Relation between shiro, vizu, nika, mai, mai trin

Crystal Paladin.3871

so the Guildwars 1 wiki says "the Assassin Vizu crippled Shiro and allowed the two champions to deliver the killing blow" but vizu looks different. and Nika looks more similar to the one portrayed in the factions video.

and Is Mai in anyway the same as Mai Trin? coz they somewhat look the same(the hair is tied to a bun at the top) and also since mai trin can be seen flying to cantha in an airship along with an asura and aurene hovering around the airship.

also I heard the Wild Eyed Miller say that Marjory Delaqua and Mai Trin are sisters.... and in EOD first look  they mentioned marjory has some cool detective stuff in EOD.... maybe this is true?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

so the Guildwars 1 wiki says "the Assassin Vizu crippled Shiro and allowed the two champions to deliver the killing blow" but vizu looks different. and Nika looks more similar to the one portrayed in the factions video.

Vizu was the one who crippled Shiro, and whose advice we sought in GW1 to beat him again. We only see her ghost in game in GW1 and since her and Nika are both assassins, they likely look familiar.

25 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

and Is Mai in anyway the same as Mai Trin? coz they somewhat look the same(the hair is tied to a bun at the top) and also since mai trin can be seen flying to cantha in an airship along with an asura and aurene hovering around the airship.

Mai and Mai Trin are entirely separate characters - Mai was a henchman in GW1 and one of the first characters to train with and join the GW1 Factions hero. They may write the latter as an ancestor, but I kind of doubt it, given the former's minor role in GW1 (There is a chance though, given that they wrote in another prominent GW1 hero into PoF).

Edited by Poormany.4507

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

but vizu looks different. and Nika looks more similar to the one portrayed in the factions video.

vizu is basically nika model but with "ghost" fx attached. Could make sense considering Nika is descendand of Vizu.

and Is Mai in anyway the same as Mai Trin?

aside from 250 year gap between Mai and Mai Trin I would imagine more than one canthan to use the name "Mai".

also I heard the Wild Eyed Miller say that Marjory Delaqua and Mai Trin are sisters.... and in EOD first look  they mentioned marjory has some cool detective stuff in EOD.... maybe this is true?

personally I would treat anything from wild-eyed miller with big dose of salt 😉

So relations:

Vizu enabled defeat of Shiro after he assasinated emperor during harvest ceremony.

Nika is descendant of Vizu that made "a" contribution to stopping Shiro's return.

Mai is unrelated to any of those aside from happening to live within same "coutry" as Nika, and in roughtly similar age,

Mai Trin's relation to either is limited to the fact she is of canthan origin.

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Mai is unrelated to any of those aside from happening to live within same "coutry" as Nika, and in roughtly similar age,

Mai and Nika are cousins.

And like Nika, Mai is also a descendant of Vizu.

However, we know nothing about their relation to Mai Trin, if there is any.

Mai is a rather common Japanese name, so having two characters in the franchise with that given name is likely just a coincidence.

The developer who invented Mai Trin might not even have been aware of Mai, who is just a henchwoman in Shing Jea (if I recall correctly).

27 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Were they now....

Intereting so many playthroughs through faction and I never catched a hint at that 🤔

It's mentioned on wiki 😁

In Factions, she (Nika) joined Mhenlo replacing the two twin sisters, which are Emi and Chiyo.

On Shing Jea Island Mai said: "I'm following in the steps of cousin Nika.".
Mai also mentions Nika in A Favor Returned: "I can be as great as Nika!", so apparently she was looking up to her.

Edited by NotTooFoolish.7412

8 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Nika and Vizu's appearances in promotions use the same model with one difference - eye color. Visu has blue eyes, while Nika has green. It should be noted that originally, Nika used the same model as Vizu's in-game appearance (but fleshy), but her model was changed to more closely match the promotional art - Vizu's model was never updated.

I don't see the similarity. Hairstyle is a pretty bad argument for similarity, too.

Probably not, Wild-Eyed Miller is an intentional crazy-crazy wild theory thrower.