April Fools patch notes.... again?

Alpha.1308

On 8/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, AXLIB.8425 said:

if you look at pve, our medic feed back has a cooldown of 32 seconds, and it revive 5 percent, while both necro's and ele's revival trait is 7 percent, and necro has a 30s cooldown while ele's has a 20s cooldown. guardian does 15 percent, but it a one time thing. so it doesn't even measure up to other traits in pve

Yea I mean TBH in wvw I usually value the condi cleanse on phant over the revive trait. Its just useful more of the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 2:04 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yea I mean TBH in wvw I usually value the condi cleanse on phant over the revive trait. Its just useful more of the time.

but how does garbage being slightly better than garbage make it acceptable?

we still need traitline revamps, because this is absolutely pathetic with what's going on across the board

for every class in general, due to global pvp-specific-nerfs that literally murder the idea of a trait pick (like the 300s cooldown trash), but mesmer in particular, for the individual strengths of the traits, some classes have entire traitlines worth picking for a single grandmaster that's build defining, while also picking up synergetic traits elsewhere in the line, meanwhile, mesmer got mostly... uh.... major traits that are... "good", like.... wat 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

but how does garbage being slightly better than garbage make it acceptable?

we still need traitline revamps, because this is absolutely pathetic with what's going on across the board

for every class in general, due to global pvp-specific-nerfs that literally murder the idea of a trait pick (like the 300s cooldown trash), but mesmer in particular, for the individual strengths of the traits, some classes have entire traitlines worth picking for a single grandmaster that's build defining, while also picking up synergetic traits elsewhere in the line, meanwhile, mesmer got mostly... uh.... major traits that are... "good", like.... wat 

Yea agreed. Im not happy about the revive change at all. I wasnt using the trait most of the time, but now I have evenless reason to use it than before.

It seriously boggles my mind that the Mesmer revive trait was nerfed at all. I know other classes also got some "nerfs" to "revive traits" but others like Necro, scrapper, ranger, guard etc  all have crazy powerful revive abilities compared to Mesmer and by saying that Im not suggesting they need to be nerfed. Im AM suggesting the Mesmer nerf was totally out of place. Medics feedback was some times handy for dropping an extra feedback dome, but lets compare it to other revives traits:

Mesmer: Medic's feedback has a cooldown of 32 seconds and gives 1% revive per tick for and lasts a whopping 6 seconds for a total possible benefit of proviing 6% TOTAL revive to the downed player. WOW thats useless as hell IMO.

Necromancer:  Gets the most far as I know. They can use Blood magic and gain 3 traits to augment revives it can also be swapped into condi scourge with minimal dps loss (still does 25k+ dps w full viper's). Ritual of Life's benefit triggers on every "well of blood" or "lesser well of blood" lesser will trigger on revive every 30 seconds which creates a healing area that also auto revives for a benefit of 7% a tick for 5 ticks so a Lesser well with give 35% revive benefit to anyone downed in the well, but they can also drop "Well of Blood" for another 35% that willl stack with the other if they wish, then they also get Life From Death which gives 10% revive to 5 players in range every time Shroud ends (every 20 seconds) THEN they also get Transfusion  is very powerful for the pull but the revive in pve is 2% a tick for 9 ticks and again every time they use shroud so every 20 sec on scourge. In WvW Transfusion does 1% for 9 sec.

Then scrapper gets Function Gyro always just cause they do and will revive 3 allies on demand and has a 25 sec cooldown.

Ranger, guard, others get reivive traits and utilities. Mesmer's is the shitties one of them all if you ask me. Its not ever worth bringing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Im not happy about the revive change at all.

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

It seriously boggles my mind that the Mesmer revive trait was nerfed at all.

i mean

i really don't even care about it being the same as other revive traits

what i care about is that ALL of the revive traits are like this

they're trash 

but mesmer in particular has no good option in place of this trash, like the other classes

my issue is they don't fix the surrounding problems

i couldn't care less about this trait on its own, or any revive traits, for that matter

remove them all, give us something usable in their place

even THAT still doesn't fix the freaking mantra trait or phantasms cleanse (ONE single condi!?!?!?!??! on their cooldowns?!?!?!) 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alpha.1308 said:

i mean

i really don't even care about it being the same as other revive traits

what i care about is that ALL of the revive traits are like this

they're trash 

but mesmer in particular has no good option in place of this trash, like the other classes

my issue is they don't fix the surrounding problems

i couldn't care less about this trait on its own, or any revive traits, for that matter

remove them all, give us something usable in their place

even THAT still doesn't fix the freaking mantra trait or phantasms cleanse (ONE single condi!?!?!?!??! on their cooldowns?!?!?!) 

