔)

Quaggan and frog people are two distinct different minor species

And in the fifth place (Fivethly? 🤔)

Flat no to any statistic bonuses per race - AN have made sure that there is no gameplay reason to have a "meta" race, and it should stay this way. (this is why racial skills are so bad)

• Like 4

Wow has proofen over and over and over again that Racial Talents/Stats don't work. 

It didn't work since vanilla. 

Your change would mean that every single player that plays a power dps build would need to play charr. (If you want to be competitive.) 

Even if the power bonus would be just be 10.

Because racial don't matter in GW2, you have way more options to play. 

• Like 2

Thanks for answering, I can understand what you are arguing in your answers, but ... it cannot be that everything in GW2 is "aesthetic" or a "skin".

I know there is a cane skin that looks like a scythe, but the approach is to give a little more variety that can lead to new build options, the example of a spear without going any further, a weapon only aquatic when it can be a perfect weapon For many classes, a magic orb too, for example, can be something more than a focus skin, and give more options to "wizard" type classes.

Something that I see is that a range of weapons has been established, and they are taking out elite specializations forcing some classes to use types of weapons as we say in my land "to get out of trouble."

(These are examples) I think a necromancer would do better with a magic orb or spear than a 2-handed sword. A thief some claws or katars instead of a staff, a warrior spear and shield instead of daggers, a guardian spear instead of a bow ... Again they are examples but to understand me 🙂

Simply so that there are more options, more skilles, more variety available to players that please not everything is "skin of something".

1 hour ago, Bomboed.5697 said:

1H hand-crossbow
2H heavy crossbow

I just like crossbows. They would be nice for many classes, especially for Engineer.

Yes, I also thought about it, thanks if crossbows can also be an option