Question about Dev/Corporate Life

Returning player but am seriously concerned about what the corporate culture is like and how stressed the development team is.  Do not want to return to a game or corporation that even remotely treats it's employees and community like Activision/Blizzard.  I know no corporate culture is a utopia but one that turns a blind eye to the "boys will be boys" atmosphere is not one I am willing to support.  Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA  🙂

Yeah I don't think this is a good place to ask. Anet staff only post here occasionally, usually when they need to announce things, so they may not see this. But more importantly if they only have good things to say we can't be sure if it's genuine or a corporate statement presented as personal opinion, and if they want to say anything negative they may not be comfortable doing it here because even if they don't have their name on the post there's a good chance the forum admins could identify them.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear there have been problems at times, just because of the size of the company and the fact that, according to discussions between developers from all over the place on Twitter some issues (like excessive working hours and sexism) are so widespread in the industry that it's virtually impossible to avoid them entirely. But from what I've heard from people who work for Anet specifically it's a pretty good place to work in general so I would be surprised to hear that it's as extreme and widespread as at some companies (not just Blizzard, although they are the latest to make headlines).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll just share this anecdotal twitter thread from Linsey Murdock, from the time when she left to work for Riot (most likely on their new MMORPG)(click on it for the full thread) :

It is mostly positive, with a positive outlook on the future of Arenanet. I'm not sure if this is what OP is looking for, as it is already months old and only anecdotal. Who knows how other/current team members feel.

Edited by Raknar.4735