Yea I mean I think what bothers allot of us is how much has been removed or gutted without anything to replace it. The closes thing Mes has gotten to a buff since the infamous feb patch was alac on Mirage which I dont think a single Mesmer asked for and not all even like. It also doesnt even begin to compensate for all that was removed especially considering that most things got nerfed to "balance" pvp/wvw.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yea I mean I think what bothers allot of us is how much has been removed or gutted without anything to replace it. The closes thing Mes has gotten to a buff since the infamous feb patch was alac on Mirage which I dont think a single Mesmer asked for and not all even like. It also doesnt even begin to compensate for all that was removed especially considering that most things got nerfed to "balance" pvp/wvw.

Alac on mirage was garbage anyways, since you can't sustain 100% alacrity on mirage without a deficient stat combo as there is no combo of condi-expertise-concentration or condi-precision-expertise-concentration , so if you go Plaguedoctor you gain an absolutely worthless stat in healing power.

The fact that clones on chaos vortex don't also apply alacrity is so utterly ridiculous, you basically have to spam dodge on cooldown, with vigor, with crystal sand and heal on cooldown for the mirror generation to have close to 97% alacrity uptime. While rev easily maintains alacrity, and brings a metric ton more utility.

Condi RR rev even brings better damage after the gutting of confusion, and still brings better CC and other utility options.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Alac on mirage was garbage anyways, since you can't sustain 100% alacrity on mirage without a deficient stat combo as there is no combo of condi-expertise-concentration or condi-precision-expertise-concentration , so if you go Plaguedoctor you gain an absolutely worthless stat in healing power.

The fact that clones on chaos vortex don't also apply alacrity is so utterly ridiculous, you basically have to spam dodge on cooldown, with vigor, with crystal sand and heal on cooldown for the mirror generation to have close to 97% alacrity uptime. While rev easily maintains alacrity, and brings a metric ton more utility.

Condi RR rev even brings better damage after the gutting of confusion, and still brings better CC and other utility options.

rev also doesnt do 30k dps while doing it.
I did 100 CM fractals with good mirages and they can uptime 100% alac while having 20-25k dps.
Yes its more clunky and unreliable, but the payoff is there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

rev also doesnt do 30k dps while doing it.
I did 100 CM fractals with good mirages and they can uptime 100% alac while having 20-25k dps.
Yes its more clunky and unreliable, but the payoff is there.

Your average alacrigade is power. Condi RR rev does as much DPS as staff mirage, brings more CC, brings assassin's presence, and has no issue with alacrity.

Also, 30k DPS my kitten. The average PuG run 100 cm (the only place where staff mirage isn't garbage) sees a Fractal God scourge benefitting from 2-3 epidemics run 26-28k DPS at best . Mirage's damage on 100 cm with the confusion changes went DOWN, not up, since Ao Ki procced confusion super frequently, and when her breakbar popped, it ticked one empowered confusion proc for 50-70k. That's all gone.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Your average alacrigade is power. Condi RR rev does as much DPS as staff mirage, brings more CC, brings assassin's presence, and has no issue with alacrity.

Also, 30k DPS my kitten. The average PuG run 100 cm (the only place where staff mirage isn't garbage) sees a Fractal God scourge benefitting from 2-3 epidemics run 26-28k DPS at best . Mirage's damage on 100 cm with the confusion changes went DOWN, not up, since Ao Ki procced confusion super frequently, and when her breakbar popped, it ticked one empowered confusion proc for 50-70k. That's all gone.

life is not a golem, I have a friend that plays condi rene, and using CC kittens over your dps big time, and to top it off mirage ALSO has really good cc, oh and perma 25 might btw.

