Tengus

8 hours ago, linkym.2069 said:

Are they really not going to implement the tengus as a playable race? Do you believe they will anounce it later on or it wont ever be a thing? Im honestly surprised that they added tengus on some quests and even added the tengu profile pic here on the forums, and they havent said a word about it. What do you think?

if they wanted us to preorder they should have put all the majour features in the first sneak peak, while there is not even one shot of a tengu in the reveal.
That means no Tengu or Largos and what you have seen are the BIG features we will get.
Happy? I mean Fishing and boats were a much requested thing...oh yeah and a big mount...
This time they really blowed it with the "expansion level" content.

I love the Tengu to bits and I hope they'll add them as a playable option one day, but I don't think there's any chance it will be with EoD. It would be a massive undertaking to complete in the time they have even if they weren't also working on maps, strikes, and other features to go with it. I'm no game dev, but I think it could be doable with a small dedicated team over the course of a few years, as a side or passion project, while the main story progresses to a point where it wouldn't seem out of the blue, but I'm going to try my best not to get my hopes up, and not at all for EoD.

Then again, I might be made to eat my hat.

2 minutes ago, Zaidya.6138 said:

besides story problems there is also that they have to change every skin for the different body type. we already have funny bugs with charr skins... 

But as for my playable quaggan that rules ofc. do not apply 😛 

Its be easier to modify them for Tengu, they use a similiar skeleton and rigging points as Charr do.

More work would have to be done for Quaggan. Alot more. Every single skin would need to be completely redone so it fit on Quaggan. Not mention the story problems they present too. Quaggan would arguably have more issues with buggy skins than Charr or Tengu. Due to what race they make them for first: Humans.

And actually, due to Tengu standing upright and being alot more humanesque in their looks would probably have less issues than even Charr do.

2 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Its be easier to modify them for Tengu, they use a similiar skeleton and rigging points as Charr do.

More work would have to be done for Quaggan. Alot more. Every single skin would need to be completely redone so it fit on Quaggan. Not mention the story problems they present too. Quaggan would arguably have more issues with buggy skins than Charr or Tengu. Due to what race they make them for first: Humans.

And actually, due to Tengu standing upright and being alot more humanesque in their looks would probably have less issues than even Charr do.

sorry you rly took my quaggan comment seriousely? xD it was pure sarcasm, ofc fitting quaggan into skins would be more of an effort than tengu. As for the story they atleast do exist in the first gw2s story somehow ^^. it would just be a little bit funny to have a quaggan commander tho.. xD 

10 hours ago, linkym.2069 said:

Are they really not going to implement the tengus as a playable race?

I think it was obvious for them not to add playable Tengu (or any other race, really), aside from maybe a transform tonic.

It's just too much work for every single non-cultural piece of gear to be adjusted to fit new models.

If they can't even bother fixing Charr and Asura clipping issues, why would they spend effort on an entirely new race?

And then they'd need to create completely new starting experiences for the races akin to the original five races, so the new races could properly become that commander and thus have less issues fitting in the entire story.

Do you expect Arenanet would spend money on that?

Tengu aficionados just got their hopes up based on literally nothing.

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think it was obvious for them not to add playable Tengu (or any other race, really), aside from maybe a transform tonic.

Tengu aficionados just got their hopes up based on literally nothing.

I would love a tengu tonic. At least i could rp as one.