1 minute ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

life is not a golem, I have a friend that plays condi rene, and using CC kittens over your dps big time, and to top it off mirage ALSO has really good cc, oh and perma 25 might btw.

I can't believe we're having this asinine conversation. Mirage doesn't have good CC; its opportunity cost is way higher than rev's, namely destroying your clones for diversion and disabling the condi damage and duration passives from your signets. If you give up jaunt for moa, it's another sizable DPS loss.

25 might is totally irrelevant when the Firebrand is already capping it. It's like saying scourge utility is great because Blood is Power gives 16 might. Who cares? It's redundant utility in group content.

And the comment about things not being a golem, what the hell are you talking about? I mentioned specifically 100cm, not a golem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

I can't believe we're having this asinine conversation. Mirage doesn't have good CC; its opportunity cost is way higher than rev's, namely destroying your clones for diversion and disabling the condi damage and duration passives from your signets. If you give up jaunt for moa, it's another sizable DPS loss.

25 might is totally irrelevant when the Firebrand is already capping it. It's like saying scourge utility is great because Blood is Power gives 16 might. Who cares? It's redundant utility in group content.

And the comment about things not being a golem, what the hell are you talking about? I mentioned specifically 100cm, not a golem.

It 1 enables changes, for example FB can change some traits around, and you all still have 25stacks of might, but gain increased healing.
2 is 10 man
and 3, losing 3 clones and 1 signet hurts, but not too badly to be relevant

5 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It 1 enables changes, for example FB can change some traits around, and you all still have 25stacks of might, but gain increased healing.
2 is 10 man
and 3, losing 3 clones and 1 signet hurts, but not too badly to be relevant

1- ??? The only trait you would change is the staff trait for heal on aegis. And guess what, perma might 25 stacks can be maintained by HB regardless of that trait. You don't know what you are talking about. Healbrand doesn't require any trait to maintain 25 might stacks at all.

2- Who cares if it's 10 man or 5 man? Every squad will have a HB and a druid; might will always be capped regardless.

3- Not too badly to be relevant? You are talking hot air here. It is a significant DPS tax.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zenith.7301 said:

1- ??? The only trait you would change is the staff trait for heal on aegis. And guess what, perma might 25 stacks can be maintained by HB regardless of that trait. You don't know what you are talking about. Healbrand doesn't require any trait to maintain 25 might stacks at all.

2- Who cares if it's 10 man or 5 man? Every squad will have a HB and a druid; might will always be capped regardless.

3- Not too badly to be relevant? You are talking hot air here. It is a significant DPS tax.

its not a significant dps tax, you get 2/3 clones instantly after shattering, and domi signet is maybe 5% at best.
also where the kitten does fb get 25stacks of might without traits, please enlighten me, maybe I have been using my fb wrong

12 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its not a significant dps tax, you get 2/3 clones instantly after shattering, and domi signet is maybe 5% at best.
also where the kitten does fb get 25stacks of might without traits, please enlighten me, maybe I have been using my fb wrong

HB is running Harriers stats. Mantra of Potence provides 15 might, staff 4 provides 12 might. You do the math.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

HB is running Harriers stats. Mantra of Potence provides 15 might, staff 4 provides 12 might. You do the math.

this is about 19 might, assuming 100% boon duration and spaming them both off cooldown, not even factoring things like cast time, or being unable to stand still for staff 4

29 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

this is about 19 might, assuming 100% boon duration and spaming them both off cooldown, not even factoring things like cast time, or being unable to stand still for staff 4

lol, what you're missing is the fact you create a fire field for blasting with tome 1, which is another source of might, and purging circle is another source of might with blast fields.

And you don't run quickness scrapper because the exposed bar gives a massively bigger boost to condition specs, quickness can be maintained with a HB alone, with 2x condi firebrands or scourges doing 37k dps instead.

Scourge will never replace a HB in fractals for the support slot. For one, no one else can maintain resolution, particularly important in CM and especially afflicted instab weeks. And nobody will match the stability uptime of a HB. Not to mention scourge may mitigate preemptive damage, but it cannot successufly heal targets back up when they do take that damage, if they're forced to split in cases like Ensolyss or Artsariv.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1